KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Gamora W/Godslayer vs Wolverine

Gamora W/Godslayer vs Wolverine
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Gamora 15 68.18%
Wolverine 6 27.27%
Stalemate 1 4.55%
Total: 22 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gamora W/Godslayer vs Wolverine
Started by: Tony Stark

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

Gender: Male
Location: Stark Towers International

Gamora W/Godslayer vs Wolverine

Who of these two assassins is truly "The best at what they do"?
All PIS/CIS turned off.


__________________

Old Post May 1st, 2012 11:39 PM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Gender: Male
Location: United States, New Jersey

Godslayer's full potential and list of feats are needed, or it's simply a cool sounding blade.

One
Wolverine has a huge advantage over her, because his weapons are incapable of being jarred from his grasp unlike Gamora's blade.

Two
Wolverine's healing factor is several times greater than Gamora's

I would give Gamora a slight edge over Wolverine in terms of sheer fighting skill, but I just don't see this edge great enough for her to turn this into a non contest. Again if Wolverine tags her a few times she's going down from the wounds, while Wolverine has taken abuse capable of ripping his face off, and flaying large portions of flesh from his body.

Wolverine wins this if he decides to give in and go berserk on her.


__________________

Old Post May 1st, 2012 11:48 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi
Senior Member

Gender:
Location: United States

Gamora... By being better in virtually every area that matters...

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 03:46 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hyperion Prime
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Ohio Earth 616

gamora

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 03:55 PM
Hyperion Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Hyperion Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Hyperion Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Gender: Male
Location: Canada

Wolverine wins via having better speed, skill, durability and healing factor feats. Simple. Gamora is neither fast nor skilled enough to engage Wolverine in melee combat without getting hit, and her healing factor isn't good enough to take a hit from Wolverine and keep her in the fight. That's it. There aren't alternative opinions to this question, if you don't agree with that assessment then you haven't read enough comics featuring either of these characters to formulate a valid opinion and as such what you think doesn't matter.

God Slayer is a non issue, the only thing it has ever done is break on Thanos.


__________________


Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 04:31 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Gender: Male
Location: Retirement.

Gamora for the reason's Srank listed.


__________________


PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 04:38 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi
Senior Member

Gender:
Location: United States

More speed.. you jest? more skill... you jest even more... Srank I can't take you serious when you say stuff like this...

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 04:39 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Gender: Male
Location: Canada

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
More speed.. you jest? more skill... you jest even more... Srank I can't take you serious when you say stuff like this...


Gamora doesn't have a single speed feat of any note to her name. Literally. The closet thing she has to a speed feat was when she jumped at Ronan and there was some action lines trailing her... awesome? Skill? Again... Gamora has only fought one skilled character, it was Wolverine, and she didn't win. She pressure pointed The Thing... and then stated she couldn't have done it in a real fight if Sasquatch wasn't restraining him... and she agreed with Cyclop's assessment that she wasn't skilled enough to implement pressure points against him in combat either. Wolverine has wins over top ten martial arts, Gamora does not. Wolverine has successfully used pressure points in combat, against top 10 martial artists. I can back up why Wolverine (and every top 10 street level martial artists), all you can do is pretend like the notion is absurd... and hope that nobody notices there isn't any evidence that supports your claims. Other than you having a boner for Thanos, what makes Gamora faster or more skilled than Wolverine... because anyone who reads comics knows its not feats.

Read a comic.


__________________


Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 04:55 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

Gamora destroys him


__________________


Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 05:09 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi
Senior Member

Gender:
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Gamora doesn't have a single speed feat of any note to her name. Literally. The closet thing she has to a speed feat was when she jumped at Ronan and there was some action lines trailing her... awesome? Skill? Again... Gamora has only fought one skilled character, it was Wolverine, and she didn't win. She pressure pointed The Thing... and then stated she couldn't have done it in a real fight if Sasquatch wasn't restraining him... and she agreed with Cyclop's assessment that she wasn't skilled enough to implement pressure points against him in combat either. Wolverine has wins over top ten martial arts, Gamora does not. Wolverine has successfully used pressure points in combat, against top 10 martial artists. I can back up why Wolverine (and every top 10 street level martial artists), all you can do is pretend like the notion is absurd... and hope that nobody notices there isn't any evidence that supports your claims. Other than you having a boner for Thanos, what makes Gamora faster or more skilled than Wolverine... because anyone who reads comics knows its not feats.

Read a comic.


Let me guess... you view the narration about her to be total hyperbole and not the CANON narration that it is? Or are you some where in the middle when it comes to her skill? I need to know before we can proceed.

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 05:16 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Gender: Male
Location: Canada

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Let me guess... you view the narration about her to be total hyperbole and not the CANON narration that it is? Or are you some where in the middle when it comes to her skill? I need to know before we can proceed.


"The most dangerous women in the Universe" tagline is about as relevant and germane to this conversation as Wolverine being "the best there is at what he does." She hasn't done anything that would allow for the possibility of her beating Wolverine. Words are just words, and words aren't worth shit with out something concrete to back them up. Based on feats Gamora can not beat Wolverine. It's that simple.


__________________


Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 05:20 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi
Senior Member

Gender:
Location: United States

So you still didn't answer and just simply avoided the question.... What do you feel her skill level is... do you think it's a joke.. pretty good.. good... excellent.. WHERE EXACTLY DO YOU FALL?

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 05:30 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Gender: Male
Location: Canada

Middle of the road.


__________________


Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 05:39 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dream Stuff
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

Gamora has super speed, a healing factor, super strength, sufficient striking power to routinely send class 100+ bricks flying, sufficient skill to pressure point Thing unconscious (yes, he was held, but I'm referring more to the point of it bypassing durability), and sufficient durability to be completely unaffected by any of Wolvie's non-clawed attacks.

So, yeah, she takes it at least 8/10.


__________________

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 05:54 PM
Dream Stuff is currently offline Click here to Send Dream Stuff a Private Message Find more posts by Dream Stuff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Canada

Gamora wins this.
She fought toe-to-toe with Maxam and Ronan, one being a brick in the realm of Hercules, Drax, etc, but have actually skills, and the other being powerful as hell, and having the hability to launch ranged attacks.

She's way more stronger that Wolverine, probably more skilled too (didn't she beaten Mantis?), aguarbly faster too.


__________________

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 06:00 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Gender: Male
Location: Canada

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dream Stuff
Gamora has super speed, a healing factor, super strength, sufficient striking power to routinely send class 100+ bricks flying, sufficient skill to pressure point Thing unconscious (yes, he was held, but I'm referring more to the point of it bypassing durability), and sufficient durability to be completely unaffected by any of Wolvie's non-clawed attacks.

So, yeah, she takes it at least 8/10.


Cite a single Gamora speed feat. Just one.

Gamora is a moderately skilled, class 70... she lacks the skill or speed to engage Wolverine in melee combat without getting hit, and here healing factor and durablity aren't good enough for her to take a hit form Wolverine without being her effectiveness being significantly diminished.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Gamora wins this.
She fought toe-to-toe with Maxam and Ronan, one being a brick in the realm of Hercules, Drax, etc, but have actually skills, and the other being powerful as hell, and having the hability to launch ranged attacks.

She's way more stronger that Wolverine, probably more skilled too (didn't she beaten Mantis?), aguarbly faster too.


roll eyes (sarcastic)

Because - you know - Wolverine has never fought Hulk, Thor, or Herc level opponents before...

Gamora has never beaten Mantis.


__________________


Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Last edited by srankmissingnin on May 2nd, 2012 at 06:09 PM

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 06:06 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi
Senior Member

Gender:
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Middle of the road.


Is it your claim that a middle of the road combatant with class 70 strength (CONSIDERABLY MORE) than Wolverine... couldn't KO him? Is it your claim that class 70 strength isn't sufficient to put wolverine done for the count? I hope not considering he has been put down by less.

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 06:28 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Canada

quote: (post)
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Cite a single Gamora speed feat. Just one.

Gamora is a moderately skilled, class 70... she lacks the skill or speed to engage Wolverine in melee combat without getting hit, and here healing factor and durablity aren't good enough for her to take a hit form Wolverine without being her effectiveness being significantly diminished.



roll eyes (sarcastic)

Because - you know - Wolverine has never fought Hulk, Thor, or Herc level opponents before...

Gamora has never beaten Mantis.


Wolverine fought them, but he run into them, and relied on his healing factor, most of the time, to continue to fight.

On the other hands, Gamora fought his opponents, using mostly her skills. Big difference there. Her last, soundly defeats, came at the hands of Magus, which isn't a low showing at all.


__________________

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 06:41 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: B.F.K

Wolvie will win due to HF ONLY.
His skill is the most overrated in comics.


__________________
Banned 30 days for the Crime of "ETC"... and when I "ETC" I do it HARD!!!
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 06:57 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Wolvie will win due to HF ONLY.
His skill is the most overrated in comics.
Didnt Wolverine admit her HF was as good as his after he hit her with a sucker shotr?


__________________

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 06:58 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 03:16 AM.
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Gamora W/Godslayer vs Wolverine

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.