KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who in DC could lift Mjolnir

Who in DC could lift Mjolnir
Started by: Ledgic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ledgic

Who in DC could lift Mjolnir

Who in the DC Universe do you think would be able to lift Thor's hammer? For starters, I'd think Superman could.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 05:39 AM
Ledgic is currently offline Click here to Send Ledgic a Private Message Find more posts by Ledgic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Diana should be able to lift the hammer.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 7th, 2012 05:40 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ledgic
Who in the DC Universe do you think would be able to lift Thor's hammer? For starters, I'd think Superman could.
He already failed outside a really harry situation. Diana most likely could lift it not Superman.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 05:50 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ledgic

Alright. Who else? Aquaman? I mean he is a king and all.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 05:58 AM
Ledgic is currently offline Click here to Send Ledgic a Private Message Find more posts by Ledgic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Diana would probably be the most likely choice.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 05:59 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Wonder Woman

Superman and Aquaman have zero chance of lifting it.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 06:02 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

could billy do it?

Old Post May 7th, 2012 06:10 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I don't think so.

Just being a good person in of itself isn't enough to wield Mjolnir.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 06:13 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Yea, Billy's very much not a warrior at heart. I think he'd be like Superman- could do it temporarily in an emergency, but he wouldn't normally be able to.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 06:15 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

What are the requirements for lifting Mjolnir?

I remember various people doing it here and there, and Thor spouting about nobody being 'worthy', but I don't remember what criteria falls under 'worthiness'.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 06:17 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Existere

I remember various people doing it here and there, and Thor spouting about nobody being 'worthy', but I don't remember what criteria falls under 'worthiness'.

It's generally accepted that you need to be good and steadfast, a warrior at heart, and that sort of thing. An attitude similar to Thor's helps.

The ones who have qualified are Captain America, Beta Ray Bill, Eric Masterson, and that type.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 06:21 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperiorTech

Originally posted by Existere

This I have not seen anyone even from Marvel agree what it conclusively takes to lift that hammer.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 06:23 AM
SuperiorTech is currently offline Click here to Send SuperiorTech a Private Message Find more posts by SuperiorTech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Diana should be able to lift the hammer.
mjolnir is a hammer, not a frying pan.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 06:25 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Q99
It's generally accepted that you need to be good and steadfast, a warrior at heart, and that sort of thing. An attitude similar to Thor's helps.

The ones who have qualified are Captain America, Beta Ray Bill, Eric Masterson, and that type.

thumb up

Someone like Silver Surfer, a noble being who is a pacifist at heart cannot lift the hammer. Ben Grimm, a human being with one of the greatest hearts in comicdom (albeit flawed) also can't lift the hammer.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 06:34 AM
Flyattractor

Superman should be able too,cause he is a GOOD PERSON. Heck that jerk Thor can lift it,
And as for Diana/Wonder Woman. Would depend on which version of her.
The more BITCHY kinds I would say no.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 06:35 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Every robot can.no expression

Old Post May 7th, 2012 06:37 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Anyone who can manipulate gravity pretty much.

Proven at least twice with Iron Man and Rulk.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 06:42 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Ma and Pa kent.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 06:43 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Superman should be able too,cause he is a GOOD PERSON. Heck that jerk Thor can lift it,

It's not purely a goodness thing.

quote:
The more BITCHY kinds I would say no.

Di really isn't 'bitchy' in any of the main versions's runs.

Though if you mean maybe Odyssey Diana or Flashpoint, yea, I'd agree.

Last edited by Q99 on May 7th, 2012 at 06:50 AM

Old Post May 7th, 2012 06:44 AM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Q99
It's not purely a goodness thing.

Di really isn't 'bitchy' in any of the main versions.

Though if you mean maybe Odyssey Diana or Flashpoint, yea, I'd agree.
Then what kind of a "thing" is it?
Some douchy "warrior" schtick?
Being a egotistical glory hogging show off?
And yes. The more PC PREACHY versions of Di shouldn't be able to.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 06:47 AM