KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Where would you rank Harry Sikes?

Where would you rank Harry Sikes?
Started by: Mr.Mxyzptlk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bluddflagg

Where would you rank Harry Sikes?

For those of you unfamiliar with the character, Harry Sikes is a character who first debuted in Menace #3 back in May of 1953. He was a small time gangster who happened upon an Immortality serum before ending up trapped in a quicksand pit out of his own sheer stupidity. He's one of the select few characters who are actually dated to their original story frames and didn't even see the light of day for nearly 6 decades.

Now, I've made this thread to see where you folks rank him when it comes to Healing Factors. And to aid you in this exercise, I give you the below scans of his healing prowess. I apologize in advance for my crappy ability to make scans.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/...os/Sykes1-1.png
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/...os/Sikes2-1.png

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/...os/Sikes3-1.png
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/...os/Sikes4-1.png
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/...os/Sikes5-1.png

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/...ogos/Sikes6.png

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/...os/Sikes7-1.png

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/...os/Sikes8-1.png

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 03:41 AM
Bluddflagg is currently offline Click here to Send Bluddflagg a Private Message Find more posts by Bluddflagg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bluddflagg

Oh and I don't mean just ranked against Marvel, I mean comics in general.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 04:11 AM
Bluddflagg is currently offline Click here to Send Bluddflagg a Private Message Find more posts by Bluddflagg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bluddflagg

Anyone want to weigh in on this?

He was at least claimed to have a more powerful Healing Factor than Madcap, Suicide, Victor Slaughter, Scavenger, Goth, Yi Yang and Wolverine, but does anyone agree that these claims are sufficiently backed?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 05:10 PM
Bluddflagg

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
Anyone want to weigh in on this?

He was at least claimed to have a more powerful Healing Factor than Madcap, Suicide, Victor Slaughter, Scavenger, Goth, Yi Yang and Wolverine, but does anyone agree that these claims are sufficiently backed?

So, no contesting this statement then? Those who've viewed the thread agree his is better than the listed characters?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 11:59 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
So, no contesting this statement then? Those who've viewed the thread agree his is better than the listed characters?

Yes. A lack of responses is equivalent to agreement with you.

no expression

stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 12:01 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bluddflagg

laughing

So, have anything to throw in on the topic Digi?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 12:17 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

I have no idea who this guy is. That, plus a general apathy toward unknowns, is probably the chief cause of the lack of responses.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 03:39 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bluddflagg

Originally posted by Digi
I have no idea who this guy is. That, plus a general apathy toward unknowns, is probably the chief cause of the lack of responses.

He's a bit character from the literal 50s who only showed up for 6 issues of a Wolverine series and only rose above mentally handicapped chimpanzee in cognitive prowess in the last page of that 6th issue. No surprise no one knows him.

Be neat to see him end up as a Punisher villain though.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 03:45 AM
Bluddflagg

So, anyone going to at least disagree or agree that Harry Sikes' current healing feats are superior to Wolverine's, Madcap's, Suicide's, Scavenger's, Victor Slaughter's, Goth's and Yi Yang's?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 04:56 PM
Cogito

Sucks when you're interested in a character/feat but nobody else cares stick out tongue

For the record though, I have no idea who he is. Sorry buddy

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 05:00 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bluddflagg

Originally posted by Cogito
Sucks when you're interested in a character/feat but nobody else cares stick out tongue

For the record though, I have no idea who he is. Sorry buddy

Which is why I posted all his healing feats to date. xD

Well, minus any he may have had in the original Menace #3, but I didn't feel like looking for those.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 05:02 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Not enough feats. Seems like we have to believe Goth's statement is true, at least for now.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 05:04 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bluddflagg

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Not enough feats. Seems like we have to believe Goth's statement is true, at least for now.

Well, he did re-attach all his severed bits in...what, 3 relative panels? And his body was still moving sans a head. Then there's the fact that he healed 50 years worth of insanity and a completely destroyed personality in one panel. I'd think that's at least enough to gauge him somewhere.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 05:07 PM