KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Phoenix (x-men movies) VS Thor (marvel movies)

Phoenix (x-men movies) VS Thor (marvel movies)
Started by: RyanAutumns

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RyanAutumns
Psionic

Phoenix (x-men movies) VS Thor (marvel movies)

in a fight between these two powerhouse's, who wins? (Both characters are from the Marvel movies)

Phoenix Jean Grey

VS

Thor

Old Post May 7th, 2012 03:38 PM
RyanAutumns is currently offline Click here to Send RyanAutumns a Private Message Find more posts by RyanAutumns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Imo Jean Grey

As a matter of fact I believe overall main mutants were portrayed as more powerful as the heroes in Marvel.

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post May 7th, 2012 03:44 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I'm going to say Thor.

Jean was essentially a sentient bomb but even in her biggest display of power I didn't see her do anything I don't think Thor would have been able to survive nor match.

While Jean was still as physically fragile as a normal human being.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 7th, 2012 03:46 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

quote: (post)
Originally posted by biensalsa
Imo Jean Grey

As a matter of fact I believe overall main mutants were portrayed as more powerful as the heroes in Marvel.

Really? I thought the potrayal of heroes in Marvel movies vary greatly from character to character.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 03:47 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

IMO Thor is more powerful than Phoenix, but he doesn't really have any defense against her powerset, and I can see her pulling his body apart.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 04:33 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by Lord Feron
Really? I thought the potrayal of heroes in Marvel movies vary greatly from character to character.

I have the impression of mutants being really really powerful compared to metas.

Like Professor X being capable of killing everybody in the planet or Jean being even a level 5 mutant even more powerful than Professor X

Though I watched the Thor movie again yesterday and the Avengers Movie didn't give him any love at all.

But I believe mutants were treated as very powerful and very dangerous.

Not saying Thor is not powerful or Jean as Phoenix isn't but I am going for the movies showings.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 04:36 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Professor X requires Cerebro for that feat.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 04:37 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by NemeBro
Professor X requires Cerebro for that feat.

Yes You are correct, I forgot about Cerebro.

Now, I am rethinking about Thor and He was treated very unfair in the Avengers movie. Compared to his own Movie where at the beginning He looked pretty good.

I guess Marvel wanted to inject new life into the Hulk franchise, which I guess they did it completely, because everybody is talking about the Hulk and How Hulk was one of the favorites.

it gives me the impression they basically sacrificed Thor for Hulk

Last edited by Rao Kal El on May 7th, 2012 at 04:43 PM

Old Post May 7th, 2012 04:39 PM
byrdgang21
byrd's da word

I say Thor only because was very Fragile and I don't think it would take more than 1 hammer strike to do the trick.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 04:44 PM
byrdgang21 is currently offline Click here to Send byrdgang21 a Private Message Find more posts by byrdgang21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Glorificus

Jean couldn't rip apart Wolverine. I don't think she could atomize Thor either then.

I can see Thor blasting her with lightning, which her TK shields will block, and then throwing his hammer at her face, which I'm not sure she'd be able to block.

I'd side with Thor for the majority.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 04:54 PM
Glorificus is currently offline Click here to Send Glorificus a Private Message Find more posts by Glorificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by Glorificus
Jean couldn't rip apart Wolverine.

She wasn't trying to.

Old Post May 8th, 2012 03:05 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Phoenix. She could block a hammer toss with TK, and likely disintegrate Thor. She turned buildings, tanks, hummers, jets and people to dust effortlessly (corny scene with Wolverine notwithstanding), blocked Cyclops optic blasts from emitting using her tk, held off a flood while simultaneously blocking Nightcrawler's teleportation attempt and controlling the Blackbird, and as a kid levitated every car on her block. IMO she has the offense and multitasking ability to beat Movie Thor.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post May 8th, 2012 03:22 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by MF DELPH
held off a flood while simultaneously blocking Nightcrawler's teleportation attempt and controlling the Blackbird

You missed one more - she telepathically took control of Xavier to talk to Scott.

Old Post May 8th, 2012 03:24 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Thor decapitates Jean with a hammer throw.

The End.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 8th, 2012 03:26 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Thor decapitates Jean with a hammer throw.

The End.

Thor can't even move if DP doesn't allow it.

Thor gets disintegrated.

The End.

Old Post May 8th, 2012 03:33 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Placidity
Thor can't even move if DP doesn't allow it.

Thor gets disintegrated.

The End.

Like Wolvie right?

Old Post May 8th, 2012 03:34 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Jean intentionally didn't kill Wolverine. Prior to that cornball scene she'd dusted Arclight and a bunch of other mutants/soldiers, as well as the Blackbird and the building. She wanted Wolverine to stop her. She could have tk'd him into space or ripped him apart if she wanted.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post May 8th, 2012 03:39 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Intentionally didn't kill Wolverine? I don't know about that. She still burnt him to his very bones, but she couldn't destroy the adamantium and he healed at a pace that makes Bana Hulk a crybaby.

Old Post May 8th, 2012 03:42 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by biensalsa
Yes You are correct, I forgot about Cerebro.

Now, I am rethinking about Thor and He was treated very unfair in the Avengers movie. Compared to his own Movie where at the beginning He looked pretty good.

I guess Marvel wanted to inject new life into the Hulk franchise, which I guess they did it completely, because everybody is talking about the Hulk and How Hulk was one of the favorites.

it gives me the impression they basically sacrificed Thor for Hulk
the church of gamma is taking in a lot of new followers smile

Old Post May 8th, 2012 03:43 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by psycho gundam
the church of gamma is taking in a lot of new followers smile

*Bornagain Hulkster*

Old Post May 8th, 2012 03:43 AM