KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Guardian Amped Prime Vs DOV Captain Marvel

Guardian Amped Prime Vs DOV Captain Marvel
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Guardian Amped Prime Vs DOV Captain Marvel

Who wins?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2012 07:49 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Primes amp will wear off faster then CM, so CM wins.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Sep 20th, 2012 07:55 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-Block

Captain Marvel

Old Post Sep 20th, 2012 07:57 PM
D-Block is currently offline Click here to Send D-Block a Private Message Find more posts by D-Block Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I'd wager the Oan energies of a single Guardian are vastly inferior to those of most of the collected magical energy of the DCU.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2012 08:20 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Depends how 'immune' to magic you believe GA Prime was, I suppose. However, I personally believe Billy could one-shot him.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 20th, 2012 09:18 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Well, he did easily resist Mordru...

Old Post Sep 20th, 2012 09:32 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Who would promptly get his face punched off by roided out Billy.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2012 09:39 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Mordru would sap his magic like a sponge. LO3W style.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2012 09:42 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Just like Spectre did?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2012 09:45 PM
Senor Cage

I'd place Mordru ahead of average Spectre myself. We have seen Fate stand up to him and Mordru has spanked Fate. PC that is.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2012 09:46 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Spectre > Mordru.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2012 10:06 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Have they actually fought? Spectre has been rocked by high end magic users before. I see the same thing happening against Mordru.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2012 10:10 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Actually it doesn't matter. We all agree that Prime will lose, just disagree how fast^^.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Sep 20th, 2012 10:15 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
Have they actually fought? Spectre has been rocked by high end magic users before. I see the same thing happening against Mordru.
I've seen Nabu trounce Mordru. I've seen Spectre trounce Nabu. Specte > Mordru.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2012 10:42 PM
Senor Cage

It was Mordru's off day. big grin

Old Post Sep 20th, 2012 10:46 PM
Uriel005

Originally posted by Golgo13
Well, he did easily resist Mordru...
Shazam prep at RoE was probably superior to what DoV Marvel threw at Spectre. Mordru tooled him at the RoE and then restored him for lulz iirc. I know abc logic generally not good logic but it gives an idea of Prime's magic resistance at that scale. That being the case if Prime's magic resistance based off that showing is in fact that good it might not even be necessary for him to have GA amp to win. Mind you this would be nothing against Captain Marvel, just a case of a supremely bad matchup depending on how much faith you want to put into the Mordru feat, which I hold in high esteem because I'm a Mordru fan and to see him get no sold the way he was, was either supremely disappointing at how far he had fallen or a supremely amazing showing for Prime for the ease he punked Mordru.

Again in the super heavyweight tier Prime tends to do extremely well.

Monarch
Mordru,
a Group of Guardians,
The entire Green Lantern Corp. wall
Mr. Mxy.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 12:05 AM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

DOV Billy beating on Spectre (even as Enchantress was severing the power feed) was far more impressive than GA Prime slowly losing to Monarch.
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I'd wager the Oan energies of a single Guardian are vastly inferior to those of most of the collected magical energy of the DCU.
In this instance, true. When Hallax was empowered by Ganthet's energy precipitating Zero Hour, arguably not so much.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 01:02 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Hallax was powered up by several things. However prime easily shrugging off Kinetix's blast (she absorbed all magic in earth 247) and mordru who absorbed all magic in 30th century makes this harder to judge.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 01:24 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sundipped
MURDERER

Originally posted by abhilegend
Hallax was powered up by several things. However prime easily shrugging off Kinetix's blast (she absorbed all magic in earth 247) and mordru who absorbed all magic in 30th century makes this harder to judge.

This.
To add, Prime would have his amp longer in this fight than the period of time he was fighting Monarch. The amp was already being drained by him doing interdimensional traveling at the rate he was.

I say both amps wear off at about the same time but Prime is able to hang in there due to his magic resistance. It's just hard for me to see magically amped punches doing Prime in. Especially with a GA amp.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 03:36 PM
Sundipped is currently offline Click here to Send Sundipped a Private Message Find more posts by Sundipped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

^ Trying to account for GA Prime's energy loss while traveling interdimensionally while not accounting for Enchantress completely cutting off Captain Marvel from his amp reeks of a rather puerile double standard.

Beating the sh1t out of Spectre is more impressive than... not really beating the sh1t out of Monarch. At all. I don't know how much simpler it can get. DOV Captain Marvel's punches aren't Black Adam's punches.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 03:49 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote