KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Firestar vs The Human Tourch

Firestar vs The Human Tourch
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ozz81

Firestar vs The Human Tourch

Both at best who wins this and why?

Old Post Nov 29th, 2011 06:40 AM
ozz81 is currently offline Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sean724

Bump

Old Post Feb 25th, 2012 08:42 AM
sean724 is currently offline Click here to Send sean724 a Private Message Find more posts by sean724 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Johnny.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2012 02:09 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Johnny currently has the CCR. He wins this very easily.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2012 02:40 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Johnny probably. Or a stalemate. It's entirely possible they wouldn't be able to harm each other.

There was a DC Fire-something...Firebird? She ran with Cpt. Atom back in the 80's and 90's. Christ, I used her in a tourney once, how do I not remember this. Anyway, she had some pretty cool feats, and is probably the better of either of these.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
Johnny currently has the CCR. He wins this very easily.

Clearly not the thread starter's intent.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2012 03:06 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by Digi
how do I not remember this.
because you're getting old, dood. no expression

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Feb 26th, 2012 03:10 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Starscream M
because you're getting old, dood. no expression

To be fair, it was in delph's high meta tourney where we could switch our entire teams each round, and it was a giant 8-person round robin. I was bored and I love that tier, so I used about 30 characters over the course of the tourney, most for just a single match. Most fun I've ever had competing (though also somewhat exhausting with all the research).

Still, it's bugging me because I haven't been able to turn it up in searches. Oh well.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2012 03:31 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Aha! It was Firehawk, and my searches were turning up jack because it was Firestorm she ran with, not CA.
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Lorraine_R...%28New_Earth%29

Old Post Feb 26th, 2012 03:35 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Digi
To be fair, it was in delph's high meta tourney where we could switch our entire teams each round, and it was a giant 8-person round robin. I was bored and I love that tier, so I used about 30 characters over the course of the tourney, most for just a single match. Most fun I've ever had competing (though also somewhat exhausting with all the research).

Still, it's bugging me because I haven't been able to turn it up in searches. Oh well.

You think a new Tier system will ever be worked on again?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2012 03:46 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

HT, sans CCR, would lose to Firestar IMHO. They are both immune to heat and fire, but doesn't she manipulate radiation for her powers? What's to stop her from giving him radiation poisoning and killing him like that?

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2012 07:19 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Can firestar go nova? There is a limit to how much heat these 2 can absorb iirc.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2012 03:18 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Stoic
You think a new Tier system will ever be worked on again?

No. It failed at all of its original purposes and created a hotbed of name-calling controversy. It was closed for a reason. The people who could learn from it as a rough gauge of relative power levels - newer members or casual comic fans - didn't use it. And the hardcore fans, those who never needed it in the first place and knew enough to disagree with it on several points, nit-picked at it like it was the end-all list that HAD to be right.

The only half-decent thing it provided was some recognizable vocabulary for the forums (tiers were very nebulous before the labels currently used). People love their lists, so there's always a certain mystique to it. But outside helping to set levels for tourneys and categorizing new comic characters, the forums won't benefit from a new list any more than they do already. If it ever happens again, it will be after I'm gone from KMC.

Last edited by Digi on Feb 26th, 2012 at 07:35 PM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2012 06:14 PM