KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thor vs Nova Prime in space, without Mjolnir...

Thor vs Nova Prime in space, without Mjolnir...
Started by: dmills

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dmills
Centurion Prime

Thor vs Nova Prime in space, without Mjolnir...

Ok, at the request of Rage of Olympus, Nova Prime vs Thor... Battle takes place in outer space. Nova Prime is at full power. Thor doesn't have Mjolnir. No bfr. Who takes it?

I gotta see this.

Old Post May 16th, 2011 11:25 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

You sly bastard, you.

Old Post May 16th, 2011 11:26 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

no hammie, no way. nova will buttrape goldilocks

Old Post May 16th, 2011 11:27 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

What? Rider stomps. Thor can no longer block energy blasts, and Mjolnir helps his movement capabilities too.

Old Post May 16th, 2011 11:27 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Re: Thor vs Nova Prime in space, without Mjolnir...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dmills
Ok, at the request of Rage of Olympus, Nova Prime vs Thor... Battle takes place in outer space. Nova Prime is at full power. Thor doesn't have Mjolnir. No bfr. Who takes it?

I gotta see this.

Oh no u didn't...

Old Post May 16th, 2011 11:30 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daemon Seed
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thor also needs to breathe eventually.

Old Post May 16th, 2011 11:30 PM
Daemon Seed is currently offline Click here to Send Daemon Seed a Private Message Find more posts by Daemon Seed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

He could hold his breath for a very long time back in the day but I don't believe air is a concern currently for him anymore.

Originally posted by Q99
What? Rider stomps. Thor can no longer block energy blasts, and Mjolnir helps his movement capabilities too.

Thor doesn't need Mjolnir to withstand energy blasts from Nova Prime.

----------

Is Thor willing to use his energy based powers and more versatile capabilities? If so, he wins in a direct fight unless Nova Prime uses a Stargate or some such. No Mjolnir = No teleportation = Susceptibility to battle field removal.

Limited to being simply a brick who can't fly (It's not consistent across the board) Nova Prime has the energy output to wear him down eventually I guess, if he's intelligent enough to keep it at long range.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on May 16th, 2011 at 11:35 PM

Old Post May 16th, 2011 11:32 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daemon Seed
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
He could hold his breath for a very long time back in the day but I don't believe air is a concern currently for him anymore.

It's a shame if 'Whom the gods would destroy' has been retconned...

Fond memories.

Old Post May 16th, 2011 11:46 PM
Daemon Seed is currently offline Click here to Send Daemon Seed a Private Message Find more posts by Daemon Seed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

What part of that graphic novel supported the idea that Thor would eventually run out of air? If you're referring to the scene where Thor transforms into Blake, it is true, his mortal form will eventually run out of air but that doesn't reflect on the Thunder God.

Old Post May 16th, 2011 11:53 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daemon Seed
Restricted

Account Restricted

What part of that graphic novel supported the idea that Thor would eventually run out of air? If you're referring to the scene where Thor transforms into Blake, it is true, his mortal form will eventually run out of air but that doesn't reflect on the Thunder God.

Ha the cover ;-)

Nah, it kept being mentioned in those days he had to breathe.

Old Post May 17th, 2011 12:04 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Old Post May 17th, 2011 12:07 AM
Daemon Seed
Restricted

Account Restricted

What makes you think air is no longer a concern?

Old Post May 17th, 2011 12:14 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Daemon Seed
What makes you think air is no longer a concern?

It's one of those things that just happened I think. Somewhere down the line writers seemed to just assume he doesn't need air I guess. I'd wager it was somewhere around the late 80's. There's also this:
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums.../Thor/Noair.jpg

To be fair, it was written by Loeb.

On another note, I just noticed something I never have before in that fight. It's the blue cosmic like energy emanating from Rulk:
http://comicboards.com/app/image.ph...mp;fullsize=yes
http://comicboards.com/app/image.ph...mp;fullsize=yes

A hint for the future energy absorption reveal? At least a hint of something else being up.

I'd forgotten how much of a one sided beat down that was. It was almost...spiteful.

Old Post May 17th, 2011 01:15 AM
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Thor doesn't need Mjolnir to withstand energy blasts from Nova Prime.

----------

Is Thor willing to use his energy based powers and more versatile capabilities? If so, he wins in a direct fight unless Nova Prime uses a Stargate or some such. No Mjolnir = No teleportation = Susceptibility to battle field removal.

Limited to being simply a brick who can't fly (It's not consistent across the board) Nova Prime has the energy output to wear him down eventually I guess, if he's intelligent enough to keep it at long range.
Theres always a if isn't there?

Nova wins.

Old Post May 17th, 2011 01:37 AM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Nova 10/10

Old Post May 17th, 2011 01:41 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Nova wins despite rage's hopes and dreams.

Old Post May 17th, 2011 01:49 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Nova 10/10

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post May 17th, 2011 01:51 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gecko4lif

I really dont see nova beating him.

Old Post May 17th, 2011 01:53 AM
Gecko4lif is currently offline Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by Gecko4lif
I really dont see nova beating him.

Nova wins.

Old Post May 17th, 2011 02:16 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Nova 10/10

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 17th, 2011 03:26 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote