KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dr. Manhatten Vs. Martian Manhunter 1Million!!!!

Dr. Manhatten Vs. Martian Manhunter 1Million!!!!
Started by: Hitman911

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hitman911
Battle Master

Dr. Manhatten Vs. Martian Manhunter 1Million!!!!

Who takes this!??!?!?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 12:09 AM
Hitman911 is currently offline Click here to Send Hitman911 a Private Message Find more posts by Hitman911 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LDHZenkai
Evergreen Oldboy

What are MM's powers when he's bonded with mars?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 12:37 AM
LDHZenkai is currently offline Click here to Send LDHZenkai a Private Message Find more posts by LDHZenkai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Based on implied power MM stomps the Doc.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 01:15 AM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hitman911
Battle Master

MM mindrapes DM

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 01:29 AM
Hitman911 is currently offline Click here to Send Hitman911 a Private Message Find more posts by Hitman911 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LDHZenkai
Evergreen Oldboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by iceman24567
Based on implied power MM stomps the Doc.

Do you have a link to his powers or should i just read the issue? I'm trying to be lazy here.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 01:37 AM
LDHZenkai is currently offline Click here to Send LDHZenkai a Private Message Find more posts by LDHZenkai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hitman911
Battle Master

Originally posted by LDHZenkai
Do you have a link to his powers or should i just read the issue? I'm trying to be lazy here.
Wiki says: Martian Manhunter possesses a wide variety of superhuman powers, many of which are similar to those of Superman and Wonder Woman, including super-strength, super-speed, invulnerability and flight. Like Superman, Martian Manhunter has "Martian vision" (a term designating both the ability to see through solid objects and the ability to generate optic heat beams).
During the 90s, it was stated that the source of his flight and "Martian vision" is a form of telekinesis (he had occasionally demonstrated more traditional uses of telekinesis to levitate and animate objects during his Detective Comics and House of Mystery appearances).
The Martian Manhunter also possesses the power of shapeshifting, which he employs for various effects (e.g., adopting human or monstrous appearance, elongating his limbs, growing to immense size). He can alter the chemical makeup of his body to imitate various materials such as steel or stone. J'onn can render himself invisible, and is also able to become intangible so as to pass harmlessly through solid objects. He is a powerful telepath, capable of both perceiving the thoughts of others and of projecting his own thoughts. He often acts as a "switchboard" between minds in order to coordinate the Justice League's actions. The extent of his telepathic abilities is great; several times he has connected to the entire planet Earth.
He has demonstrated regenerative abilities, once able to regenerate himself from only his severed hand but with great strain (due to the loss of mass he found it necessary to incorporate new matter from Martian sand). Early appearances of the character show him as able to breathe underwater; the last time he displayed this power was when he encountered Zauriel in the sea of San Francisco in JLA #6. The Manhunter has sometimes been said to possess nine senses, but these additional senses are poorly defined and generally ignored by most writers.
Aside from his superhuman powers, the Manhunter is also a skilled and very capable detective. As Batman mentions in his file, that "in many ways, Martian Manhunter is like an amalgam of Superman and the Dark Knight himself."

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 02:04 AM
LDHZenkai
Evergreen Oldboy

Originally posted by Hitman911
Wiki says: Martian Manhunter possesses a wide variety of superhuman powers, many of which are similar to those of Superman and Wonder Woman, including super-strength, super-speed, invulnerability and flight. Like Superman, Martian Manhunter has "Martian vision" (a term designating both the ability to see through solid objects and the ability to generate optic heat beams).
During the 90s, it was stated that the source of his flight and "Martian vision" is a form of telekinesis (he had occasionally demonstrated more traditional uses of telekinesis to levitate and animate objects during his Detective Comics and House of Mystery appearances).
The Martian Manhunter also possesses the power of shapeshifting, which he employs for various effects (e.g., adopting human or monstrous appearance, elongating his limbs, growing to immense size). He can alter the chemical makeup of his body to imitate various materials such as steel or stone. J'onn can render himself invisible, and is also able to become intangible so as to pass harmlessly through solid objects. He is a powerful telepath, capable of both perceiving the thoughts of others and of projecting his own thoughts. He often acts as a "switchboard" between minds in order to coordinate the Justice League's actions. The extent of his telepathic abilities is great; several times he has connected to the entire planet Earth.
He has demonstrated regenerative abilities, once able to regenerate himself from only his severed hand but with great strain (due to the loss of mass he found it necessary to incorporate new matter from Martian sand). Early appearances of the character show him as able to breathe underwater; the last time he displayed this power was when he encountered Zauriel in the sea of San Francisco in JLA #6. The Manhunter has sometimes been said to possess nine senses, but these additional senses are poorly defined and generally ignored by most writers.
Aside from his superhuman powers, the Manhunter is also a skilled and very capable detective. As Batman mentions in his file, that "in many ways, Martian Manhunter is like an amalgam of Superman and the Dark Knight himself."

Yea but in the million storyline he's like got diff powers right? Since he merged with mars.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 02:36 AM
Lord Feron

Originally posted by LDHZenkai
Yea but in the million storyline he's like got diff powers right? Since he merged with mars.

i guess he turns into ego smile

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 01:07 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

O_o Does MM 1M even have any feats?

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 02:58 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harbinger
Firestorm

Originally posted by occultdestroyer
O_o Does MM 1M even have any feats?
Off the top of my head, he defeated Darkseid by taking him to the center of the Source, willed Mars to life again (after The Swarm had destroyed it) after the Source merged him with the planet, and had telepathy so intense that Resurrection Man 1 Million had trouble coping with it from Earth, even though MM was still on Mars.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 03:23 PM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hitman911
Battle Master

Jon takes this...

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 06:35 PM
LDHZenkai
Evergreen Oldboy

Is MM 1 million still mars or did he reform his body?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 07:50 PM