KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thor in Warrior madness mode vs....

Thor in Warrior madness mode vs....
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

Thor in Warrior madness mode vs....

Thor goes berserk and is ready to drop anyone that comes his way. Who will stop him.

Gauntlet....

1. Wonder Woman
2. Superman
3. Beta Ray bill
4. Silver Surfer
5. Wonder Woman AND Superman (2nd time, refreshed, no lasso)
6. Beta Ray Bill AND Silver Surfer (2nd time, refreshed)
7. HP Doomsday
8. Gladiator/Hyperion/Power Girl
9. Thanos
10. Odin himself

Thor is refreshed after every battle. He's at 100%.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Last edited by carver9 on Feb 22nd, 2010 at 05:45 AM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 05:39 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

He gets stopped at #5 because Superman distracts him while Wonder Woman lassos him. Barring the lasso, he can get to #9.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 05:42 AM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Needless to say, Thor is going to freakin' wreck people. I'd say the lasso at #5 is probably the best shot anyone has of subduing him quickly, short of overpowering him (Thanos + Odin). Outside of that - and I think it would be dicey myself - he gets to Thanos.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 05:45 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Is this Blood and Thunder Thor, or legit Warrior Madness Thor? If it's the latter than anyone, yes even Thanos, who even gets anywhere near Thor's hands, or tries to engage him in a brawl or fight, gets utterly decimated and wrecked. Except Odin himself.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Feb 22nd, 2010 at 05:53 AM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 05:45 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Enyalus
He gets stopped at #5 because Superman distracts him while Wonder Woman lassos him. Barring the lasso, he can get to #9.

I hate the lasso so I took it out.

Doesnt make fights interesting.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 05:46 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Needless to say, Thor is going to freakin' wreck people. I'd say the lasso at #5 is probably the best shot anyone has of subduing him quickly, short of overpowering him (Thanos + Odin). Outside of that - and I think it would be dicey myself - he gets to Thanos.

The lasso is no longer there.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 05:46 AM
carver9

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Is this Blood and Thunder Thor, or legit Warrior Madness Thor? If it's the former than anyone, yes even Thanos, who even gets anywhere near Thor's hands, or tries to engage him in a brawl or fight, gets utterly decimated and wrecked. Except Odin himself.

Its the legit warrior madness thor and a lot of people is going to disagree with you on this but I'm the one to say, I agree.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 05:47 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by carver9
The lasso is no longer there.

Well, Thor shitstomps for the most part.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 05:47 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Is this Blood and Thunder Thor, or legit Warrior Madness Thor? If it's the former than anyone, yes even Thanos, who even gets anywhere near Thor's hands, or tries to engage him in a brawl or fight, gets utterly decimated and wrecked. Except Odin himself.

Nah, Blood and Thunder Thor minus the Power Gem still loses to Thanos. Best he could do was stalemate him with the Gem's help.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 05:48 AM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Nah, Blood and Thunder Thor minus the Power Gem still loses to Thanos. Best he could do was stalemate him with the Gem's help.

**** me. I meant the latter. ****ing heat cold. Living in Canada during winter ****ing sucks.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 05:51 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

There is no way on god's green Earth that Thanos is overpowering Thor, at all or even coming close here Jake. Not in the opinion of anyone whose ever read Thor's encounters with him (Assuming it's the true Warrior Madness incident.).

Thor stalemated him briefly in their earlier encounter. Even Masterson Thor has downed Thanos with a single hammer throw, was forcing him back with his punches, beaten him down to his knees and had him at his mercy.

Even in the Power Gem instance in Blood and Thunder, it was clearly stated that Thor would give Thanos a good fight, any other day or something along those lines.

Thanos is maybe 50% stronger than Thor. No more. I never understood why people have this notion that Thanos has owned Thor in their encounters physically. Never understood it at all. That's the Hulk and Drax.

The one instance might be the dog piling incident, and if I'm thinking of the correct one, Thor might have just been standing there in that one.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 05:53 AM
Starscream M

Is this Blood and Thunder Thor, or legit Warrior Madness Thor? If it's the latter than anyone, yes even Thanos, who even gets anywhere near Thor's hands, or tries to engage him in a brawl or fight, gets utterly decimated and wrecked. Except Odin himself.
thor doesn't get any speed or reaction boosts in warrior madness, so superman's speed is still just as viable a advantage as ever

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 05:59 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Starscream M
thor doesn't get any speed or reaction boosts in warrior madness, so superman's speed is still just as viable a advantage as ever

Unless Superman is not in his normal mindset, chances are he first tries and slug it out. Biggest mistake off his life.

In the 4th fight, he is more than likely to use it as it is a second fight. But to what end? With Thor's reaction times, and omni directional attacks which he is more likely to use instead of simply direct energy blasts in this mindset in my opinion makes it useless.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 06:04 AM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Rage, correct me if I'm wrong, but even in true Warriors Madness he had trouble putting down HIM physically.

We can all agree that HIM is beneath Thanos in pretty much every way that matters in a fight, yes?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 06:10 AM
Harbinger
Firestorm

6 or 9.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 06:13 AM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Re: Thor in Warrior madness mode vs....

Originally posted by carver9
Thor goes berserk and is ready to drop anyone that comes his way. Who will stop him.

Gauntlet....

1. Wonder Woman
2. Superman
3. Beta Ray bill
4. Silver Surfer
5. Wonder Woman AND Superman (2nd time, refreshed, no lasso)
6. Beta Ray Bill AND Silver Surfer (2nd time, refreshed)
7. HP Doomsday
8. Gladiator/Hyperion/Power Girl
9. Thanos
10. Odin himself

Thor is refreshed after every battle. He's at 100%.

This list is ass backwards. Superman and WW are far tougher foes than BRB and Thanos.

Thor loses to 1. everytime. If you put Superman at 1. then Thor still loses to 1. everytime.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 06:22 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Re: Re: Thor in Warrior madness mode vs....

Originally posted by h1a8
This list is ass backwards. Superman and WW are far tougher foes than BRB and Thanos.

Thor loses to 1. everytime. If you put Superman at 1. then Thor still loses to 1. everytime.

The funny thing is you're probably dead serious.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 06:25 AM
dmills
Centurion Prime

What's the difference between "true" WM Thor and the blood and thunder version? I wasn't aware there was one.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 06:29 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harbinger
Firestorm

Re: Re: Thor in Warrior madness mode vs....

Originally posted by h1a8

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 06:51 AM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Rage, correct me if I'm wrong, but even in true Warriors Madness he had trouble putting down HIM physically.

We can all agree that HIM is beneath Thanos in pretty much every way that matters in a fight, yes?

Yea, Thor was in true Warrior Madness during that fight after the big reveal. He beat the utter shit out of him and had won in the fist fight after like 3 punches only but yea, it took way too long to put him down. Even a page or two is too long.

I don't think he has any showings of strength besides his original fight with Thor. It's been a long time since I've read those books and correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't HIM revamped into Adam Warlock in Marvel's Premiere #1 right after his fight with Thor?

One major thing to take into account was back then, Warrior Madness was simply Thor going berserk as I understood it at least. It wasn't until Thor #502 in 1996 where the Berserker's Rage (It was referred to as that and not the Warrior's Madness.) was actually stated to amp Thor's strength nearly that much. I don't recall any other instance other than Bill's Thor draws strength from the Madness statement to indicate any amp at all.

Even in Blood and Thunder, when Sif thought Thor was under Warrior Madness, she specifically told Zeus, it was a malady of the mind.

This also justifies why Thor has stated things such as Zeus went into a Berserker's Rage when he attacked the Avenger's. The arc Zeus was crazy with blood lust and revenge for what he thought was the beating of Hercules as a result of the Avengers.

In their first fight, it isn't really fair to Thor to state that he was amped 10x as it wasn't until much later on that it was even suggested that Warrior Madness gave any sort of amp and it wasn't until years after that it stated that there was a 10x increase (Unless I've not come across or forgotten an instance.).

You could choose to ignore it, but that's something I believe is a big factor to consider.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Feb 22nd, 2010 at 07:09 AM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 06:58 AM