KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Geoff Johns JSA Vs Grant Morrison's JLA

Geoff Johns JSA Vs Grant Morrison's JLA
Started by: Prep-Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Geoff Johns JSA Vs Grant Morrison's JLA

Mr. Terrific
Alan Scott
Captain Marvel
Black Adam
Dr. Fate (Hector)
Power Girl
Sandman
Atom Smasher
Jakeem Thunder
Hawkman
Hourman
Jay Garrick
Dr. Midnight
Hawkgirl
Stargirl
(please log in to view the image)

vs
Superman
Green Lantern
Wonder Woman
Batman
Orion
Big Barda
Zauriel
Steel
Flash
Huntress
Plastic Man
Martian Manhunter
Android Hourman
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 10:53 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Wonder Woman- Diana or Hippolyta?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 11:08 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Diana.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 11:09 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Ok.

It is a very good fight, and I'm having trouble deciding. The JLA has more powerhouses, but the JSA has the biggest one, though Jakeem is inexperienced, and more Meta level character who are useful too. Both have good teamwork as well.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 11:20 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

JLA if they can drop Jakeem and Fate quickly enough, which they should be capable of.

JLA 6-7/10

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 11:20 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99
Ok.

It is a very good fight, and I'm having trouble deciding. The JLA has more powerhouses, but the JSA has the biggest one, though Jakeem is inexperienced, and more Meta level character who are useful too. Both have good teamwork as well.

More? I wouldn't say that. JSA have:

Black Adam
Cap
Sentinel
Dr. Fate
Jakeem
Powergirl

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 11:25 AM
Q99

Originally posted by Prep-Man
More? I wouldn't say that. JSA have:

Black Adam
Cap
Sentinel
Dr. Fate
Jakeem
Powergirl

On the flip side, the JLA has:
Superman
Green Lantern
Wonder Woman
Orion
Big Barda
Flash
Martian Manhunter
Android Hourman

6 to 8.

Whenever there's big team fights, I always count the herald and higher levels first to see if there's a notable disparity and if it's enough to be decisive.

The JSA having the strongest fighters on the field as well as some very useful metas and more total numbers, so they can compensate for two to a large extent.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 11:40 AM
Senor Cage

Let's not forget Sand. He may not be in some of those guys league, but I think he can compete with Barda.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 11:44 AM
Q99

Originally posted by Prep-Man
Let's not forget Sand. He may not be in some of those guys league, but I think he can compete with Barda.

Barda's pretty darn powerful.

Sand is one of the most useful High Metas on his team; there's several of the JLA's heralds he could likely hold off one-on-one, and he might be able to beat some of the JLA's heralds like Zauriel or Steel.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 11:46 AM
Solidus Black

Been trying to do some research on him. I never knew he was taht powerful. What can he do taht he can be even compared to Barda?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 02:17 PM
Solidus Black is currently offline Click here to Send Solidus Black a Private Message Find more posts by Solidus Black Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

He can make localized earthquakes powerful enough to drop Grundy on the spot, iirc.

This is a great match, imo, and JSA has a shit load of magic at their disposal. I think they can win this, imo.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 06:36 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Q99
Ok.

You're right. Thunderbolt is far and away the most powerful fella on the field.

However, he needs to a.) be summoned via saying "so cool", and b.) must be given a specific order to do anything and everything. That said, in the time it takes Jakeem to speak either of those, Flash could blitz him several times over.

...OR Hourman could pull this trick again:
http://img703.imageshack.us/i/1507.jpg/

Attacking Jakeem through various points in his timeline would warrant yet another definite win.

JLA win imo.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 08:16 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Desaad

How is the Android Hourman (Tyler) a member of Morrison's JLA? Dude was never a member of the JLA, just the JSA. He was a member of the Justice LEGION, of course, but the team he spent the most time with, and has had the most interactions with, has historically been the JSA (despite being introduced during Morrison's JLA run).

Thunderbolt is the most powerful but the most useless. It's nice that he can alter reality and destroy universes, but functionally Jakeem gets taken out all the god damn time, and immediately. In the hands of Mr. Terrific (an intellectual) or Ted Grant (indomitable will) it could be quite a weapon, but normally....

Yeah, I think the JLA take it. Just overall more capable as a team, especially the Grant Morrison version. JSA is definitely a better 'family', but I always felt like the JLA functioned like a really well oiled machine, that each of their members was sort of self sufficient, rather than needing overall instruction or help or coordination. Wally is better and faster than Jay, Alan is more powerful than Kyle at this stage of his development, Supes/Marvel is a push, Wonder Woman already took down Power Girl (despite being weaker in general, IMHO), Batman/Terrific is probably a push, Orion takes down Adam in a good one, Barda takes down Atom Smasher handily, Zauriel takes down Sand easily, Steel/Hawkman is a push, Huntress/Midnight could go either way (edge to midnight), Martian Manhunter vs Jakeem and Courtney goes to Manhunter IMHO, and then how Hourman/Fate goes really depends on which version of Fate and Hourman you're talking about. Tyler was omnipotent, obviously he wins at that level. He had his hour of power, and against a lot of versions of Fate he'd win, but not Hector towards the end of his run. Hector towards the beginning gets hosed, though.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 08:55 PM
Desaad is currently offline Click here to Send Desaad a Private Message Find more posts by Desaad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote