KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Iron Man vs. Superman

Iron Man vs. Superman
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Iron Man vs. Superman

We all agree - or should - that Superman gets the majority on Tony. But how hard does Tony make him work for it?

1st Scenario: Current Iron Man vs. Current Superman. Both characters are in their typical mindsets/personality. Neither character has any information on the other and the battle takes place in a populated New York City.

2nd Scenario: Iron Man vs. Superman. Both characters can draw upon their entire history of feats so long as they're canon. Both characters have common knowledge of the other.

3rd Scenario: Iron Man has access to any and all his armors he's ever used and gets 24 hours prep to devise a plan/attack method to beat Superman, barring high end artifacts such as the Infinity Gems. Superman is aware of the depth of Iron Man's intellect and resources, but does not actively prepare to face him.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 08:57 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Re: Iron Man vs. Superman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
3rd Scenario: Iron Man has access to any and all his armors he's ever used and gets 24 hours prep to devise a plan/attack method to beat Superman, barring high end artifacts such as the Infinity Gems. Superman is aware of the depth of Iron Man's intellect and resources, but does not actively prepare to face him.
Iron Man by BFR

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 09:03 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Superman wins the first one.
Ironman for the rest.

Good thread Jake.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 09:04 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperiorTech

Superman wins the first and the second loses the third.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 09:08 PM
SuperiorTech is currently offline Click here to Send SuperiorTech a Private Message Find more posts by SuperiorTech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

A full capacity Ironman is something serious. I don't think there is a power that he doesn't have and he would also have high Herald strength, nano second speed, shields, invisibility, spider sense, and high end energy output. If Toni fought smart, high end Toni, he could pull a majority. If he pull that trick that he did to Surfer, the fight is done.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 09:12 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by carver9
A full capacity Ironman is something serious. I don't think there is a power that he doesn't have and he would also have high Herald strength, nano second speed, shields, invisibility, spider sense, and high end energy output. If Toni fought smart, high end Toni, he could pull a majority. If he pull that trick that he did to Surfer, the fight is done.
Toni??? Does someone have a man-crush?

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 09:15 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

I can buy that Tony can BFR Superman in the 3rd scenario, but how do you suppose he's taking the second?

If Superman has his full history of feats, then he goes pre-crisis all over Tony's ass.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 09:17 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Badabing
Toni??? Does someone have a man-crush?

big grin That suit does look nice on him.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 09:18 PM
carver9

Originally posted by Cogito
I can buy that Tony can BFR Superman in the 3rd scenario, but how do you suppose he's taking the second?

If Superman has his full history of feats, then he goes pre-crisis all over Tony's ass.

True...forgot about that.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 09:19 PM
iceman24567

Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Superman wins the first and the second loses the third.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 09:20 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by carver9
big grin That suit does look nice on him.
laughing out loud

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 09:27 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Cogito

He has full history of feats that would be canon to him. So no on Pre-Crisis stuff.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 09:34 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

He has full history of feats that would be canon to him. So no on Pre-Crisis stuff.

With that said. Ironman wins the last 2.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 09:36 PM
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

I have a hard time believing that Iron Mans top feats trump the one's of post Crisis Superman.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 09:37 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Ok, confusing wording.

Still, Superman wins 1 & 2, maybe 3

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 09:42 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

How badly does Tony get beaten in the opinion of those voting for Kal?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 09:48 PM
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

In scenario 2? I honestly think he get shitblitzed and 1 shotted

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 10:04 PM
ODG

2nd Scenario: Iron Man vs. Superman. Both characters can draw upon their entire history of feats so long as they're canon. Both characters have common knowledge of the other.
I laffed. DC continuity is so bad nobody even cares anymore.

Think Brand New Day, except (i) it's company-wide every decade or so, (ii) it's done several times to DC's marquis characters on a regular basis, and (iii) efforts to resolve how that actually affects supporting casts are half-a$$ed.

I mean, show me someone who even knows how to explain current Krypto competently, let alone Hawkman, and I'll give you ten dollars.
First two = pretty badly. Tony's got a better shot in the first scenario than the second, frankly. Tony uses his Thorbuster or Excalibur armor to rape Superman horribly in the third scenario.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 10:05 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

IM would get stomped in the first two scenarios, specially the second one. he wins in the third

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 10:08 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I laffed. DC continuity is so bad nobody even cares anymore.

Think Brand New Day, except (i) it's company-wide every decade or so, (ii) it's done several times to DC's marquis characters on a regular basis, and (iii) efforts to resolve how that actually affects supporting casts are half-a$$ed.

I mean, show me someone who even knows how to explain current Krypto competently, let alone Hawkman, and I'll give you ten dollars.
First two = pretty badly. Tony's got a better shot in the first scenario than the second, frankly. Tony uses his Thorbuster or Excalibur armor to rape Superman horribly in the third scenario.

Lol, true, DC's continuity is pretty messed as is and before factoring in the new 52. To clarify, I meant everything that's canon for New Earth Superman, taking into account the stuff that did get retconned such as in Infinite Crisis and Secret Origin (both of which were penned by Geoff Johns...). DC's canon isn't difficult for me to follow so long as don't think about it too much. And Hawkman and Donna Troy are both two of the most phucked up characters to attempt to sort out, too.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 10:09 PM