KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Ares vs. Thor

Ares vs. Thor
Started by: Original Smurph

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smurph
------

Ares vs. Thor

Marvel Ares.

For the match, assume that the enchantment on Mjolnir has been altered. Now Ares, who is in possession of the hammer, is fully capable of wielding it and Thor is no longer worthy.

Ares also has a shield and his axe. He is as versatile in the use of the hammer as BRB is with Stormbreaker.

They fight in the Grand Canyon.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 12:56 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Does Thor not have his Mjolnir? Also is he wielding his axe with his teeth or is his shield on his back?

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 01:01 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Correct. Thor loses it, Ares gains it.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 01:01 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Ares wins then. Thor is still tough without Mjolnir but not tough enough to beat Ares with Mjolnir.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 01:02 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slaanesh
The forces of Chaos

Ares win

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 01:07 AM
Slaanesh is currently offline Click here to Send Slaanesh a Private Message Find more posts by Slaanesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Ares, after a hard fight.

I actually think Ares would use the hammer better than thor, he would be far more brutal with it.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 01:07 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

ares might be worthy though, he is war personified on every plane of existance.

I have returned

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 01:08 AM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

What does that have to do with being worthy?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 01:17 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nicamarvin
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
What does that have to do with being worthy?
you Shut up..! eek!

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 01:37 AM
nicamarvin is currently offline Click here to Send nicamarvin a Private Message Find more posts by nicamarvin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Thor wins.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 02:29 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Ares' best bet of winning would be battle field removal. The closest I've seen Thor breaking dimensional barriers was when flew from Asgard to Earth apparently the long way around, which is pretty impressive. It doesn't automatically mean he can come back from any dimension though.

If he goes into a fight with Thor, Thor is still pretty versatile and powerful without the hammer.

If Thor like abilities are stacked upon Ares' own abilities Ares wins. If not, Thor wins.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 03:14 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

beta ray was able to lift it without being transformed into thor, so ares should be the same way.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 03:30 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Well I guess the only way Ares could win is to gimp Thor to an extreme level.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 06:36 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
If Thor like abilities are stacked upon Ares' own abilities Ares wins.
They're not. He's just wielding the hammer.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 04:32 AM