KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Odin vs. The Stranger

Odin vs. The Stranger
Started by: Endless Mike

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Odin vs. The Stranger

Has this been done yet?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 15th, 2011 04:27 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Stranger. He's had some low showings but whatever. He was the fourth face of the living tribunal FFS.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 15th, 2011 05:29 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Odin annihilates him.

Old Post May 15th, 2011 05:32 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

i give uatu the nod over odin

stranger imo>uatu

stranger wins here

thank u bz

Old Post May 15th, 2011 05:34 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thor likes boys hienies.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 15th, 2011 05:35 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

So what has Stranger done to justify him beating Odin? His best showing as far as I can tell is taking Thor out -a flash knock out or stun- for a few moments/seconds with a point blank sucker shot.

Old Post May 15th, 2011 05:40 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually, even though it hurts my argument, Thor has beaten Stranger before. That's how much I like Thor. I'll destroy my own arguments for the guy. big grin Stranger has some abstract feats, mainly because he's on that level. i.e being LT's fourth face. There is no hint that he lost any power when he left lt. But his best feats are pre 85. So make of it as you will.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 15th, 2011 05:57 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can't believe noone has commented on my avatar I made from scratch with ms paint.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 15th, 2011 06:03 AM
guy222
With my gal

in beyond, he admitted to battling the watchers

in the story, appeared to b more powerful than uatu

taking a blast from the infinity union said in the avengers storyline most powerful weapon in the multiverse

many will point out about the pluto incident....hence he knew wat would happen as he tricked pluto and the hulk

he's an enigma...very very powerful

he created ego...how and why not explained yet

thank u bz

Old Post May 15th, 2011 06:04 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig
Actually, even though it hurts my argument, Thor has beaten Stranger before. That's how much I like Thor. I'll destroy my own arguments for the guy. big grin Stranger has some abstract feats, mainly because he's on that level. i.e being LT's fourth face. There is no hint that he lost any power when he left lt. But his best feats are pre 85. So make of it as you will.

What issue are you referring to? He did have an encounter or two where he came an equal but I don't believe he has ever beaten him straight up. He did indirectly defeat him turning back time however.

What are some Abstract feats under his belt?

Old Post May 15th, 2011 06:05 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Read the post above yours for a couple. Creating ego is pretty good, too. As for when Thor beat him, what did you mean when you said Thor beat him with time manip? That may be the one I'm talking about. But, Stranger never went full on with Thor either. If he did, he'd win.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 15th, 2011 06:25 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

He became the fourth face of the Living Tribunal. Now what feats of Abstract power does he have?

True, he created Ego but there was huge context to that feat such as him needing equipment and specific items etc.

IIRC, they were battling it out and Thor reversed time which would was an indirect win I'd guess since he escaped the Stranger. It's been too long but I'm pretty sure they were going at it pretty seriously.

Old Post May 15th, 2011 06:45 AM
Utrigita

Has the comic with Ego, Counter Ego, Stranger, Collector etc. been concluded yet, or is it still ongoing? I admit I have lost track.

Old Post May 15th, 2011 11:32 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by Utrigita
Has the comic with Ego, Counter Ego, Stranger, Collector etc. been concluded yet, or is it still ongoing? I admit I have lost track.

Still going on, but I'm not sure it's canon, as according to that comic Ego's last known appearance was trapped in the black galaxy, but Ego was taken over by the Worldmind in the Nova series and later escaped

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 15th, 2011 05:26 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
He became the fourth face of the Living Tribunal. Now what feats of Abstract power does he have?

True, he created Ego but there was huge context to that feat such as him needing equipment and specific items etc.

IIRC, they were battling it out and Thor reversed time which would was an indirect win I'd guess since he escaped the Stranger. It's been too long but I'm pretty sure they were going at it pretty seriously.

What tier does Ego belong to?

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post May 15th, 2011 05:31 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

stranger is weird and has too many inconsistent showings. ss held his own against him. so did quasar. beyond was his best showing, imo. and lp i think you better check that 'fourth face of lt' thing again.... big grin

odin wins, based on more consistent feats imo.

Old Post May 15th, 2011 05:51 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

Odin wins, Stranger is overhyped.

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post May 15th, 2011 05:56 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

What is the Stranger's best showing besides the Thor sucker shot?

Originally posted by Omega Vision
What tier does Ego belong to?

He fluctuates. Back in the day, he was low-mid Abstract if a fed Galactus is a high Abstract I'd wager. At his lower showings, his around high trans or low Skyfather I'd wager.

Old Post May 15th, 2011 05:56 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
What is the Stranger's best showing besides the Thor sucker shot?
Legit blast you mean?

He did some pretty neat stuff in Beyond though. Pulled all the heroes together, pulled the planet together (IIRC).
Been a while since I read it though.

He also fought OMEGA LEVEL MUTANTS LIKE JEAN AND ICEMAN along with Juggernaut, if that counts.

Old Post May 15th, 2011 06:00 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Legit blast you mean?

He did some pretty neat stuff in Beyond though. Pulled all the heroes together, pulled the planet together (IIRC).
Been a while since I read it though.

He also fought OMEGA LEVEL MUTANTS LIKE JEAN AND ICEMAN along with Juggernaut, if that counts.

I'm pretty sure they were floating besides each other and discussing Ego, then the Stranger blasts him in the face. It wasn't from behind, but I'd wager it caught him by surprise. At least I wasn't expecting it.

All I recall is Iceman freezing his beams (Lol) and Juggernaut knocking him over. Everything else is a blur with moments of Drake's badassery sticking out.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on May 15th, 2011 at 06:08 PM

Old Post May 15th, 2011 06:05 PM