KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman's "Minute or Less" Gauntlet

Superman's "Minute or Less" Gauntlet
Started by: Harbinger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Harbinger
Firestorm

Superman's "Minute or Less" Gauntlet

In this gauntlet, Superman is pitted against an opponent, with the stipulation that he must defeat said opponent in a minute or less. If he can, he moves on to the next one. If not, the gauntlet's over and Clark loses. To help with the time constraints:

- Superman will be fighting to the absolute best of his abilities. Superspeed, strength, ruthlessness, etc. This is "Dials to 11" Supes.

- Each fight will be begin with the opponents standing 1 mile from one another. Superman begins each battle with a blitz; if he knocks the opponent away, he will blitz to press his advantage. In turn, if Clark gets knocked away, he will immediately get up and blitz again to cover the distance.

However, Supes does not get rest between fights. Once an opponent is defeated, the next battle begins immediately. Each fight is to KO/death. No BFR.

How far does he get?

1. Ms. Marvel
2. Bleeding Edge Ironman
3. Blue Beetle (Jamie Reyes)
4. Binary
5. Wonder Woman (classic)
6. Beta Ray Bill
7. Firestorm (Ronnie)
8. Thor (Classic)
9. Silver Surfer
10. Classic Magus

Last edited by Harbinger on Jul 24th, 2011 at 05:41 PM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2011 05:36 PM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Stops at 5. He'd beat Diana for sure, but not under a minute.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2011 05:38 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

I'd actually say 4 for under a minute BB not to shabby on defense. But this is dependent on supes not trying to kill him as he's going all out. But if its for the kill makes it to 6 i think. Heatvision lobotomy would kill Diana.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2011 07:08 PM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Uriel005
I'd actually say 4 for under a minute BB not to shabby on defense. But this is dependent on supes not trying to kill him as he's going all out. But if its for the kill makes it to 6 i think. Heatvision lobotomy would kill Diana.

She does have bracers and some of the best reflexes around, though.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2011 07:15 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

he wont stop Binary

Old Post Jul 24th, 2011 07:16 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Uriel005

He's tried heatvisioning her face off. Didn't work.

And like Jake said, the bracers.

Last edited by Q99 on Jul 24th, 2011 at 07:19 PM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2011 07:16 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

6 sounds about right.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 24th, 2011 07:17 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i'd very much doubt he could beat diana in less than a minute.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2011 07:21 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

Originally posted by Q99
He's tried heatvisioning her face off. Didn't work.

And like Jake said, the bracers.
grapple in a fist fight. She doesn't have a 3rd arm last i checked and it will only take a bit if his heatvision boils her eyes and bores into her brain.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2011 07:22 PM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by leonidas
i'd very much doubt he could beat diana in less than a minute.
Planet-busting punch to the face + immediate HV lobotomy.

B*tch goes down.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2011 07:33 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

If he freezes an opponent and they remain frozen when the minute is up (even if they only got frozen a second ago and broke out a second later), does that count as winning?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jul 24th, 2011 07:34 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

what happens when he gets drained? and he aint blitzing noone whos arguably as fast

Old Post Jul 24th, 2011 08:02 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Galan007

B*tch goes down.

well, since you put it like that......

Old Post Jul 24th, 2011 08:03 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Originally posted by Sin I AM
he wont stop Binary

This. She's more than strong enough to last a minute vs Clark and heaven help him if she figures out he's solar powered, then it's lights out for the Man of Steel.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2011 08:08 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harbinger
Firestorm

Originally posted by Endless Mike
If he freezes an opponent and they remain frozen when the minute is up (even if they only got frozen a second ago and broke out a second later), does that count as winning?
KO/kill only.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2011 08:18 PM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by zopzop
This. She's more than strong enough to last a minute vs Clark and heaven help him if she figures out he's solar powered, then it's lights out for the Man of Steel.

my sentiments exactly....she's being downplayed she could tank his punch and immediately drain him

Old Post Jul 24th, 2011 09:02 PM
carver9

He stops at Binary and she MIGHT beat him. If he by any chance he gets past her, Diana stops him dead in his tracks. She faced this type of Superman WHILE HOLDING BACK and stalemated him. He isn't taking her out in less than a minute, even if he decides to hit her with moon busting strength.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 24th, 2011 09:37 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'm ignorant on Binary. What has she done that leads people to believe she could weather an all-out blitz from Superman?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2011 09:54 PM
Q99

Originally posted by Galan007

He's actually tried that, or close enough.

Sacrifice was all-out Superman and it took two and a half minutes and he didn't win.

quote:
Uriel005
grapple in a fist fight. She doesn't have a 3rd arm last i checked and it will only take a bit if his heatvision boils her eyes and bores into her brain.

Wow, that's almost exactly what he did in Sacrifice while trying to throw him into the sun. Didn't work then, though it did leave some nasty burns ^^

WW's a more skilled grapper than him, don't forget, so grabbing both arms is unlikely. Plus she can activate the Zeus's lightning power of her bracers even if he did, something he won't appreciate.

Don't forget knees and headbutting either.

Di is a melee-er, trying to deal with her in melee is perhaps not the best way to go about it smile

Old Post Jul 24th, 2011 10:00 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Q99
He's actually tried that, or close enough.

Sacrifice was all-out Superman and it took two and a half minutes and he didn't win.

Wow, that's almost exactly what he did in Sacrifice while trying to throw him into the sun. Didn't work then, though it did leave some nasty burns ^^

WW's a more skilled grapper than him, don't forget, so grabbing both arms is unlikely. Plus she can activate the Zeus's lightning power of her bracers even if he did, something he won't appreciate.

Don't forget knees and headbutting either.

Di is a melee-er, trying to deal with her in melee is perhaps not the best way to go about it smile

IMO, its debatable who could win out of Wondy and Supes. They are pretty much the same character with advantages that the other don't have.

By the way 99, you forgot to mention that Supes was amped during his rage scuffle against Wonder Woman. He isn't dropping her in less than a minute and its debatable who could win out of the 2 anyways.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 24th, 2011 10:08 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote