KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Mera & Aquaman Vs Namor & Namora

Mera & Aquaman Vs Namor & Namora
Started by: Prep-Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Mera & Aquaman Vs Namor & Namora

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 07:36 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

If Aquaman is allowed use all his powers, he and Mera win.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 07:40 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

thumb up

thank u bz

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 08:07 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
If Aquaman is allowed use all his powers, he and Mera win.

Was it agreed upon by both companies that although Namor could not resist it fully, that he could resist Arthur's powers partially due to his unique nature? If so the same would apply to Namora no?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 08:35 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Stoic
Was it agreed upon by both companies that although Namor could not resist it fully, that he could resist Arthur's powers partially due to his unique nature? If so the same would apply to Namora no?

Even if it was, why would that be canon?

Arthur's telepathy (both invasive and blunt attacks) have worked on beings as if not more powerful than Namor.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 08:36 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Even if it was, why would that be canon?

Arthur's telepathy (both invasive and blunt attacks) have worked on beings as if not more powerful than Namor.

You got me on that one. I'm just wondering why it didn't make Namor pass out, while the rest of the Atlantean's took a snooze? To me it was like both DC and marvel agreed or came to an agreement that Namor or those like him could somehow resist. Maybe it's within their mutant ability? All the same, if they aren't able to, I agree with your first post, but if not, i could see Namor's side pulling a few wins.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 08:41 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I dunno. I just generally don't look at crossovers as influencing anything like this.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 08:57 AM
Senor Cage

Mera has been a beast lately. Like what she did with that portion of the ocean.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 10:00 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Prep-Man
Mera has been a beast lately. Like what she did with that portion of the ocean.

That's one of her higher feats, but yeah, still very impressive.

What amuses me, though, is that this fight seems to be above water; considering the combatants.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Last edited by -Pr- on Dec 21st, 2011 at 11:54 AM

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 10:11 AM
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

I dunno. I just generally don't look at crossovers as influencing anything like this.

JLA/Avengers might be worth an exception. Marvel has mentioned it (obliquely so as to not touch DC trademarks) in guidebooks. DC went a step farther and actually had the Trinity mini-series follow up on events in JLA/Avengers (Krona and the cosmic egg).

More to the question at hand, I'll echo my sentiment from the Mera/Namora thread. If they just duke it out, Namor and Namora should win. However, Mera and Arthur have some other tools at their disposal that could carry the day if they're clever about it.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 12:24 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Laminator_X
JLA/Avengers might be worth an exception. Marvel has mentioned it (obliquely so as to not touch DC trademarks) in guidebooks. DC went a step farther and actually had the Trinity mini-series follow up on events in JLA/Avengers (Krona and the cosmic egg).

More to the question at hand, I'll echo my sentiment from the Mera/Namora thread. If they just duke it out, Namor and Namora should win. However, Mera and Arthur have some other tools at their disposal that could carry the day if they're clever about it.

It's not canon for Marvel, but it is for DC.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 12:34 PM
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

Didn't an Avengers guide mention their journey to a "Different Continuum" or the like?

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 12:40 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Not sure about that, but it's widely known that it's not in continuity. Marvel has said as much. It is in DC's continuity, though.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 12:45 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It was also mentioned in a Photon bio too, iirc. Either way, I wouldn't consider either to be canon for either company. If it can't be canon for both, I don't see how it can be canon for one over the other, because then Superman is fighting some facsimile of Thor, not Thor himself.

Anyway, in a physical battle, yeah, they're outmatched (though Arthur is going to tank a hell of a lot anyway based on past events), but when you bring in anything else, Arthur and Mera should take it imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 12:58 PM
basilisk

Originally posted by Prep-Man
Not sure about that, but it's widely known that it's not in continuity. Marvel has said as much. It is in DC's continuity, though.
Not anymore, I guess.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 02:39 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Mera and Aquaman.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 04:31 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote