KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who is the hardest puncher in comics (on average)?

Who is the hardest puncher in comics (on average)?
Started by: Starscream M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Starscream M

Who is the hardest puncher in comics (on average)?

Only characters who have punched over 10 opponents on-panel are eligible.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 10:11 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Galactus.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 10:17 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

hulk. see onslaught.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 10:28 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Am I the only one that thinks a punch at maybe x10 the speed of light from someone like Surfer would be > a Hulk punch, regardless of his strength? Velocity is an important component of total force.

Standing still, I agree that it's probably Hulk. Maybe someone like Thanos, Mangog, Despero, SBP, etc. Excluding the abstracts, of course.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 10:41 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Hulk

thank u bz

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 10:47 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Prime I guess.

Either that or Igor Vovchanchyn.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 10:47 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

How about Flash's IMP?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 10:49 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Starscream M
How about Flash's IMP?
yuck, i hate that word.

how does it even work exactly? objects at 99% lightspeed gain "infinite mass", but since the speed force allows that, shouldn't the "for every action, there is an opposite and equal re-action" law come into play?

i mean, he makes contact with the object he intends to hit but only the object receives the kinetic energy transfer? wtf?

way to cherry pick dc

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 10:54 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Herc and Wonder Man should be mentioned.

Standing punches that is.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 10:55 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by psycho gundam
yuck, i hate that word.

how does it even work exactly? objects at 99% lightspeed gain "infinite mass", but since the speed force allows that, shouldn't the "for every action, there is an opposite and equal re-action" law come into play?

i mean, he makes contact with the object he intends to hit but only the object receives the kinetic energy transfer? wtf?

way to cherry pick dc
dood, you know better than to expect actual physics to be applied in comics

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 10:56 PM
Stoic
Avenger

There would be different degrees of punching power, and a whole lot would do with the speed of the punch (like Digi mentioned above) the solidity of the punch would also have to be factored in as well.

Superman, and Juggernaut would have a similar punch, if measured in pounds per square foot, because of how tough their body armor is, as compared to someone with less body armor like let's say the Hulk.

Where Superman trumps Juggernaut is in the velocity department Jugernaut's mystic nature should make up for his lack of speed though but this is arguable.

The Hulks thing, is that rarely does he deliver the same strength punch, because he is never the same strength level.

I'm going with guys like, Superman, Sentry, Gladiator for this one, because although the Hulk has surpassed them and can surpass them on any given day, we have to go with the median (average) as this thread asked.

Superman ftw.

Last edited by Stoic on Sep 20th, 2008 at 11:01 PM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 10:59 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

yuck, i hate that word.

way to cherry pick dc

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 10:59 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kakuzu
A new heart I see!!

Mangog and Trion Juggernaut. Simple. Superboy prime doesn't count he hit the source wall.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 11:10 PM
kakuzu is currently offline Click here to Send kakuzu a Private Message Find more posts by kakuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Despero
Super Angry hulk
Superman
Flash
Zoom
Mangog
Rulk

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 11:16 PM
fangirl101 is currently offline Click here to Send fangirl101 a Private Message Find more posts by fangirl101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Re: Who is the hardest puncher in comics (on average)?

Originally posted by Starscream M
Only characters who have punched over 10 opponents on-panel are eligible.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 11:19 PM
Bouboumaster

Originally posted by CaptainStoic
There would be different degrees of punching power, and a whole lot would do with the speed of the punch (like Digi mentioned above) the solidity of the punch would also have to be factored in as well.

Superman, and Juggernaut would have a similar punch, if measured in pounds per square foot, because of how tough their body armor is, as compared to someone with less body armor like let's say the Hulk.

Where Superman trumps Juggernaut is in the velocity department Jugernaut's mystic nature should make up for his lack of speed though but this is arguable.

The Hulks thing, is that rarely does he deliver the same strength punch, because he is never the same strength level.

I'm going with guys like, Superman, Sentry, Gladiator for this one, because although the Hulk has surpassed them and can surpass them on any given day, we have to go with the median (average) as this thread asked.

Superman ftw.

QFT

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 11:53 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I am not sure why people are saying Superman when we have a Kryptonian running around who is everything he is and more...

Superman Prime and Trion Juggernaut I guess

Old Post Sep 21st, 2008 12:26 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Knowsbleed33
You know my name

Juggernaut would rank up there. At classic levels he collapsed a mountain from punching a guy in the face. (8th Day) and the aforementioned Trion Juggernaut punching through dimensional barriers.

Thanks to Scythe

Old Post Sep 21st, 2008 02:11 AM
Knowsbleed33 is currently offline Click here to Send Knowsbleed33 a Private Message Find more posts by Knowsbleed33 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

On average it's likely Hulk or Superman.

Best individual hits probably are from someone like Surfer or Flash.

yuck, i hate that word.

way to cherry pick dc

Speedforce compensates for all those little problems.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2008 02:14 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aster Phoenix
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman Prime, have you forgotten the retcon punch?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 21st, 2008 02:15 AM
Aster Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Aster Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Aster Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote