KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » "who is smarter?" contest

Who's the biggest brain?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Reed 8 42.11%
Tony 1 5.26%
Bruce 3 15.79%
Lex 1 5.26%
Doom 4 21.05%
Parker 1 5.26%
Beast 0 0%
Squirrel girl pwna all 1 5.26%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

"who is smarter?" contest
Started by: SamZED

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SamZED

"who is smarter?" contest

1) Reed Richards vs Bruce Wayne
2) Tony Stark vs Bruce Wayne
3) Reed Richards vs Tony Stark
4) Reed Richards vs Doom
5) Doom vs Bruce Wayne
6) Doom vs Tony Stark
7) Reed Richards vs Lex Luthor
8) Lex Luthor vs Bruce Wayne
9) Lex Luthor vs Doom
10) Tony Stark vs Lex Luthor

And for the heck of it
11) Beast vs Parker

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2009 06:54 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 5th, 2009 07:07 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Why?

It's just chess.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Oct 5th, 2009 07:10 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Priest

Reed wins 1-11

Old Post Oct 5th, 2009 07:11 PM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
Why?

It's just chess.
because it shows that in some intellectual areas [mainly tactics/strategy] reed can be beaten.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2009 07:12 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Why?

It's just chess.

In Marvel it seems it can help you quit drinking...

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Oct 5th, 2009 07:13 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Galan007
because it shows that in some intellectual areas [mainly tactics/strategy] reed can be beaten.
Ok, except chess isn't completely analogous to real world tactics and strategy.

Pretty much just shows Tony is better at chess.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2009 07:15 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Merlyn
Order Of...

reed.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2009 07:16 PM
Merlyn is currently offline Click here to Send Merlyn a Private Message Find more posts by Merlyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Depends in what?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2009 07:18 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Ok, except chess isn't completely analogous to real world tactics and strategy.

Pretty much just shows Tony is better at chess.
it can be looked at a few ways.

however, i believe it was made to represent the fact that tony is tactically smarter than reed. i think he's proven that much over the years as well. stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 5th, 2009 07:18 PM
SamZED

Reed beat Doom at chess didnt he? Tony beat him sooo by the brilliant A>B>C logic that makes Tony>Doom?
When it comes to chess guys like Reed and Tony should be able to see MANY moves ahead, so imo any one of them losing is either bad writing or just one of them wasnt focused enough.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2009 08:18 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by SamZED
Reed beat Doom at chess didnt he? Tony beat him sooo by the brilliant A>B>C logic that makes Tony>Doom?
When it comes to chess guys like Reed and Tony should be able to see MANY moves ahead, so imo any one of them losing is either bad writing or just one of them wasnt focused enough.
Which was pretty much my point.

Reed has beaten Doom in chess, but Doom has shown himself to be tactically superior to Reed and Tony.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2009 08:28 PM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

It could also just be that the conversation in regards to the tech investigation distracted Reed while Tony stayed focused on the Chess/battle strategy. Reed's surprise at the end kind of lends to that. His one track mind at times has caused him issues. Plus Tony only mentions checks on two boards during their entire convo meanwhile gaining an advantage on all 5 boards, even the board Reed had checked.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Oct 5th, 2009 08:40 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Reed wins his battles. His smarts creates a way to talk to god. Only his mind was able to supply the alien being with enough info to write the entire universe

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Oct 6th, 2009 03:18 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Reed isn't the smartest guy in all areas but using that logic...
Spiderman rewrote the tech on the spideyarmor therefore showing himself greater than Tony
Tony hacked into cloc to mindscrew with sentry saying at the time that reed had never been good with software

spiderman also found a vaccine that could slow the zombie virus... Something reed couldn't do...
Spiderman wins.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Oct 6th, 2009 03:22 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Well, Spiderman is second only to Doom.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2009 04:26 AM
Badabing
Karen

I've always considered Bruce, Lex, Stark and Reed to be peers. They are smart in several different areas.

Parker has brains but never gets to show them off much. He has recently shown stronger brain waves than Doc Ock and a self claimed IQ over 250.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...12#post12087412

Don't know enough about Beast and Doom except for obvious.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Oct 6th, 2009 04:36 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by illadelph12
It could also just be that the conversation in regards to the tech investigation distracted Reed while Tony stayed focused on the Chess/battle strategy. Reed's surprise at the end kind of lends to that. His one track mind at times has caused him issues. Plus Tony only mentions checks on two boards during their entire convo meanwhile gaining an advantage on all 5 boards, even the board Reed had checked.
i'm glad i'm not the only one who noticed that also.

stark's tactical genius as galan stated earlier is what helped him triumph.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2009 04:48 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

doc brown from back to the future is the smartest

Old Post Oct 6th, 2009 04:53 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

1) Reed Richards
2) Tony Stark vs Bruce Wayne = Split
3) Reed Richards
4) Reed Richards
5) Doom
6) Doom
7) Reed Richards
8) Lex Luthor
9) Doom
10) Tony Stark vs Lex Luthor = Split

Yep. I guess it would be like that.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2009 05:07 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote