KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Anti Gravity Gauntlet

Anti Gravity Gauntlet
Started by: BlackZero30x

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlackZero30x
Jack

Anti Gravity Gauntlet

Ok So this is not a conventional battle.

Green Lantern Hal Jordan at his best as a Green Lantern.....no Paralax or any other power ups. Hal Puts the opponent in an anti gravity aura much like the one that surrounds himself during flight. This aura does nothing but defy gravity and the the opponent can not control it. It offers no form of protection. Once the bell sounds and the round starts the opponent will continue to ascend until they reach orbit. Using nothing but pure force of will who can overcome Hal's willpower and set themselves free before reaching orbit? Everyone knows that if they lose not only will they die but everyone they ever cared about will be tortured and killed slowly.

Each opponent will not necessarily be current. It will be them at the peak of their power but not beyond the level provided.....for example if I say Thor then I mean just Thor at his peak not King Thor. For the sake of things every character on the list will die once they reach orbit no matter who they are.

This list is in a non specif order and it continues until everyone has been "tested"

for whoever passes this and lives how would they fair against the combined will of Hal and Kyle?

Wolverine
Spider-Man
Superman
W.W. Hulk
Red Hulk
Batman
Dr. Doom
The Flash(Barry Allen)
Gladiator
Thor
Wonder Women
Cyclops
Aquaman
Ms. Marvel
Magog
Allen Scott(civilian no ring)
Hawkman
The Top

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 02:37 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

So, basically, who can escape from a force bubble from Hal, but only through will?

Doesn't really make sense, as just having a strong will doesn't give you the ability to break Lantern constructs. You need power to do it, whether in the form of strength, energy, another power ring, being Dr. Doom, etc.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 02:43 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

pretty much.

but the thing about that is the constructs strength is directly dictated by the strength of will by the GL. So if the person of oppositions will is greater then the GL then they should be stronger then the construct.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 02:49 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
pretty much.

but the thing about that is the constructs strength is directly dictated by the strength of will by the GL. So if the person of oppositions will is greater then the GL then they should be stronger then the construct.

Except it doesn't work that way.

The enemy can have greater willpower than the Lantern in question, but that doesn't translate into them being able to shatter a construct. They need either physical strength to do it and/or another form of actually escaping.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 02:54 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Unless of course, you're Deathstroke, and its Identity Crisis....

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 02:58 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

So you are saying that a normal person like you or I could not break free from....idk a pair of construct handcuffs?

ok then change the part in the OP of using pure will into channeling their entire will into a single attack. It really doesn't change the spirit of the thread imo.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 03:00 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
So you are saying that a normal person like you or I could not break free from....idk a pair of construct handcuffs?

ok then change the part in the OP of using pure will into channeling their entire will into a single attack. It really doesn't change the spirit of the thread imo.

No, even if we had willpower like an elite Lantern.

In that case quite a few of them can escape.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 03:03 AM
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
No, even if we had willpower like an elite Lantern.

In that case quite a few of them can escape.

Interesting.

could the ones that escape do it again even with the combined wills of Hal and Kyle?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 03:09 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

People have escaped from GL constructs because of better willpower. It happened pre-crisis where GL constructs were all but unbreakable. Only yellow impurity and plot device "I have more willpower" was the only way to escape. The only exception was superman. Post crisis only Lobo has done so.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 03:09 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by abhilegend
People have escaped from GL constructs because of better willpower.

thats what I thought.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 03:12 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

People have escaped from GL constructs because of better willpower. It happened pre-crisis where GL constructs were all but unbreakable. Only yellow impurity and plot device "I have more willpower" was the only way to escape. The only exception was superman. Post crisis only Lobo has done so.

Lobo's broken constructs through will and will alone? No physicality involved?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 03:12 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Wolverine broke out of Jeans tk because it was an "extension of her will," and "Wolverine's will is unbeatable." cool

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 03:13 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Its Lobo, though. So even if he did break out through will alone, I doubt it can be applicable across the board.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 03:15 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Yep.
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Wolverine broke out of Jeans tk because it was an "extension of her will," and "Wolverine's will is unbeatable." cool

That cow has willpower?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 03:17 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Yep.
That cow has willpower?

Cow? confused

Oh! You are thinking of Emma. smile

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 03:19 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Cow? confused

Oh! You are thinking of Emma. smile

Don't make me call pr.

I'm talking about Jean "Sacred Cow" Grey.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 03:22 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I don't know man, I googled sacred cow and it just had this picture of Emma Frost.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 03:25 AM
BlackZero30x
Jack

this made me think...

lets say someone was stuck floating about 15 feet off the ground and couldn't get down....would this be BFR or would it be incapacitating?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 03:32 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I don't know man, I googled sacred cow and it just had this picture of Emma Frost.

(please log in to view the image)

laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 03:37 AM
Cogito

Post crisis only Lobo has done so.

Scans?

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 12:55 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote