KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Shaman Nate vs Growing Gauntlet

Shaman Nate vs Growing Gauntlet
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Shaman Nate vs Growing Gauntlet

kinda liked this premise and served to give a nice gauge. the rules are simple--nate starts off against a SINGLE opponent, but 4 others wait in the wings to port in one at a time the instant the others are in trouble.

here we have shaman nate starting off against extremis ironman.

the instant IM is in trouble the others waiting to come in are:

1. current nova
2. magneto
3. ronan
4. adam warlock (current)

remember, each only comes in if the others before him NEED the help. if nova+IM can take him, mags never comes in. if nova+IM+mags can take him, no ronan, etc . . .

what combo is needed to take out the shaman version

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 01:35 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Personally I am uncertain.

The current Nova Prime could be tapping more into the Nova Force then before. If not, then both Nova and Ironman would run into trouble before Magneto comes in.

Nate would simply be overwhelmed by this point.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 01:48 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

so assuming its annihilation nova (forget tapping more of the force, just standard power levels) you think nova, IM and mags combined could take out the shaman?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 01:58 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

The team combined could certainly put a hurting on nate. Magneto and Adam could possibly do it on their own.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 02:23 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

what is shaman nate's best feat? he was capable of planetary levels of destruction, correct?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 02:25 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
what is shaman nate's best feat? he was capable of planetary levels of destruction, correct?

Planetary destruction was implied.

If not for the switch, Nate would have wiped out all of Asia. But he can definitely telekinetically crush entire City in his Sleep. Or Psionically blast a City with one hand.

so assuming its annihilation nova (forget tapping more of the force, just standard power levels) you think nova, IM and mags combined could take out the shaman?

Not sure about Ironmans mental defenses. But he certainly does not have enough juice to sustain a telekinetic fury. I don’t see why Nate could not simply crush him into a cube.

Nova Shields could hold out, but not his mental shields. They where breached by a lesser, telepath. And Nate has a history of sweeping right through mind blocks or mental shields.

Magneto on the other hand, has ample experience dealing with both telepaths and psychics in general. Magneto would give X-Man a hard time on his own. Let alone the back up.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 02:46 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

really? i'd have thought shaman level nate could crush mags . . .

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 03:14 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

really? i'd have thought shaman level nate could crush mags . . .
No I wouldn’t say crush. But Nate could vary well beat him. With trouble of course.

What you have to understand, is X-Man or Cable is something like…Xaviers Psionic’s with Telekenises at Magneto’s EM level. That’s how much X-Man/Cable can safely tap into. What’ left if the massive potential, that everyone sells for Hyperbole.

Free from the virus for the first time, Cable is a more POWERFUL figure, a mutant with a power level akin to Xavier or Magneto. For the first time in Cables life, he feels HOPE. Because if Apocalypse shows up again. Nathan Summers knows he is now strong enough to kick his ass.
(please log in to view the image)
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3336/hrcb100p42.jpg

Now take what I commented and think about what I said. And keep in mind that Magneto is a veteran when it comes to psychic characters. Magneto’s mental fortitude gives Xavier problem. And Nate’s TK control/power is slighter superior to Magneto’s EM. Eventually it would overwhelm Magneto. But he will definitely give him fight.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 04:35 AM
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

Mags, Nova and Iron Man should overwhelm Nate. Asuming the rules of the game does not allow for IM to be crushed and Nova to be seriously hurt before Magneto enters the fray.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 07:35 AM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

"Planetary destruction was implied"

That's why I've always disliked the Nate hype. Cool character, but all potential with no actuality when it came to high-end feats. If we based fights on potential power, anyone with a mutant ability would be high herald.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 05:39 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

for some reason, i thought the shaman version of nate had done more, had more feats. i'm a little diappointed in the shaman. erm

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 06:12 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by Digi
"Planetary destruction was implied"

That's why I've always disliked the Nate hype. Cool character, but all potential with no actuality when it came to high-end feats. If we based fights on potential power, anyone with a mutant ability would be high herald.

If we go by actual on-panel feats, Magneto is more impressive than Shaman Nate.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 06:42 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

IMO Nate would make it till everyone in the thread has to engage him and he might win. Nate should not have any trouble with IM, Nova and mags might cause him more effort but I don't think that they will be able to beat him. Put in Ronan... I don't think that would do that much but after putting Adam in there. It could spell trouble for nate but maybe not.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 06:57 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by batdude123
If we go by actual on-panel feats, Magneto is more impressive than Shaman Nate.

for some reason, i thought the shaman version of nate had done more, had more feats. i'm a little diappointed in the shaman. erm

...exactly. Again, great character from a story standpoint. But not for vs. stuff, especially with the needless hype he gets.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 06:58 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Judge for yourself. If feats are what you where looking for, the respect thread still stands. But I can list them.

Raw Psi (Raw Psi is not exactly TP or TK, but feats using raw mental energies).
Last he tried, he resurrected a character with a thought. (I can actually go in detail of how this is accomplished XD).
Reformed Splintered character (powerful in her own right), and the splintered her.
Pulled Xavier out of the Astral Realm.
Isolated Time Freeze.
Was about to wipe out a continent unconsciously (though mental suggestion). Wiped a City with one hand.
A being tapping into life force of Earth 616, was no match Nate.
Broken down the same Alien entity and himself, and embedding a piece of their essence in the cell of every living organism on Earth.
Could exist, in both the Astral Plane and Material World at the same time.
Psi Constructs
Psi Shields.

TK
Teleporting.
Phase through solid objects.
Destroyed a City in his Sleep with a mere thumbs down.
Can apply TK, at an atomic level.
Forms of energy manipulation.
Augment his strength past the 100 class.
Teleport across the alternate realties.
TK Shields
Prompt his own healing factor.

TP
Swept right through psionic bafflers and Sinister mental’s defenses.
Defeated another psi character of his level with ease.
Plucked and manifested the thoughts of the X-Men/Avengers.
Swept through the Mind Blocks of 12 telepaths combined.
Swept through the entire city, to locate the same telepaths while they attempted to hid their presence.
Merged a fragmented mind across realities.
Reformed the fragmented mind of Hybrid (another Psi character).
Planetary astral projection.
Applied a mind fuk, on a Herald Class character.

Thats all I can think of ATM.

Last edited by "Id" on Jul 6th, 2009 at 08:01 PM

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 07:59 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by Digi
...exactly. Again, great character from a story standpoint. But not for vs. stuff, especially with the needless hype he gets.

No one really hypes him to High Herald. Only question if said character can survive, a barrage of TK/TP/Psi attack.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 08:14 PM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

nate can take them all out relatively easy the real problem come when its warlock up to bat, depending on his mental defenses and his own TK/magic use. no matter how you switch things around it will always end up being nate and adam being the last one standing while everyone else gets taken out in the first few seconds.

i probably give it to warlock due to magic use.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 08:32 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

warlock sort of uses pseudo-magic from what i've seen, so it really hard to tell how effective that would be.

and id--why couldn't he simply time freeze them all ftw? i would think his shields would last long enough for him to try some of his more exotic powers. based on some of the feats you listed, it seems he would handle mags pretty easily.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 08:39 PM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah, i forgot about the high end time manipulation that nate can accomplish what do the askani call it? "stepping in between the moment"

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 08:44 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

warlock sort of uses pseudo-magic from what i've seen, so it really hard to tell how effective that would be.

and id--why couldn't he simply time freeze them all ftw? i would think his shields would last long enough for him to try some of his more exotic powers. based on some of the feats you listed, it seems he would handle mags pretty easily.

Magneto would sound god-like too if I listed out everything he can do/all his feats.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 08:49 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote