KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Magic vs Cosmic vs Alien

Magic vs Cosmic vs Alien
Started by: Warlord

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Warlord
Yes, I am...

Magic vs Cosmic vs Alien

Magic:
Thor
Diana
Captain Marvel

Cosmic:
Surfer
Hal Jordan
Firestorm

Alien:
Superman
Gladiator
Martian Manhunter

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 03:37 PM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Survivor19

Cosmic utterly decimates alien via weakness exploitation
Then firestorm transmutes magic into salt

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 03:43 PM
Survivor19 is currently offline Click here to Send Survivor19 a Private Message Find more posts by Survivor19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I think all of team Magic is transmutation resistant to some extent. Diana's top foe is the best transmuter in DC, and Marvel's body is a magic construct that's snapped back after literally being turned inside out.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 03:45 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

It comes down to Magic and Cosmic, imo.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 03:46 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99
I think all of team Magic is transmutation resistant to some extent. Diana's top foe is the best transmuter in DC, and Marvel's body is a magic construct that's snapped back after literally being turned inside out.

I also think Thor has resisted matter manipulation on occasion, to say nothing of Mjolnir being a sound defense against pretty much everything.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 03:48 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

Originally posted by Q99

after al Firestorm transmutes inorganic matter if I remember correctly (or at least let's use this version)

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 03:48 PM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Cosmic looks like the best option out of the three.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 05:06 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Warlord
after al Firestorm transmutes inorganic matter if I remember correctly (or at least let's use this version)

Jason can do living matter (but rarely does), Ronnie can't.

But like I said, it shouldn't matter.

---

Team Magic is my bet out of the three.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 05:10 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Team Cosmic FTW.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 05:11 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harbinger
Firestorm

Surfer, Hal, and Firestorm win.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 05:36 PM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Cosmic Baby!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 06:36 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

In this scenario....
Everybody beats superman...
I edge team magic though

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 07:52 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Originally posted by Q99
Diana's top foe is the best transmuter in DC

I didn't know Cheetah was a transmuter

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 11:14 PM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Originally posted by Q99

But Circe is magic. Is Diana resistant to matter manipulationm in general or just resistant to magic?

Anyway, cosmics should win this. There a few superpowers they don't have. They can turn the air arround them into adamantium boxes. Thor is the only one with the versatility for this fight and he usually doesn't use it.

Last edited by 753 on Feb 24th, 2010 at 12:48 AM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 12:46 AM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by K Von Doom
I didn't know Cheetah was a transmuter

Depends on the era of writing. Her main three villains are Ares, Cheetah, and Circe, with each one occassionally being shifted to "archfoe" status.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 12:48 AM
Q99

And Circe is more powerful than Cheets in any case, I was just thinking 'most powerful foe' (and I forgot completely about Ares).

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 12:50 AM
Slaanesh
The forces of Chaos

team cosmic

Last edited by Slaanesh on Feb 24th, 2010 at 01:17 AM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 01:06 AM
Slaanesh is currently offline Click here to Send Slaanesh a Private Message Find more posts by Slaanesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Hmm, down to Team Magic and Team Cosmic. Team Cosmic is more versatile and has more options but Team Magic has Thor and his pretty versatile and his own right, plus the most powerful on the field.

I'd edge it out to Cosmic if they use their powers effectively and smart. If not, Magic edges it out. Too physically superior.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 01:16 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Hmm, down to Team Magic and Team Cosmic. Team Cosmic is more versatile and has more options but Team Magic has Thor and his pretty versatile and his own right, plus the most powerful on the field.

I'd edge it out to Cosmic if they use their powers effectively and smart. If not, Magic edges it out. Too physically superior.

I dont really see him as being more all around more powerfull than SS. Besides, he's pretty much the only one in his team who's got the juice for this fight. They'll gang up on him.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 01:22 AM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Well I do. Norrin even agrees with me (But those are just words.).

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 01:26 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote