KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Takion vs Thor

Takion vs Thor
Started by: Omega Vision

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Takion vs Thor

Who wins?

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 01:42 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Takion.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 01:42 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Takion would have nightmares against Thor considering that he's made of energy. Plus Takion's frightfully low durability.

Thor takes it.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 01:44 AM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
galactusischere
Apocalypse..begins!

The Mighty Thor due to absorbtion.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 01:45 AM
galactusischere is currently offline Click here to Send galactusischere a Private Message Find more posts by galactusischere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Enyalus
Takion would have nightmares against Thor considering that he's made of energy. Plus Takion's frightfully low durability.

Thor takes it.

You honestly think Mjolnir could absorb a Source Elemental?

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 01:48 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Thor wins.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 01:56 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by Omega Vision
You honestly think Mjolnir could absorb a Source Elemental?

Yeah. The Source is...energy. Others being have absorbed portions of it before. See Ares, for example.

Mjolnir can absorb pretty much any kind of energy there is. Bad matchup is all.

(And I once argued for Takion to beat Monarch, so...)

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 01:57 AM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Yeah. The Source is...energy. Others being have absorbed portions of it before. See Ares, for example.

Mjolnir can absorb pretty much any kind of energy there is. Bad matchup is all.

(And I once argued for Takion to beat Monarch, so...)

Thor=/=Ares

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 02:02 AM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Thor=/=Ares

Mjolnir's energy absorption abilities > Ares'.

Besides, I gave you one example. There've been others.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 02:02 AM
Senor Cage

Takion won't let that happen. Captain Atom can do the same and he had a hard time against Takion.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 02:04 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Mjolnir's energy absorption abilities > Ares'.

Besides, I gave you one example. There've been others.
People seem to confuse the source with takion anyways.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 02:04 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by Prep-Man
Takion won't let that happen. Captain Atom can do the same and he had a hard time against Takion.

For a reason. Because his connection to The Source was messing with Captain Atom's abilities. And The Flash's. And Kyle's.

Won't be the case here.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 02:05 AM
Omega Vision

For a reason. Because his connection to The Source was messing with Captain Atom's abilities. And The Flash's. And Kyle's.

Won't be the case here.

Why not?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 02:09 AM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Why not?

Because unlike Oan energy, and the Speed Force, and Captain Atom's abilities, Mjolnir's abilities have nothing to do with The Source?

That's just too easy. C'mon.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 02:10 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Because unlike Oan energy, and the Speed Force, and Captain Atom's abilities, Mjolnir's abilities have nothing to do with The Source?

I agree he can't do so when the power source is completely different.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 02:11 AM
Omega Vision

We assume a shared universe for all encounters yes? If that's the case wouldn't the Source have sway over Mjolnir? If it can influence all those disparate powers (which are arguably on a higher level than Mjolnir) why can't it control the Odin Force in Mjolnir?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 02:17 AM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

We assume a shared universe for all encounters yes? If that's the case wouldn't the Source have sway over Mjolnir? If it can influence all those disparate powers (which are arguably on a higher level than Mjolnir) why can't it control the Odin Force in Mjolnir?

By that same token, if we assume a shared universe LIKE you're suggesting, then the Source wouldn't be the ultimate expression of energy in the universe and the source of all energy, etc, etc...because you'd have to bring Marvel's ultimate source of energy into play. And thus you still wouldn't have Takion being able to manipulate Mjolnir's properties.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 02:19 AM
quanchi112
Disney

By that same token, if we assume a shared universe LIKE you're suggesting, then the Source wouldn't be the ultimate expression of energy in the universe and the source of all energy, etc, etc...because you'd have to bring Marvel's ultimate source of energy into play. And thus you still wouldn't have Takion being able to manipulate Mjolnir's properties.
Exactly. Both retain their powersets and both are in effect but you can't rewrite Thor's source as the source. I cannot believe any one would suggest such a thing.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 02:22 AM
Omega Vision

Horrible logic up there. The Presence is more powerful than the Source but that doesn't preclude the Source influencing things in the Presence's Creation. Source is a higher form of power than the Odin Force therefore it should have influence assuming a shared universe.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 02:25 AM
darthgoober

Does that mean you think Thor has would have complete control over Captain Marvel's/Black Adam's lightning?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 02:27 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote