KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Flash vs. The Runner

Flash vs. The Runner
Started by: Black bolt z

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Flash vs. The Runner

Both the fast or near-fastest characters in their comic.

Who would win in
A:a fight
B:a race

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 11:16 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
galactusischere
Apocalypse..begins!

Runner
Runner

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 11:17 PM
galactusischere is currently offline Click here to Send galactusischere a Private Message Find more posts by galactusischere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harbinger
Firestorm

Runner stomps in both. Zoom is a better matchup, IMO.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 11:18 PM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

In a fight, The Runner.

In a race, depends which Flash. Barry Allen smoking Superman semi-recently was very impressive. Plus Runner and Makkari already lost a race to a tribute version of Barry Allen.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 11:19 PM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Runner.
Runner Vs DC Hermes(who made a complete fool out of flash) would be better

I have returned

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 11:19 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Enyalus
In a fight, The Runner.

In a race, depends which Flash. Barry Allen smoking Superman semi-recently was very impressive. Plus Runner and Makkari already lost a race to a tribute version of Barry Allen.
Didn't he leave and not actually beat the both of them before the race finished?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 11:22 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Desaad

In a fight, the Runner. He's ALMOST as fast, but with much higher stats. Speed tricks would be fun and give Wally a fighting chance, but unless he's in Anti-Monitor busting mode he ain't gonna win.

In a race, the Flash. He's simply faster.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 11:47 PM
Desaad is currently offline Click here to Send Desaad a Private Message Find more posts by Desaad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by quanchi112
Didn't he leave and not actually beat the both of them before the race finished?

Yeah, Runner was erm...disqualified I think.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 11:47 PM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Desaad

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Runner.
Runner Vs DC Hermes(who made a complete fool out of flash) would be better

DC Hermes faced the Flash when he was much, much slower. It wasn't until Waid got ahold of him, had him go through the Return of Barry Allen and all his speed force revelations that he really started kicking it up.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 11:48 PM
Desaad is currently offline Click here to Send Desaad a Private Message Find more posts by Desaad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Desaad

Yeah, Runner was erm...disqualified I think.

Not exactly. Buried Alien (Barry Allen) was winning the race, had pulled ahead of both Makkari and the Runner, but saw that another contestant was trying to hurt Makkari and instead of going for the win disabled the guy. By the time he was done, it was too late to hope to win.

Makkari eventually won that race by tapping into the Grosembeek method, which allowed him to achieve lightspeed or so (according to the narration), which allowed him to pull ahead of the Runner.

Runner explained that the problem with the method was that once one employed it, one couldn't slow back down to normal speeds. Buried Alien and Makkari went off to find a way to get him back to normal.

Most of that appears to have been ignored/retconned, as Makkari was back in Gaiman's Eternals mini, and then the ongoing series that followed it.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 11:51 PM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Yeah. Makkari 'became light' or something like that...Grunwald's writing was always weird and stupid.

But thanks. I didn't go back to look at it before answering. thumb up

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 11:56 PM
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

I don't want to seem unrelated but can someone tell me how to make a custom avatar?I got so tired of not having a custom i just selected a premade one.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 12:02 AM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Desaad

Yeah. Makkari 'became light' or something like that...Grunwald's writing was always weird and stupid.

I really, really liked Gruenwald's writing actually. His Quasar series sort of lost it towards the end (and the Starblast crossover was awful), but he put out a lot of great stuff, and "Cosmos In Collision" remains, in my eyes, one of the best cosmic epics Marvel has ever done (and far better than its more popular contemporary, Infinity Gauntlet).

quote:
But thanks. I didn't go back to look at it before answering. thumb up

No worries, my pleasure.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 12:06 AM
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Desaad
DC Hermes faced the Flash when he was much, much slower. It wasn't until Waid got ahold of him, had him go through the Return of Barry Allen and all his speed force revelations that he really started kicking it up.
have they had a second encounter?

I have returned

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 12:12 AM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Desaad

Not to the best of my knowledge, not since Wally started increasing his speed again.

Of course Hermes has borderline reality manipulating abilities and is a god, so I'm not going to say that Flash would win in a fight. Just that, speed wise, I'd imagine that Flash is at least as fast these days.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 12:18 AM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Exactly. I mean, Wally couldn't go past light speed until Zero Hour. His race against Hermes means pretty much nothing.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 12:19 AM
Desaad

I think at the time of the fight he was limited to maybe 2 or 3 times the speed of sound. That's what it was after Crisis on Infinite Earths anyway.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 12:20 AM
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

bump?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2010 09:30 PM
Lord Feron

Runner in Both.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2010 09:54 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Runner would outpower and outrun Flash

Old Post Jun 18th, 2010 11:07 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote