KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Reach Vs The Shiar Empire

The Reach Vs The Shiar Empire
Started by: Prep-Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

The Reach Vs The Shiar Empire

Which empire wins? Each race gets prep.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 09:43 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

With prep I'd say the Reach. The Shi-ar could match them in terms of ships and technological baseline imo. However the real battles would be fought on the ground where single Scarabs (with hosts of course) would pose threats to most shi-ar imperial guardsmen sans Glads.

I'd actually give the Kree a better chance against the Reach.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 11:33 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

The Reach have cool tech, overall above that of the Shi'ar, however they have far less worlds, iirc around 80, to the Shi'ar's 1,000.

I'd say the most likely outcome is the Reach lack the resources to expand much into Shi'ar territory, but have enough military power to make it too painful to take over.

Though if it was a real fight to the finish, Shi'ar win, despite a massive body count.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 11:50 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99 The Reach have cool tech, overall above that of the Shi'ar, however they have far less worlds, iirc around 80, to the Shi'ar's 1,000. I'd say the most likely outcome is the Reach lack the resources to expand much into Shi'ar territory, but have enough military power to make it too painful to take over. Though if it was a real fight to the finish, Shi'ar win, despite a massive body count.

when did they say theyh had 80 worlds? DcNu that is. and it seems the reach are higher than the green lantern corps.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2012 05:00 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

DCnU? I have no idea what they're like there, I can only speak of classic.

Pre-FP, they've got less power than the GL corps, but their weapons (or at least, those on the Infiltrators) can find weaknesses and they've got a lot of tricky tech, so they can hold their own against stronger foes pretty well.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 12:31 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by Prep-Man
when did they say theyh had 80 worlds? DcNu that is. and it seems the reach are higher than the green lantern corps.
Originally posted by Q99
DCnU? I have no idea what they're like there, I can only speak of classic.

Pre-FP, they've got less power than the GL corps, but their weapons (or at least, those on the Infiltrators) can find weaknesses and they've got a lot of tricky tech, so they can hold their own against stronger foes pretty well.

There going to be attempting to take over the planet of the Blue Lanterns soon.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 05:55 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

That's ambitious of them. Possibly doable- the Blues are the fewest in number and not so tough without someone to boost. Lost their Guardians too.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 06:08 AM
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by Q99
That's ambitious of them. Possibly doable- the Blues are the fewest in number and not so tough without someone to boost. Lost their Guardians too.

It's going to take place in Bedard's new guardians so I'm assuming they'll have some GL back up.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 06:12 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Shouldn't be much of a fight on paper. Even ignoring the vast difference in the size and scope of the forces, the Shi'ar could just use the Starcracker on the star of whatever system the Reach happen to be in... and then go about their day.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 07:19 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Shouldn't be much of a fight on paper. Even ignoring the vast difference in the size and scope of the forces, the Shi'ar could just use the Starcracker on the star of whatever system the Reach happen to be in... and then go about their day.

I'm sure they can just warp out to another star system.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 08:27 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Prep-Man
I'm sure they can just warp out to another star system.

Doubt they'd have the time unless the Shi'ar sent them a tweet warning them about what they were planning on doing. By the time the star went super nova it would be too late and the force of the explosion would tear everything to shreds.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 08:39 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I'm sure they have tech that can pick that type of stuff up. I think most advanced alien tech do. Dominitors for one had that. And if they blow the star sytem they are in, Shiar would die anyway. They're not into suicide last i checked.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 08:47 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

The Shi'ar have forethought on their side, they can stargate out of the system the moment the activate they implement the Starcracker. The Reach need to wait until they get the data, and then they need to react... and I fell like by then it will be too late do anything. Maybe some of them get away, but not enough to matter.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 08:56 PM
Senor Cage

Well, there is no BFR, just a intergalactic battle. Have they done something like this, anyway?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 08:59 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

The Shi'ar were going to use it on Gladiator's home world if he didn't carry out his orders, but he did so it never came up.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 09:16 PM
dmills
Centurion Prime

I don't even think anyone knows where the reach homeworld is located.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 09:41 PM
Senor Cage

Or exactly how many numbers they have. I'd take Reach for technology. I smell a Reach/GLC battle. big grin

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 09:59 PM