KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Classic 'Enemy Michael' Korvac and full power tyrant Vs. A Celestial

Classic 'Enemy Michael' Korvac and full power tyrant Vs. A Celestial
Started by: Major Disaster

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Major Disaster
Restricted

Account Restricted

Classic 'Enemy Michael' Korvac and full power tyrant Vs. A Celestial

This is not as stupid as some might think, Classic 'Enemy Michael' Korvac considered he would win in an open war against Odin and the Skyfathers, Mephisto and other cosmics.....

(please log in to view the image)

We know Thor can damage Celestials and indeed has... Thor and the Avengers were toyed with by Korvac

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-image...9godblast3.jpg/

Full Power Tyrant seemed to do better against Galactus than Celestials do?

Can the team beat a Celestial do they need to be a team,could either do it alone?

Last edited by Major Disaster on Mar 29th, 2012 at 02:44 AM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2012 02:32 AM
Major Disaster is currently offline Click here to Send Major Disaster a Private Message Find more posts by Major Disaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Major Disaster
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Classic 'Enemy Michael' Korvac and full power tyrant Vs. A Celestial

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Major Disaster
This is not as stupid as some might think, Classic 'Enemy Michael' Korvac considered he would win in an open war against Odin and the Skyfathers, Mephisto and other cosmics.....

We know Thor can damage Celestials and indeed has... Thor and the Avengers were toyed with by Korvac

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-image...9godblast3.jpg/

Full Power Tyrant seemed to do better against Galactus than Celestials do?

Can the team beat a Celestial do they need to be a team,could either do it alone?

This is a great thread! It requires answering!

Old Post Mar 29th, 2012 11:44 PM
Major Disaster is currently offline Click here to Send Major Disaster a Private Message Find more posts by Major Disaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Who did "Classic" Korvac ever beat in a fight that was noteworthy? I think he beat an Elder of the Universe, the Collector (before the Collector even did anything interesting). And he beat the East and West Coast Avengers. That's something Thanos is capable of.

So Team 1's big gun is FP Tyrant.

Also since you posted a pic from Thor 300, I'm assuming you mean the Celestials when they were at the height of their power.

IMHO Team loses vs a Celestial.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2012 11:55 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Major Disaster
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by zopzop
Who did "Classic" Korvac ever beat in a fight that was noteworthy? I think he beat an Elder of the Universe, the Collector (before the Collector even did anything interesting). And he beat the East and West Coast Avengers. That's something Thanos is capable of.

So Team 1's big gun is FP Tyrant.

Also since you posted a pic from Thor 300, I'm assuming you mean the Celestials when they were at the height of their power.

IMHO Team loses vs a Celestial.

You see one could say the same of a Celestial, who above Skyfather and the Cubes who do not impress have they ever beat.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 12:03 AM
zopzop
The Weeknd

You see one could say the same of a Celestial, who above Skyfather and the Cubes who do not impress have they ever beat.

Cube Beings and Classic Skyfathers > Collector or East/West Coast Avengers by FAR.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 12:30 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Major Disaster
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cube Beings and Classic Skyfathers > Collector or East/West Coast Avengers by FAR.

Hmmm, you see Korvac has never really been defeated though his power being unequal to the task.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 12:32 AM
zopzop
The Weeknd

Hmmm, you see Korvac has never really been defeated though his power being unequal to the task.

True, too bad the only beings he had gone up against (to my knowledge) were High Heralds and below. Yes I know he beat/killed teh Collector but that was during a time in the Collector's career where he did nothing impressive.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 12:51 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

I thought Korvac became greater than Galactus though Zopzop?

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 12:57 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
I thought Korvac became greater than Galactus though Zopzop?

He never did. In fact, even in the What If "super version" of Korvac, he sought to AVOID Galactus at all costs.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 01:15 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

He never did. In fact, even in the What If "super version" of Korvac, he sought to AVOID Galactus at all costs.
Well, I couldn't find the post where you said Korvac/Tyrant were both greater than Galactus, but I did find this gem in a Tiamut vs DP Tyrant/Thanos/Void thread:
Thor -
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Sue -

Jean -

If these guys did that kind of damage, imagine what this team can do?

Team destroys him.
No offense LoM, but you are not being fair. You want to use ONE appearance decades ago and then discount every subsequent showing as PIS?

Maybe the Celestials have been massively written down since then? Since that issue that everyone keeps referencing what have they done on panel that was so stupendous? Fling 3-4 worlds at Thanos during the IG saga? Odin busts GALAXIES. Necrom with a sliver of the PF destroyed an entire solar system. What have they done? Who have they defeated?

What changed?

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 01:30 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Well, I couldn't find the post where you said Korvac/Tyrant were both greater than Galactus, but I did find this gem in a Tiamut vs DP Tyrant/Thanos/Void thread:

What changed?

quote:

Thor 300 was before the retarded "hyperspace" weakness (and the ridiculous Thor 387-389 which had him doing MORE damage to a Celestial more powerful than Arishem than three skyfathers did).

And PS when did I claim Korvac > Galactus? I know I've said and will say Tyrant even DP Tyrant > Galactus.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 01:38 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

I always interpreted as Thor just breaking their physical shells but since Celestials are abstract/cosmic beings that really didn't hurt them at all, the damage was only superficial

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 01:41 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Thor 300 was before the retarded "hyperspace" weakness (and the ridiculous Thor 387-389 which had him doing MORE damage to a Celestial more powerful than Arishem than three skyfathers did).

And PS when did I claim Korvac > Galactus? I know I've said and will say Tyrant even DP Tyrant > Galactus.
One issue character debating ftw. **** character development, I want these guys when they barely had any feats. thumb up

Here's you claiming Korvac and Tyrant are above Tiamut
a) I don't use What If's, since I learned that they don't count as showings on this forum.

b) We don't know HOW Tyrant lost to Galactus. We were never shown, it just said he did. Since that encounter, Galactus was in FEAR of Tryant and lost in their final showdown.

c) Korvac was said to be able to absorb power from ANY source and he appeared to have no upper limit. Running away from the UN was the only way he lost. What has Tiamut done ON PANEL that makes you believe he's superior to God Korvac or Tyrant?

Oh, and here's you saying Korvac is greater than Galactus:
Fraction of knowledge from his tech created Korvac
etc
Another case of the creation being greater than the creator (first was Tyrant). Again nothing to be proud of.

And here's you shitting on Thor 300
What's the point of those OLD Celestial scans from Thor 300? Everyone has seen them. Show the scans of them repeatedly firing at Thor and not only is Thor still alive but fully conscious. That was a low showing for the skyfathers, three of them struck with enough force to knock a world from it's orbit?! LOL Odin by himself is a confirmed galaxy buster (and yes there is on panel proof).

I've shown you more recent scans of IW (a high meta character) busting a hole through Exitar's armor then KILLING him. Celestials have a hyperspace weakness. I've shown you scans of a high herald busting a hole in Exitar's armor then crushing his skull (which was said to be even sturdier than his outer shell) without exploiting ANY weakness. I've shown you a high herald/low trans character, Jean with a sliver of the PF, blow Arshiem's hand CLEAN OFF, then the he and the other Celestials departed the planet and didn't pass judgement his stump still smoldering.

In the very same issue where Tyrant didn't "one shot" those heralds, he PUNKED Galactus. Galacuts lied to the Surfer and claimed that he didnt' want to face Tyrant because of the collateral damage to the universe! laughing

PS, Didn't Tiamut "sucker punch" aka attack from behind Arshiem? Or am I misremembering?

Like I said, what changed?

Last edited by One Big Mob on Mar 30th, 2012 at 01:56 AM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 01:52 AM
zopzop
The Weeknd

One issue character debating ftw. **** character development, I want these guys when they barely had any feats. thumb up

Here's you claiming Korvac and Tyrant are above Tiamut

Oh, and here's you saying Korvac is greater than Galactus:

And here's you shitting on Thor 300

Like I said, what changed?

Like I said this is the Celestials in Thor 300, not the later showings like I mentioned with them being busted up by "hyperspace" attacks of the IW and Thor's crushing Exitar's skull and busting through his outer shell (something three skyfathers couldn't do). So that point is moot.

I was wrong about Korvac though, he never really faced off against anything greater than High Herald in 616 reality (I'm not counting the COllector because even though he's an "Elder of the Universe" we have like nothing impressive from him around that time).

So Team's biggest gun is Tyrant. Is that enough vs a Thor 300 Celestial? No.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 02:04 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Like I said this is the Celestials in Thor 300, not the later showings like I mentioned with them being busted up by "hyperspace" attacks of the IW and Thor's crushing Exitar's skull and busting through his outer shell (something three skyfathers couldn't do). So that point is moot.

I was wrong about Korvac though, he never really faced off against anything greater than High Herald in 616 reality (I'm not counting the COllector because even though he's an "Elder of the Universe" we have like nothing impressive from him around that time).

So Team's biggest gun is Tyrant. Is that enough vs a Thor 300 Celestial? No.
But this isn't Thor 300 Celestials. You aren't the thread started, and even if, you previously shit on Thor 300, and brought up Thor vs the Celestials and the "low" level the Skyfathers operated on.

Which is why I'm asking what changed? There hasn't been an influx of data, that's for sure. It's just you changing your previously "solid" argument because it doesn't fit the thread.

Also, the threadstarter posted scans of Thor's Godblast against Exitar which was after Thor 300, so really... the picking and choosing is horseshit anyway.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 02:23 AM
zopzop
The Weeknd

But this isn't Thor 300 Celestials. You aren't the thread started, and even if, you previously shit on Thor 300, and brought up Thor vs the Celestials and the "low" level the Skyfathers operated on.

Which is why I'm asking what changed? There hasn't been an influx of data, that's for sure. It's just you changing your previously "solid" argument because it doesn't fit the thread.

Also, the threadstarter posted scans of Thor's Godblast against Exitar which was after Thor 300, so really... the picking and choosing is horseshit anyway.

The Celestial picture he used was from Thor 300, that's why I said IF we are using them in this thread. If not, any being that can replicate a hyperspace attack like IW can has a chance to outright destroy them (the 616 versions at least).

What changed? I was wrong about Korvac for one and I explained why in this thread.

Regarding the "low showing" for the Skyfathers bit, that was taking into account the Celestials subsequent showings after Thor 300 (especially with THor doing MORE damage than his father and two of his peers did vs a Celestial). I even mentioned that in the post you quoted.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 02:29 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

The Celestial picture he used was from Thor 300, that's why I said IF we are using them in this thread. If not, any being that can replicate a hyperspace attack like IW can has a chance to outright destroy them (the 616 versions at least).

What changed? I was wrong about Korvac for one and I explained why in this thread.

Regarding the "low showing" for the Skyfathers bit, that was taking into account the Celestials subsequent showings after Thor 300 (especially with THor doing MORE damage than his father and two of his peers did vs a Celestial). I even mentioned that in the post you quoted.
And you blatantly ignored the rest of the post in favor of a picture and made up your own rules.
Read that opening post again and see how the threadstarter in no way means that this is Thor 300 Celestials.

No, that's not all. Every post I quoted is now wrong according to you. Not just the Korvac bit. What changed?

Way to boldfaced lie.

"What's the point of those OLD Celestial scans from Thor 300? Everyone has seen them. Show the scans of them repeatedly firing at Thor and not only is Thor still alive but fully conscious. That was a low showing for the skyfathers, three of them struck with enough force to knock a world from it's orbit?! LOL Odin by himself is a confirmed galaxy buster (and yes there is on panel proof)."

Your words not mine.

But since you can't acknowledge this without me pointing it out, allow me to spoonfeed you the details:
You used Thor doing more damage in the same issue to say it was a low feat for the Skyfathers.
You used the Skyfathers "only" using enough power to knock the planet when Odin is a "confirmed" galaxy buster.

Neither of these reasons has a dog ****ing a cat in the woods to do with how the Celestials were written later on.

I don't mean to be a total messy dick about this but I feel the need
Zopzop way of debating:
Pick the highest feat
Make up absurd logic as to why nothing else counts
Use this logic for a short period of time
Ignore many many points

Completely abandon your own logic and be the one arguing directly against it.
Use absurd logic of why this is not the case anymore
Did something come up to change it between then? No, but you don't like it anymore.
Ignore many many points

You have the capability to have coherant and fluid arguments that hold for a while (I mean, it's obvious you read quite a few comics anyway), but then out of nowhere your stache becomes trash, and your beard weird. Maybe you've a good point one day, and then the next you'll shit on it like no one else. Please get come consistency and open your mind a little

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 02:50 AM
zopzop
The Weeknd

And you blatantly ignored the rest of the post in favor of a picture and made up your own rules.
Read that opening post again and see how the threadstarter in no way means that this is Thor 300 Celestials.

No, that's not all. Every post I quoted is now wrong according to you. Not just the Korvac bit. What changed?

Way to boldfaced lie.

"What's the point of those OLD Celestial scans from Thor 300? Everyone has seen them. Show the scans of them repeatedly firing at Thor and not only is Thor still alive but fully conscious. That was a low showing for the skyfathers, three of them struck with enough force to knock a world from it's orbit?! LOL Odin by himself is a confirmed galaxy buster (and yes there is on panel proof)."

Your words not mine.

But since you can't acknowledge this without me pointing it out, allow me to spoonfeed you the details:
You used Thor doing more damage in the same issue to say it was a low feat for the Skyfathers.
You used the Skyfathers "only" using enough power to knock the planet when Odin is a "confirmed" galaxy buster.

Neither of these reasons has a dog ****ing a cat in the woods to do with how the Celestials were written later on.

I don't mean to be a total messy dick about this but I feel the need
Zopzop way of debating:
Pick the highest feat
Make up absurd logic as to why nothing else counts
Use this logic for a short period of time
Ignore many many points

Completely abandon your own logic and be the one arguing directly against it.
Use absurd logic of why this is not the case anymore
Did something come up to change it between then? No, but you don't like it anymore.
Ignore many many points

You have the capability to have coherant and fluid arguments that hold for a while (I mean, it's obvious you read quite a few comics anyway), but then out of nowhere your stache becomes trash, and your beard weird. Maybe you've have a good point one day, and then the next you'll shit on it like no one else. Please get come consistency and open your mind a little

First of all, if you don't like my posts, that's what the ignore button is for. Feel free to use it, supposedly you won't be missing anything.

Second of all, in my VERY FIRST POST, I said referring to the OP "Since you posted a pic from Thor 300, I'm assuming you mean the Celestials when they were at the height of their power."

Thirdly, the fact that the Celestials couldn't put down Thor after repeated attacks in Thor 300 (despite them SLAGGING the 2000ft Destroyer) and one-shotting the Uni-Mind could be explained away as "writer armor" or PIS.

Lastly, the three skyfathers combined attack only being able to "knock a world from it's orbit" despite the fact that Odin by himself is a galaxy buster is sad (the writer should have researched Odin's past feats and come up with something better). But he still got his point across : Three Skyfathers combined < Arishem (at least for that issue).

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 03:04 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

First of all, if you don't like my posts, that's what the ignore button is for. Feel free to use it, supposedly you won't be missing anything.

Second of all, in my VERY FIRST POST, I said referring to the OP "Since you posted a pic from Thor 300, I'm assuming you mean the Celestials when they were at the height of their power."

Thirdly, the fact that the Celestials couldn't put down Thor after repeated attacks in Thor 300 (despite them SLAGGING the 2000ft Destroyer) and one-shotting the Uni-Mind could be explained away as "writer armor" or PIS.

Lastly, the three skyfathers combined attack only being able to "knock a world from it's orbit" despite the fact that Odin by himself is a galaxy buster is sad (the writer should have researched Odin's past feats and come up with something better). But he still got his point across : Three Skyfathers combined < Arishem (at least for that issue).
I like reading your posts because I want to see how you change your argument... like this post is different than your previous ones.

I realize what you posted. But repeating what you said doesn't make you any less ignorant or blind. Posting a picture of something doesn't mean it's from that comic. Second the threadstarter didn't even mention a Celestial name. Third, the threadstarter's main point was that Celestials can be hurt and he posted a pic from way after Thor 300. Forth, you're not the threadstarter. Fifth that goes against the rules of the forum anyway since it's current. Sixth, just because the Celestials aren't fighting Skyfathers that doesn't mean that they're written down. You're judging them on their highest feat.
Also lol at you saying "IN MY VERY FIRST POST". If you can't keep consistent, then how do you expect people to keep consistent with your posts.

Oh I have no problem with you writing it off as PIS, however, what you're saying is that it was PIS in this story... but willingly dancing in the fact that shit like this has happened (not often) after this story.
Your logic is akin to saying that since Thor managed to chase off Galactus, that that's the version that should be in every thread, and he's clearly been written down since then.

Also you changed your argument, and not even from 2011 zopzop.
Low showing for the Skyfathers because Thor did more, and what the Celestials did afterwards
PIS feat for Thor
And Skyfather's power level was sad but it's obvious that they were below

Another funny thing is that I saw you bringing up the Skyfathers and Cube Beings fearing Celestials like today/yesterday.
Cube Beings fearing the Celestials comes after Phoenix blowing up Arishem's hand, and Thor vs Exitar.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 03:36 AM
zopzop
The Weeknd

I like reading your posts because I want to see how you change your argument... like this post is different than your previous ones.

Changing arguments is fine as long as they at least have basis in the comic.

Regarding the Thor example in Thor 300 you could say Thor showed excellent durability by being able to withstand multiple Celestial attacks and remain alive and conscious.

Or you can likewise say that Thor surviving multiple Celestial blasts is PIS or writer armor and then give an example of how in that very issue, the Celestials slagged the 2000ft Destroyer and one shotted the Uni-mind composed of every Eternal in Olympia.

quote:
I realize what you posted. But repeating what you said doesn't make you any less ignorant or blind. Posting a picture of something doesn't mean it's from that comic.

That's why I said "Also since you posted a pic from Thor 300, I'm assuming you mean the Celestials when they were at the height of their power. ", if he wasn't, then he wasn't and he can ignore my post.

quote:
Also you changed your argument, and not even from 2011 zopzop.
Low showing for the Skyfathers because Thor did more, and what the Celestials did afterwards
PIS feat for Thor
And Skyfather's power level was sad but it's obvious that they were below

Another funny thing is that I saw you bringing up the Skyfathers and Cube Beings fearing Celestials like today/yesterday.
Cube Beings fearing the Celestials comes after Phoenix blowing up Arishem's hand, and Thor vs Exitar.

And?

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 04:30 AM