KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Did Thanos defeat Thor with the PG?

Did Thanos defeat Thor with the PG?
Started by: KuRuPT Thanosi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KuRuPT Thanosi

Did Thanos defeat Thor with the PG?

I see some people calling it a stalemate...

I see others saying Thor was superior because it was just a matter of time before he won

Other say, going by forum rules, Thanos clearly and undisputably won.

Which is it?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 06:23 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

He incapacitated Thor using a device he happened to have on hand. So, yes, I'd count that as a win as Thor was out of action for more than a few minutes.

Obviously, without Thanos just happening to have that on hand (which to me was a plot device means of stopping Thor long enough for the story to progress) things would have been a lot different. But yes, by forum rules, I'd say that counts as a victory for Thanos as he incap'd Thor, who was unable to fight back.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 06:27 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sundipped
MURDERER

It will be a lot of people drop in on this. I say Thanos won via forceblock. cool
Woulda been a good fight if allowed to continue under normal circumstances.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 06:28 PM
Sundipped is currently offline Click here to Send Sundipped a Private Message Find more posts by Sundipped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Yes, Thanos won.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 07:09 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

yes it would have been a much better fight if he didnt use the weapon....but thanos would have just found another way to stop thor.

but yes thanos won

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 07:17 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

Yes, Thanos won.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 07:53 PM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

thanos just put a "pause" in the fight, his calculations said thor was going to become even too much for him to handle in a short amount of time so if you call that a win than well.....

thanos at least showed he was strong and durable enough to get slugged by thor in that condition, but let's not kid ourselves.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 08:05 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by psycho gundam
thanos just put a "pause" in the fight, his calculations said thor was going to become even too much for him to handle in a short amount of time so if you call that a win than well.....

thanos at least showed he was strong and durable enough to get slugged by thor in that condition, but let's not kid ourselves.

thumb up

In the very technical sense of the word, he did win if you want to count incapacitation as a victory per forum rules. Thor was out of action for more than a few minutes, so meh.

Obviously, without that handy gadget that just happened to be there, there would had been Mad Titan brains splattered all over the place.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 08:09 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

yeah, a "forum win".

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 08:14 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

No it was a draw

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 08:16 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
thumb up

In the very technical sense of the word, he did win if you want to count incapacitation as a victory per forum rules. Thor was out of action for more than a few minutes, so meh.

Obviously, without that handy gadget that just happened to be there, there would had been Mad Titan brains splattered all over the place.

Well it was easy enough for him to incorporate into his powerset in mere moments before going to talk to Odin.

Lets also remember it wasn't mere minutes... Thor was incapacitated for quite sometime... hours..

Lastly, lets not exaggerate here... Thor couldn't even break out of device Thanos was testing for hours... He didn't show any superiority over Thanos during their encounter. Sure, eventually he might have gotten too powerful for Thanos to handle....but that might have taken hours and hours to get to that point AND Thanos wouldn't just sit there at let that happen. Thanos is exponentionally more intelligent and way better at strategy.. so we would further have to assume Thanos wouldn't come up with anything else or have anything else lying around OR displace the gem from Thor. All things that are a bit of a stretch when we are talking about Thanos.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 08:32 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Well it was easy enough for him to incorporate into his powerset in mere moments before going to talk to Odin.

Lets also remember it wasn't mere minutes... Thor was incapacitated for quite sometime... hours..

Lastly, lets not exaggerate here... Thor couldn't even break out of device Thanos was testing for hours... He didn't show any superiority over Thanos during their encounter. Sure, eventually he might have gotten too powerful for Thanos to handle....but that might have taken hours and hours to get to that point AND Thanos wouldn't just sit there at let that happen. Thanos is exponentionally more intelligent and way better at strategy.. so we would further have to assume Thanos wouldn't come up with anything else or have anything else lying around OR displace the gem from Thor. All things that are a bit of a stretch when we are talking about Thanos.

I don't dispute that at all.

And you're right, which is what I said. Thor wasn't out of action for minutes. If he had been, I'd be less inclined to give him the win.

Had Thanos not stopped Thor with an experimental device which he just happened to have on him (which is the very definition of plot device), things wouldn't have fared well for him. Thanos himself conceded the point and while Thanos could have whipped out another ploy from nowhere, it's conjecture and speculation at best.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 08:39 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

I consider that a win for Thanos. So yeah, he did defeat Thor with PG.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 08:50 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Yep Thanos won, but I have to agree with Psycho, and Jake in terms of context. A win is a win though. Thanos is the man.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 09:04 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Thanos definitely won; using your own tech to secure a win is fair game...

I do, however, think it was rather PIS'ish that an insane, homicidal, Thor simply allowed Thanos to turn away from the battle and calmly walk off...

If I was Thor in that situation, Thanos would have been subjected to a full strength Mjolnir bash in the back of the head...bare minimum.

But anyway, Thanos won...

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 09:11 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Thanos definitely won; using your own tech to secure a win is fair game...

I do, however, think it was rather PIS'ish that an insane, homicidal, Thor simply allowed Thanos to turn away from the battle and calmly walk off...

If I was Thor in that situation, Thanos would have been subjected to a full strength Mjolnir bash in the back of the head...bare minimum.

But anyway, Thanos won...
What's one more hammer shot going to do ? Not much. Thor is also known for ranting and raving mid battle so it was completely in character. Thanos beat a character who walked through classic strange and company like they were street levelers.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 09:26 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Yes that would have been considered a forum win.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 09:30 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

by forum standards the win is indisputable. of course, with forum rules would come a standard dome and no access to any tech that is not/was not considered part of his standard gear (which the whole forceblock thing was NOT at the time). so sure he 'won'. would he have won had it been a TRUE standard forum match? that is very FAR from clear.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 09:32 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by quanchi112
What's one more hammer shot going to do ? Not much.

He already drew blood from him, so it would have done something, inaddition, he possibly could have damaged or destroyed the gun before Thanos could have used it against him if he had pressed the attack instead of just letting Thanos walk off; you can rant and ravage while beating on someone afterall...

So like I said, a homicidal Thor just letting Thanos casually walk away was PIS'ish...

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 10:24 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
He already drew blood from him, so it would have done something, inaddition, he possibly could have damaged or destroyed the gun before Thanos could have used it against him if he had pressed the attack instead of just letting Thanos walk off; you can rant and ravage while beating on someone afterall...

So like I said, a homicidal Thor just letting Thanos casually walk away was PIS'ish...
Yes, after all those attacks he just had a nosebleed so I repeat not much if anything at all.

Thor gave speeches the entire time he was homicidal it's what he does. I could say oh it's pis Thanos wasted his time even fighting him despite knowing he had the power gem. Thanos won and there's nothing you can do or say to change that. smile

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 10:27 PM