KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Midnighter vs Captain America

Midnighter vs Captain America
Started by: long pig

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Midnighter vs Captain America

1. H2H 2. Standard.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 12:26 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

MN.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 12:38 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Caps Conscience

Don't know much about MN, but he must be a bad ass. Still gotta go with Cap.

Using the Report function is Ghey.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 01:29 PM
Caps Conscience is currently offline Click here to Send Caps Conscience a Private Message Find more posts by Caps Conscience Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Cap.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 04:03 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daredevil1

I'm a pretty big Cap fan. But unfortunately Mid 6-7/10 I give Mids about the same odds of Logan vs Cap sad

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 04:09 PM
Daredevil1 is currently offline Click here to Send Daredevil1 a Private Message Find more posts by Daredevil1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

This would be an amazing fight but it is just difficult for me to see anyone beating Cap at a h2h match... the guy is a natural beast.

Cap 7 or 8/10

Cap skills is advanced to the level where he can go toe to toe with super humans and come out on top... high end super humans.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 04:14 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Daredevil1
I'm a pretty big Cap fan. But unfortunately Mid 6-7/10 I give Mids about the same odds of Logan vs Cap sad

Midnighter's healing factor isn't a tenth as powerful as Wolverines. Cap would have do problem putting Midnighter down for a 10 count, where as alternatively it would be next to impossible for him to do the same to Wolverine.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 04:15 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daredevil1

I agree Logan's healing is better but Mids has some sick healing feats in his own rights he was practically a shredded up jacket when this character used a scream attack on him and Mid's came back from it. Plus his durability soak damage is up there.

There's not many issues you'll be able to find of Mid's being KO'ed by a martial artist or non-enhanced guy even by via sneak attack. Cap would find it very much a problem to put Mids down for the count. Plus factor in that super-computer then I'd say he has advantages on Cap then visa versa. I give him the same odds as Logan but for different reasons.

Last edited by Daredevil1 on Apr 21st, 2011 at 04:45 PM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 04:31 PM
Daredevil1 is currently offline Click here to Send Daredevil1 a Private Message Find more posts by Daredevil1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Yeah Midnighter has better durability, he has been smoked by eighteen wheeler and been fine, but he has been downed with a broken neck. Something Cap could easily accomplish with precision striking, especially with his shield.

Midnighter's super computer has never given him a notable advantage over anyone other than fodder. It's like a less useful Spider Sense.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 04:47 PM
Daredevil1

Cap wouldn't break a mans neck for the norm unless after fighting a long time Mids then Steve realizes that this guy heals fast. Which by then it might be too late. Cap normally just goes for the KO or stun shot.

Its a bit easier for Mids to put down Cap then the other way around though. Mids advantage of healing, greater durability, hardly no KO's from guys in Cap's weight class....probably none at all that I can think of anyways. This makes it for a very difficult battle for the Captain. One that I see Mids taking the majority unfortunately.

His super computer I put it about the same level of the spider sense, DD's radar or BG's body reading. With them against Cannon fodder it seems to be very usefull as well.

Last edited by Daredevil1 on Apr 21st, 2011 at 05:07 PM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 05:02 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Don't forget per forum rules each fighter has basic knowledge of their opponent. Cap should be aware of Midnighter's power set before the fight starts and what he'll need to do to get a win.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 05:20 PM
Daredevil1

Basic knowledge only includes what the regular populace knows which he heals fast. Doesn't mean they know what level it is directly.

For example Cap once fought a superhuman she wore green and knew she was superhuman but still held back his shield strike for not knowing how much superhuman she is(Cap is just that cool for doing so.) It doesn't come with the direction of how much anyways.

Also who did break Mids neck out of curiosity anyways?

Last edited by Daredevil1 on Apr 21st, 2011 at 05:32 PM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 05:28 PM
Daredevil1

Also since were discussing Cap's option after realizing he can cut lose and break Mids neck.

Now think about all the options Mids has as well? Damaging Cap's legs, head, chest, neck. Doesn't even have to go for a KO just leave him helpless or hurt that he can't do to much because of the healing/durability difference. But knowing Mids he'll probably go for all lethal/violent attacks. Although to be fair Mids will come to realize that Cap is hard willed and a tough old bird to put down. But me thinks Mids also has a lot of options. Maybe even more so then Cap?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 05:53 PM
Deadline

I really don't see this fight lasting that long for Cap....

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 05:59 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

decent match, but the super soldier himself will outlast Mid

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 06:44 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Deadline
I really don't see this fight lasting that long for Cap....

really why not?

Zealot handle him fine, capt should have no trouble matching MN either.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 06:53 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daredevil1

Does anyone have a rough figure for Zealot superhuman strength?

I have always heard mixed things like Slade level(which is low) to Spiderman, but I've never really seen any real proof for it with actual references or strength feats?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 07:14 PM
Dum Dum Dugan

I have always heard mixed things like Slade level(which is low) to Spiderman, but I've never really seen any real proof for it with actual references or strength feats?

It not nearly as high as many like to pretend. She has pretty much no existent feats. She no stronger then capt unless proven other wise.

Thats because there is no proof. Like with most wildstorm character her powers get vastly exaggerated by certain posters.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 07:46 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

once cap loses the shield it's curtains

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 07:58 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Somewhere around Cap's level. Probably a little below it, based on feats though.

Spiderman is several leagues above her in strength.

Last edited by StyleTime on Apr 21st, 2011 at 08:09 PM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 08:07 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote