KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thor vs Conan

Thor vs Conan
Started by: jalek moye

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Thor vs Conan

Feeling Thor has grown too soft as of late, Odin decides to make his son relearn what it means to be a warrior and hurls him back to the Hyborian Age to live a human life time among them. Stripped off his godly powers Thor is sent back through time and crashes into an ancient village, landing right in front of Conan and accidentally knocking his drink from his hand. Originally going to scoff it off and Thor quickly apologizes, Conan is quickly egged on by Red Sonja who goads him into attacking Thor.

1. Thor has a replica of Mjolnir made out of the same metal as Conan's sword

2. Hand to Hand fight

3. Can Thor steal Red Sonja away, without using violence.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 07:46 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Conan once cut a lion in half with a sword while doing a backflip IIRC.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 07:57 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
complexbrother
The protector of logic

I belive Thor would win this but he would need a lot of bed rest after.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 08:08 PM
complexbrother is currently offline Click here to Send complexbrother a Private Message Find more posts by complexbrother Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

They are too equal. I think however Conan is a bit stronger, and definitely more vicious.

So I'm leaning towards Conan.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 08:19 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Conan once beat an unusually large Silverback Gorilla in a test of strength, and wound up strangling the beast with his bare hands.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 11:31 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greysen93

Ganna have to go with Conan if Thor has no powers.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 08:48 PM
Greysen93 is currently offline Click here to Send Greysen93 a Private Message Find more posts by Greysen93 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Thor carved those zombie Disir valkerie bitches into pieces with a single rise of the blade!
(please log in to view the image)
And those girls were skilled enough to kill Lucifer's best demons for sport. Heck Lucifer even bargained those women to let Hela keep the Asgsardian afterlife inside Hell. And give Loki a new lease on life.

1. Thor.

2. Thor.

3. She would probably kick him in the head faster than Conan would do anything. Team Conan.

Last edited by the ninjak on Apr 21st, 2012 at 05:25 PM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2012 05:20 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by the ninjak
Thor carved those zombie Disir valkerie bitches into pieces with a single rise of the blade!
(please log in to view the image)
And those girls were skilled enough to kill Lucifer's best demons for sport. Heck Lucifer even bargained those women to let Hela keep the Asgsardian afterlife inside Hell. And give Loki a new lease on life.

1. Thor.

2. Thor.

3. She would probably kick him in the head faster than Conan would do anything. Team Conan.

Was Thor reduced to human stats in that scene? If not he would be slower, and his reflexes would be reduced to that of a humans. I'm thinking that Conan wins all of the above, and has taken it to demi gods and won all by himself, while of course being just a mortal.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2012 06:59 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greysen93

Originally posted by Stoic
Was Thor reduced to human stats in that scene? If not he would be slower, and his reflexes would be reduced to that of a humans. I'm thinking that Conan wins all of the above, and has taken it to demi gods and won all by himself, while of course being just a mortal.
Agree

Old Post Apr 21st, 2012 09:31 PM
Greysen93 is currently offline Click here to Send Greysen93 a Private Message Find more posts by Greysen93 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Depowered Thor is at least as strong as Conan.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2012 12:23 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Conan wtfstomps. Conan is far more skilled. Thor would struggle using Mjolnir for melee combat against a skilled swordsman like Conan.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2012 12:26 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Starscream M
Conan wtfstomps. Conan is far more skilled. Thor would struggle using Mjolnir for melee combat against a skilled swordsman like Conan.

Because Thor has never fought against skilled swordsmen?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2012 12:31 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by Silent Master
Because Thor has never fought against skilled swordsmen?
not often, and not as skilled as conan. also a hammer is not a good weapon against a sword.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2012 12:33 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

not often, and not as skilled as conan. also a hammer is not a good weapon against a sword.

Then Thor's skill level must be incredibly high, seeing as he beat several skilled swordsmen rather easily while depowered.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2012 12:42 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

I haven't seen Conan do anything that a depowered Thor hasn't matched or even exceeded. At his worst while stripped of his godly might, Thor had stats rivaling Captain America (A peak human like Conan) and at his best, he was clearly beyond anything considered human.

I haven't read the old school Marvel comics (Only the Darkhorse published ones, although they were also great, particularly Busiek's run. I'm gonna have to re-read them), but he better have some impressive showings to convince me he's stronger.

Fun fact, Conan and Thor had a fight back in the day:
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Thor was of course significantly depowered in this What-If.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2012 12:55 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Silent Master
Then Thor's skill level must be incredibly high, seeing as he beat several skilled swordsmen rather easily while depowered.

Thats what I was looking for. Good scans Rage.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2012 12:56 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

According to the scans posted, it seemed like Thor held the advantage for most of that encounter.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2012 12:59 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

he doesn't seem completely depowered no expression

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2012 01:01 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Untrue. I doubt Conan is a more skilled warrior than Thor who in his own right

Also, Mjolnir does just fine against swords:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/...chanGuards2.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/...chanGuards3.jpg

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/...botZomibes5.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/...botZomibes6.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/...botZomibes7.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/...botZomibes8.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/...botZomibes9.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/...otZomibes10.jpg

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Apr 22nd, 2012 at 01:08 AM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2012 01:02 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Ugh, 90s Thor.

Anyway, I don't see how Conan is significantly more skilled than Thor in the art of combat and war and I sure as hell don't see how he'd be more physically formidable than a depowered Thor, either.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2012 01:05 AM