KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thor(movie) vs Silver Surfer(movie)

Thor(movie) vs Silver Surfer(movie)
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ozz81

Thor(movie) vs Silver Surfer(movie)

Movie versions ( Marvel) in the above who takes this and why ?

Last edited by ozz81 on May 8th, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Old Post May 8th, 2012 11:16 AM
ozz81 is currently offline Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Gotta go with Thor. Wasnt Sufer taken out by the foursome? I dont recall exactly but i dont think they could take Thor

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post May 8th, 2012 12:34 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Surfer

Old Post May 8th, 2012 12:43 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

Silver Surfer had a stupid ass weakness where if he was seperated from his board he was powerless or some shit.

I think thor would pack enough whallop to know him off with a hammer toss or mass lighting strike. Thor thor would just jump on him and start pounding away.

Old Post May 8th, 2012 12:43 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Surfer kills him with ease.

Thor is no Reed Richards/Doom.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post May 8th, 2012 01:10 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Silver Surfer had a stupid ass weakness where if he was seperated from his board he was powerless or some shit.

I think thor would pack enough whallop to know him off with a hammer toss or mass lighting strike. Thor thor would just jump on him and start pounding away.

Um yea a few problems there.

- No evidence to suggest he can be "knocked off" his board by force.
- He can become one with his board.
- Intangibility - Thor can't touch him with his fists or hammer.
- Can absorb the lightning.
- Can fly, maneuver, is faster and more agile in the air - absolutely no way Thor can tag him.
- Tanked Doom's blasts - trust me, they are strong.
- Matter manipulation
- Energy manipulation
- Large AOE Cosmic blasts - Note AOE, not beams which can be deflected.
- Cosmic AOE Transmutation Wave
- Telekinesis
- Tanked Thing's hits
- If all else fails (lol), Kamikaze explosion bigger than the size of Earth.

There is a reason why Surfer is ranked 1 in the MCU thread.

Thor dies.

Old Post May 8th, 2012 01:11 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

I think some people are overrating Thor a little, on kmc.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post May 8th, 2012 01:13 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by janus77
I think some people are overrating Thor a little, on kmc.

LoL. you think?

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 8th, 2012 01:17 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Surfer.

Old Post May 8th, 2012 01:22 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Going with Surfer, his blast at the end of the movie could be right up there with Superman's turn planet backwards feat.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 8th, 2012 01:41 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

Originally posted by Placidity

- Can fly, maneuver, is faster and more agile in the air - absolutely no way Thor can tag him.
- Matter manipulation
- Energy manipulation
- Telekinesis
- Tanked Thing's hits

Thor dies.

Well I would imagine that someone like Thor could knock him off his board but you are right I don't remember anyone or anyone attempting to knock Surfer off his board with force...

Also, damn!! I don't remember half the crap you just said... Maybe I should watch that movie again... I think NOT! lol

Old Post May 8th, 2012 02:10 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Doom was knocked off the Surfers Board iirc and still had full access to Surfers power. I also have my doubt about Thor having the ability to make the Surfer's board liquid like Reed did.

And lets not forget Surfer basically vaporized Doom in one blast and reassembled him again. Better then anything Thor have done in my book.

Last edited by Utrigita on May 8th, 2012 at 03:31 PM

Old Post May 8th, 2012 03:29 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One-Punch
B-Class Hero

Reed with prep created a device that cut off Surfers access to his board and hence access to his power (which is kind of retarded). Unless Thor has Reed level intellect and prep, I doubt he could cut off Surfer's access to his board permanently.

*Edit: FYI Surfer didn't didn't die when he blew up Galactus. After the credits he was shown lying on his board floating in space unconscious. They were suppose to have a Silver Surfer film after, too bad he FF movies sucked.

Last edited by One-Punch on May 8th, 2012 at 03:43 PM

Old Post May 8th, 2012 03:40 PM
One-Punch is currently offline Click here to Send One-Punch a Private Message Find more posts by One-Punch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gogogadgetgo

Originally posted by Placidity

- Matter manipulation
- Energy manipulation
- Telekinesis
- Tanked Thing's hits

Thor dies.

um, no evidence that surfer can't be forcefully removed from his board by physical means. and going by Thor's feats (Thor and avengers movies), Thor would most likely has enough physical strength and power to do so.

works both ways see.

your just biased against thor.

with that, surfer wins.

Old Post May 8th, 2012 04:21 PM
gogogadgetgo is currently offline Click here to Send gogogadgetgo a Private Message Find more posts by gogogadgetgo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
um, no evidence that surfer can't be forcefully removed from his board by physical means. and going by Thor's feats (Thor and avengers movies), Thor would most likely has enough physical strength and power to do so.

works both ways see.

your just biased against thor.

with that, surfer wins.

I'm sorry, but no.

Thor does NOT have the demonstrated feats to show he can do anything to seperate Surfer from his board.

Old Post May 8th, 2012 05:18 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

surfer destroys thor

Old Post May 8th, 2012 05:23 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gogogadgetgo

Originally posted by CosmicComet
I'm sorry, but no.

Thor does NOT have the demonstrated feats to show he can do anything to seperate Surfer from his board.

you must have

1. watched the incredible hulk returns movie staring eric kramer as thor and lou ferrigno as the hulk and are going by those feats

2. didn't see the thor and avengers movies

3. had your eye's closed during the thor and hulk movies

4. in denial coz thor was awesome.

eitherways, get over it biased boy.

Old Post May 8th, 2012 05:24 PM
gogogadgetgo is currently offline Click here to Send gogogadgetgo a Private Message Find more posts by gogogadgetgo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Thor and the Avengers had feats equal to a planet sized blast against Galactus which failed to kill or separate Surfer from his board?

Perhaps you didn't understand the notion that Surfer was only seperated from his power and board through specific prep? Perhaps you didn't understand the notion that Surfer 'can become one with his board'?

Perhaps you failed to realize that feats determine winners here, and not sentiment, which is what you are demonstrating--the bias rests with you I'm afraid.

Or perhaps, you just didn't remember the F4 silver surfer movie very well. Which would be excusable.

Old Post May 8th, 2012 05:28 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
you must have

1. watched the incredible hulk returns movie staring eric kramer as thor and lou ferrigno as the hulk and are going by those feats

2. didn't see the thor and avengers movies

3. had your eye's closed during the thor and hulk movies

4. in denial coz thor was awesome.

eitherways, get over it biased boy.

hmmm no

Old Post May 8th, 2012 05:36 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

You know what I thought would be funny is if Surfer Absorbed a hammer toss from Thor nto his board like the missile then his board dropped to the ground and it couldn't move stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 8th, 2012 05:47 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote