KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Phoenix 5 vs Marvel Team (Take 2)

Phoenix 5 vs Marvel Team (Take 2)
Started by: keiththegreat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
keiththegreat

Phoenix 5 vs Marvel Team (Take 2)

Phoenix 5

vs

Odin Force Thor (JMS run)
Thanos
Kuurth
Silver Surfer
Worldbreaker Hulk

No BFR

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 12:05 AM
keiththegreat is currently offline Click here to Send keiththegreat a Private Message Find more posts by keiththegreat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Take 2?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 12:13 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harbinger
Firestorm

Marvel team wins, even though I have to say that IMO, there isn't much of a difference between OF Thor and Classic Thor as far as feats go.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 12:15 AM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Harbinger
Marvel team wins, even though I have to say that IMO, there isn't much of a difference between OF Thor and Classic Thor as far as feats go.

I'd say durability wise, there's a huge difference. Classic Thor gets killed by a normal human inhabiting the Destroyer whereas OF Thor takes the Balder-occupied Destroyer's blast directly and suffers only slagged armor and some burns. And then there's the Bor fight in 600. JMS, the guy who handled Thor's ongoing, made it clear there was a difference between the two whereas people like Loeb didn't really give a shit.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 12:18 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I'd say durability wise, there's a huge difference. Classic Thor gets killed by a normal human inhabiting the Destroyer whereas OF Thor takes the Balder-occupied Destroyer's blast directly and suffers only slagged armor and some burns. And then there's the Bor fight in 600. JMS, the guy who handled Thor's ongoing, made it clear there was a difference between the two whereas people like Loeb didn't really give a shit.

Do u think he will shine after thisPhoenix business is done...their hasn't been a Thor centric eventworth a damn for awhile

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 12:23 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PillarofOsiris

JMS did an amazing job with Thor. The comic where Thor beats Iron Man silly is among my top 10 favorite comic book moments (especially coming right off Civil War, when I really wanted someone to hand him his a**). The only dumb thing about it was the whole Loki is a woman thing, but other than that, JMS treated Thor with respect and made him an awesome, noble hero. Whereas recent writers treat him like a moronic punching bag.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 12:25 AM
PillarofOsiris is currently offline Click here to Send PillarofOsiris a Private Message Find more posts by PillarofOsiris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Do u think he will shine after thisPhoenix business is done...their hasn't been a Thor centric eventworth a damn for awhile

They did Fear Itself last year, which is as Thor/Asgard heavy as it gets, regardless of the quality. And there was also Siege, in spite of them jobbing out Asgard.

I'd rather them sort out the main Thor title first before trying to do a big event. But from what I hear, there's supposed to be a Journey into Mystery/Mighty Thor crossover which will deal with Surtur.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 12:27 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Journey into mystery is awesome...I love lokis depiction even though Thor is missing alot during the books its still a good read, I also like hellstrom

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 12:32 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Journey into Mystery is a great book as it puts over not just Loki and Asgardians in general, but also other pantheons and other gods and demons in the heirarchy. I just have this feeling with the massive creative change-up, JiM will get cancelled or handed over to someone else who can't handle the book.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 12:35 AM