KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman, Thor vs Black Adam, Silver Surfer

Superman, Thor vs Black Adam, Silver Surfer
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

Superman, Thor vs Black Adam, Silver Surfer

CIS is most definitely on in this one, but there is a slight twist. All opponents will respond in kind to their dance mates. For example; If Black Adam becomes aggressive, his opponent/s will respond with equal aggression. This small rule goes for all on the field.

The Battle takes place on a planet of equal size, and atmosphere as the planet Earth.

How does this turn out?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 01:48 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

Very good matchup Stoic!

Hmm... I'm going to go with team 1 but just barely! I could honestly go either way here!

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 02:18 AM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dream Stuff

Surfer Solos if he wants to. Thor isn't fast enough and Superman gets blasted with a kryptonite radiation beam.

Giving Surfer such a good teammate just makes this 10/10.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 02:54 AM
Dream Stuff is currently offline Click here to Send Dream Stuff a Private Message Find more posts by Dream Stuff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dream Stuff
Surfer Solos if he wants to. Thor isn't fast enough and Superman gets blasted with a kryptonite radiation beam.

With CIS on Superman can almost take a split from Surfer. Superman definitely has the tools to seriously rock Surfer, make no mistake about that. Also, Surfer doesn't always use his speed in combat. Just look at all the times he's fought Thor. The reason I argue this way is the same reason that many argue against me that Superman is not going to always speedblitz or use his top fighting speed at the beginning of a fight.

IMO, this is a good fight and not a stomp in either direction. With CIS on Surfer sucks more than everyone here and team 1 is slightly favored.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 04:15 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Which is useless because that would be alternate kryptonite and wouldn't affect him.Superman beats the shit out of him in the fraction of a nanosecond.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 04:29 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 05:08 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Lol.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 05:13 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 06:15 AM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Re: Superman, Thor vs Black Adam, Silver Surfer

Originally posted by Stoic
For example; If Black Adam becomes aggressive, his opponent/s will respond with equal aggression. This small rule goes for all on the field.

Lol

BA is always aggressive. So, everyone on the field is aggressive.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 01:18 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

t1

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 01:39 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dream Stuff

Originally posted by abhilegend
Which is useless because that would be alternate kryptonite and wouldn't affect him.Superman beats the shit out of him in the fraction of a nanosecond.

Alternate kryptonite won't affect him because the radiation isn't exactly the same. Isn't that how it was once explained on panel? That doesn't matter to Surfer, who will just use his cosmic awareness to know the right radiation, then his power cosmic to manufacture it. He could do the same with red sun radiation or any of the variations of either that affect Kryptonians in bizarre ways.

Keep in mind, he has actually done this before to deal with a flying brick who has a specific weakness pretty clearly implied to represent Superman. That's why Supes is an especially bad match up.

So, it quickly becomes Surfer vs Thor. Which Surfer has to work for, but eventually wins more often than not.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 03:18 PM
Dream Stuff is currently offline Click here to Send Dream Stuff a Private Message Find more posts by Dream Stuff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dream Stuff

Originally posted by h1a8
[B]With CIS on Superman can almost take a split from Surfer.

No. In a fist fight, probably, so Surfer can't use his esoteric powers.

quote:
Also, Surfer doesn't always use his speed in combat.

That's PIS. not CIS. He's used it enough for us to know he can.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 03:27 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Alternate kryptonite won't affect him because the radiation isn't exactly the same. Isn't that how it was once explained on panel? That doesn't matter to Surfer, who will just use his cosmic awareness to know the right radiation, then his power cosmic to manufacture it. He could do the same with red sun radiation or any of the variations of either that affect Kryptonians in bizarre ways.

Keep in mind, he has actually done this before to deal with a flying brick who has a specific weakness pretty clearly implied to represent Superman. That's why Supes is an especially bad match up.

So, it quickly becomes Surfer vs Thor. Which Surfer has to work for, but eventually wins more often than not.

A statement isn't actually a feat. I can bring statement from superman himself that he can bench-press earth, its of no value. It doesn't work that way, either you're from the kryptonian's home reality or you're not. If it was just the case of finding the right frequency of kryptonite then Brainiac 5 wouldn't have to go to such lengths to stop SBP. Its a hypothetical stance with no on panel proof while all the info suggests that it wouldn't work. But hey its surfer, he can boast about knowing an unknown radiation frequency by unknown methods and he would just find out a radiation frequency from another universe with just the right quantum signature from 52 universes. There isn't any thing such as "right kryptonite" and its true since COIE.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 03:47 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

No. In a fist fight, probably, so Surfer can't use his esoteric powers.

That's PIS. not CIS. He's used it enough for us to know he can.

Tell me about these awesome combat feats from surfer, why don't you?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 03:48 PM
Dream Stuff

[B]A statement isn't actually a feat.

If that's how you want to play it, I concede. Red sun radiation works from any reality. Plus, Supes is powered by yellow sun radiation, which Surfer can just absorb right off him. Or Surfer BFRs him into a red sun. I'm not even being creative yet. This is all within the proven applications of his powerset. I love Superman, but all he can hope to do is punch.

Thor is a different story. Less raw power but no specific weaknesses and a magic hammer that protects him from Surfer's esoteric powers.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 04:12 PM
Dream Stuff

Tell me about these awesome combat feats from surfer, why don't you?

Which ones? I'll post a few things if you can be specific. But Surfer is used a lot on this board, so it would be kinder of you to just browse a respect thread or something.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 04:15 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

If that's how you want to play it, I concede. Red sun radiation works from any reality. Plus, Supes is powered by yellow sun radiation, which Surfer can just absorb right off him. Or Surfer BFRs him into a red sun. I'm not even being creative yet. This is all within the proven applications of his powerset. I love Superman, but all he can hope to do is punch.

Thor is a different story. Less raw power but no specific weaknesses and a magic hammer that protects him from Surfer's esoteric powers.

It doesn't, not in the open. Sun boy turned earth's sun into red sun, guess what? His powers returned as soon as the sun was turned yellow. Eradicator turned earth's sun red and tossed superman in it, twice. What happened, nothing of course. He escaped and defeated him under the red sun. There are multiple examples like them. Unless surfer can remove the yellow sun, its not happening. For power drainage he resisted blackstarr who was effecting time particles with her energy manipulation powers. He can resist surfer long enough to replenish his powers by sunlight. With CIS on surfer isn't going to do this on the fly anyway.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 04:21 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Which ones? I'll post a few things if you can be specific. But Surfer is used a lot on this board, so it would be kinder of you to just browse a respect thread or something.

I've browsed a lot of surfer threads. I haven't seen anything that particularly impresses me in combat speed department, he's fast but superman is faster.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 04:23 PM
quanchi112
Disney

It doesn't, not in the open. Sun boy turned earth's sun into red sun, guess what? His powers returned as soon as the sun was turned yellow. Eradicator turned earth's sun red and tossed superman in it, twice. What happened, nothing of course. He escaped and defeated him under the red sun. There are multiple examples like them. Unless surfer can remove the yellow sun, its not happening. For power drainage he resisted blackstarr who was effecting time particles with her energy manipulation powers. He can resist surfer long enough to replenish his powers by sunlight. With CIS on surfer isn't going to do this on the fly anyway.
Does Superman speedblitz here ?

Last edited by quanchi112 on Mar 27th, 2012 at 04:35 PM

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 04:28 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

Originally posted by JakeTheBank

Hahahahaha I just spit my protein shake all over the counter.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 04:33 PM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote