KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Archenemy Vs Galactus

The Archenemy Vs Galactus
Started by: cloud102

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cloud102

The Archenemy Vs Galactus

B5

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 07:58 AM
cloud102 is currently offline Click here to Send cloud102 a Private Message Find more posts by cloud102 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

True, but a important fractor form my point of view is that Archenemy apparently only had the great success because of his ability to devour Magic utilized against, a ability that will be utter useless against Galactus.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 08:17 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

made this thread on another site

thank u bz

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 08:44 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cloud102

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Utrigita
True, but a important fractor form my point of view is that Archenemy apparently only had the great success because of his ability to devour Magic utilized against, a ability that will be utter useless against Galactus.

Where was this stated? All i know is that the Archenemy is very powerful either way. Yes, he does have more effect on magical realms, but he'd still do some damage to big G.

B5

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 09:43 AM
cloud102 is currently offline Click here to Send cloud102 a Private Message Find more posts by cloud102 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Read his powers and abilities. Also read the biography it's stated that Mephisto attacked Archenemy with all his might and it was just absorbed ore something like that, I think we have a respect thread ore some scans of it around here somewhere, I will try and dig them out.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 10:28 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

hard to say. the enemy didn't show a lot of offense. he did wipeout dormmy's world, surtur's world and mephisto's. ALL the splinter realm lords were terrified and all of them together (and there are a lot) couldn't stop him. in the end it was the attack on the computer that did it.

he didn't do much more than g should be able to do though. erm g already showed he could absorb mephisto's world. impossible to say if g could harm it or if the enemy would just absorb g's powers or be able to use it's massive magical knowledge against g.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 01:20 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Are you trying to compare Dormmy, Surtur and Mephisto to Galactus?
I hope you're not.

Anyway, Galactus wins.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 01:40 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

I wonder how Galactus would do against the combined forces that the Archenemy was fighting.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 02:18 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

The combined Forces that attacked Archenemy when he arrived was if I recall Correct "just" the demonic armies. I don't think any of the lords did participate directly in the battle.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 02:31 PM
basilisk

Originally posted by Utrigita
The combined Forces that attacked Archenemy when he arrived was if I recall Correct "just" the demonic armies. I don't think any of the lords did participate directly in the battle.

Surtur and Nightmare didn't, because they had already fallen. But Mephisto, Pluto, and Umar are shown taking part in the initial charge of "over a billion fighting beings" as they launch their attack on the Archenemy. And Mephisto and Dormammu are both seen later still actively fighting. Magik was also fighting. From this it is reasonable to assume the other lords participated even if they didn't get panel time.

Clearly the sort of Galactus who ran from Thor, fell to a handful of Avengers/FF, or had trouble with Dr. Strange wouldn't win this fight. But I wonder about a well-fed Galactus?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 03:05 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Originally posted by basilisk
Surtur and Nightmare didn't, because they had already fallen. But Mephisto, Pluto, and Umar are shown taking part in the initial charge of "over a billion fighting beings" as they launch their attack on the Archenemy. And Mephisto and Dormammu are both seen later still actively fighting. Magik was also fighting. From this it is reasonable to assume the other lords participated even if they didn't get panel time.

Clearly the sort of Galactus who ran from Thor, fell to a handful of Avengers/FF, or had trouble with Dr. Strange wouldn't win this fight. But I wonder about a well-fed Galactus?

When did Galan have trouble with Strange?
He got knocked over once, but was completely unharmed.

Also, Galactus when he was weaker than the instances you mentioned (only enough PC to keep him alive), one shotted 3 solar systems and a watcher, along with 80% of the annihilation wave.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 03:12 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
When did Galan have trouble with Strange?
He got knocked over once, but was completely unharmed.

Well all I mean is a well-fed Galactus probably wouldn't even notice Strange's attacks.

And in another instance one of Strange's spells caused him to tremble and scream in anguish, allowing the Thing to knock Galactus out.

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Also, Galactus when he was weaker than the instances you mentioned (only enough PC to keep him alive), one shotted 3 solar systems and a watcher, along with 80% of the annihilation wave.

Which doesn't make sense to me. A weak Galactus gets beaten and totally KO'd by a team of Thor, Dr. Strange, Thing, Reed, Iron Man, and Wasp. With no prep time, plot devices, or extra weapons. Just punch-in-the-face KO'd.

But an even weaker Galactus can destroy 3 solar systems? And destroy a Watcher? With one blast? While the "stronger" Galactus couldn't even stop Thor with his blasts?

Frankly I think the writers just got their descriptions of power levels a bit wrong there.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 03:38 PM
Utrigita

Didn't they join forces with Magik at that point to infuse power into her sword?

The Galactus that ran from Thor is imo the weakest Galactus that have been portrayed on panel. Galactus had just prior to that restored New York, after having chased Terrax across the universe which had made Galactus energy level dwindle and later he comes back (During the Galactus Hunger Incident) and stomps them so... Trouble with Doctor Strange?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 05:11 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I don't see Galactus having much difficulty here, personally.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 07:26 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Are you trying to compare Dormmy, Surtur and Mephisto to Galactus?
I hope you're not.

Anyway, Galactus wins.

why not? in mephisto's realm g wasn't shown to be more powerful and had to resort to absorbing mephisto's realm to gain the upperhand. throw in surtur and dormammu and the other splinter lords combined?

besides that--we have no way of knowing just how powerful the enemy truly was, so it's pretty much impossible to say how g would do.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 08:45 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Which doesn't make sense to me. A weak Galactus gets beaten and totally KO'd by a team of Thor, Dr. Strange, Thing, Reed, Iron Man, and Wasp. With no prep time, plot devices, or extra weapons. Just punch-in-the-face KO'd.

Ah, the wonders of CIS.

But an even weaker Galactus can destroy 3 solar systems? And destroy a Watcher? With one blast? While the "stronger" Galactus couldn't even stop Thor with his blasts?

THIS is how a famished Galactus should be constantly portrayed.

Frankly I think the writers just got their descriptions of power levels a bit wrong there.

I agree.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 10:14 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote