KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Robotman vs The Thing

Robotman vs The Thing
Started by: Flyattractor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

Robotman vs The Thing

(please log in to view the image)[bvs]
(please log in to view the image)
2 big grumpy orange guys stuck in non-human bodies.
Who out oranges the other?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2012 05:36 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Isn't Robotman basically in the D-League when it comes to super strength/durability, while Thing is NBA?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2012 06:01 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I think its one of those Depends on who you ask type of things.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2012 06:07 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I guess I'll wait till a R-Man expert weighs in as the extent of my knowledge on him is from Brave and the Bold and Teen Titans cartoons.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2012 06:30 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Well in the Doom Patrol series I read he was maybe like class 10.

As a side note, one comic featured a parody of the FF with Cliff taking Ben's place

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Apr 5th, 2012 07:21 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

The two characters have a lot in common, as Doom Patrol was an X Men concept (outcast heroes) with a Fantastic Four (genius Chief/Reed, Cliff/Ben, Negative Man/Torch, Sue/Rita who had stretching powers) twist.
I think the New 52 version of Cliff would make a real go of this, but Ben would still take the majority.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2016 11:19 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Original SA Cliff was only class 10-20 and gets stomped.

If we're talki g from the post 2000 revival more like class 50-60. Still outdone but puts up a better fight.

I always thought that DP was more an FF take off than an xmen one.

Chief + Rita = mr fantastic (rita stretchy size changing etc)
Negativeman => torch (given he was also light speed speedster as well as blaster flyer)
Cliff < = ben (muscleman in a body he dispised)
Mento =/= invisible girl (in so far as tk = force field)

Old Post Feb 8th, 2016 12:36 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yeah, you got it covered, powers wise. The X Men part comes in the concept; there are some articles online about it. The FF angle often gets overlooked.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2016 01:07 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Yeah, you got it covered, powers wise. The X Men part comes in the concept; there are some articles online about it. The FF angle often gets overlooked.

Doom Patrol predate the X-Men IIRC.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2016 08:12 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Good Lord. Somebody got out the FrakenPost Machine.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2016 08:41 PM
riv6672

^^^i ran across this Googling pics, believe it or not!

Originally posted by Delta1938
Doom Patrol predate the X-Men IIRC.

Its iffy. There are articlrs, like i said. It was a matter of weeks either way as to how closely they had to be created to launch when they did. Pretty interesing.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2016 10:05 PM
Senor Cage

Thing shatters him into tiny pieces.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2016 10:06 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

^^^i ran across this Googling pics, believe it or not!

Its iffy. There are articlrs, like i said. It was a matter of weeks either way as to how closely they had to be created to launch when they did. Pretty interesing.

I wasn't saying the X-Men were ripping off Doom Patrol. I was pointing-out they came after, so "X-Men concept" thing is actually the other way around, even if the similarities were coincidental.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2016 10:14 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

The X Men being the more popular group, its usually referred to that way though.
I'm a huge DP fan, so i get what you're saying.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2016 10:32 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I loved Morrison's run on Doom Patrol, when I could wrap my head around what it was about.

Judging by that, Robotman was little more then a punching bag and meat shield. His role was to get knocked around while someone else saved the day, like Crazy Jane.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Feb 10th, 2016 at 10:47 PM

Old Post Feb 10th, 2016 10:42 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Thats always been his deal, yeah.
His New 52 body seems better made though.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2016 10:58 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Say, what was the deal between Niles Caulder and Will Magnus?

Will makes Robotman a new body, and I think it lasted all of 2 issues before Caulder criticised Magnus's work like he was some idiot, instead of a master of robotics. And then he built him a new one.

Thought it was kind of a strange moment, and wonder if there's a story behind it (Backstage bickering among writers, maybe?)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2016 12:01 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

That one was full of Nano-MITE!

Old Post Feb 11th, 2016 12:08 AM
riv6672

^^^ laughing out loud

Originally posted by cdtm
Say, what was the deal between Niles Caulder and Will Magnus?

Will makes Robotman a new body, and I think it lasted all of 2 issues before Caulder criticised Magnus's work like he was some idiot, instead of a master of robotics. And then he built him a new one.

Thought it was kind of a strange moment, and wonder if there's a story behind it (Backstage bickering among writers, maybe?)

Not sure. Back stage bickering makes as much sense as anything. Other than the color (i prefer orange) the Magnus body was one of Cliff's best.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2016 05:17 AM