KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Galactus vs Team Trans

Galactus vs Team Trans
Started by: keiththegreat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
keiththegreat

Galactus vs Team Trans

Galactus just ate one planet.

vs

Thanos
OF Thor (JMS run)
Bor
OWAW Sundipped Superman
GA Superboy Prime
Sodam Yat Ion
Balder in Destroyer Armor
Worldbreaker Hulk
Kuurth
Power Cosmic Rulk with energy draining ability

Fight in a giant, closed arena the size of Texas.

No BFR

Last edited by keiththegreat on Sep 21st, 2012 at 05:10 PM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 04:56 PM
keiththegreat is currently offline Click here to Send keiththegreat a Private Message Find more posts by keiththegreat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Where does the battle take place?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 05:03 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
keiththegreat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Where does the battle take place?

Edited.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 05:10 PM
keiththegreat is currently offline Click here to Send keiththegreat a Private Message Find more posts by keiththegreat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

It depends on how Galactus starts this battle off.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 05:13 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

Lol Carver

Galactus wins

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 05:21 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Theoretically Galactus should win, but he's been significantly hurt by power well within the abilities of this team.

He goes down here

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 06:13 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dampyre

Galactus.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 07:02 PM
Dampyre is currently offline Click here to Send Dampyre a Private Message Find more posts by Dampyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Big G just ate a planet.

Just sayin'.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 07:03 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Cogito
Theoretically Galactus should win, but he's been significantly hurt by power well within the abilities of this team.

He goes down here
This.

phuck implied power

I have returned

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 08:22 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by Cogito

He goes down here

thumb up

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 09:34 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
This.

phuck implied power
It's not implied power.

He actually has feats that put him on the level of his status.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 09:35 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Galactus for the win imo. He will have to work harder then he should have had BFR been enabled.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 09:39 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Big G if he fights

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 10:11 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Considering how an injured Thor was able to bust through his helmet and cause him considerable agony , the team could likely pull of a slight majority here .

Team ftw 5.5-6/10 .

Old Post Sep 21st, 2012 11:20 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Considering how an injured Thor was able to bust through his helmet and cause him considerable agony , the team could likely pull of a slight majority here .

Team ftw 5.5-6/10 .
Do we consider that Galactus tanked an amped Godblast as well when he was ready for it, or does that get ignored?

Also, Galactus hasn't even fought heroes when he wasn't weakened, so there's that as well (to earlier statements). The Fraction Thor example is the only time when he wasn't stated to have been weakened (nor fed, but I digress).
Nor did that cause him considerable agony. He kept on with his tp battle with Odin without missing a beat.

Last edited by One Big Mob on Sep 22nd, 2012 at 06:10 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2012 06:06 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Galactus

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2012 06:36 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Do we consider that Galactus tanked an amped Godblast as well when he was ready for it, or does that get ignored?

Also, Galactus hasn't even fought heroes when he wasn't weakened, so there's that as well (to earlier statements). The Fraction Thor example is the only time when he wasn't stated to have been weakened (nor fed, but I digress).
Nor did that cause him considerable agony. He kept on with his tp battle with Odin without missing a beat.

An amped Godblast(?) which was focused on two other Abstracts as well .

Yup and most of the heroes he has fought in a non-jobbing mode were usually not even herald level . Or is there an instance that you know of in which he(fed on only one world) fought a team of ten trans characters w/o breaking a sweat or sustaining any damage ?

Him screaming out in pain when Thor rammed into his head doesn't indicate that it caused him considerable pain/agony ? Not to mention that a trans-level character has launched a fed Galactus 100's of yards outside of his ship , with a single energy blast .

"Nor fed" you say . What about the opening pages in TMT # 1 , in which he is SHOWN eating an uninhabited world ?
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/705..._1_005.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/705..._1_006.jpg.html
As you can see , it doesn't matter whether it was stated or not , because Fraction/Coipel went further and SHOWED us him eating a planet(immediately prior to Surfer detecting the Galactus Seed) .

Last edited by TheGodKiller02 on Sep 22nd, 2012 at 07:29 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2012 07:24 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

An amped Godblast(?) which was focused on two other Abstracts as well .

Yup and most of the heroes he has fought in a non-jobbing mode were usually not even herald level . Or is there an instance that you know of in which he(fed on only one world) fought a team of ten trans characters w/o breaking a sweat or sustaining any damage ?

Him screaming out in pain when Thor rammed into his head doesn't indicate that it caused him considerable pain/agony ? Not to mention that a trans-level character has launched a fed Galactus 100's of yards outside of his ship , with a single energy blast .

"Nor fed" you say . What about the opening pages in TMT # 1 , in which he is SHOWN eating an uninhabited world ?
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/705..._1_005.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/705..._1_006.jpg.html
As you can see , it doesn't matter whether it was stated or not , because Fraction/Coipel went further and SHOWED us him eating a planet(in preparation for upcoming his war with Asgard) .
By Thor and two people, yes. It hit everyone. Why would that reduce the effectiveness when it was such a wide attack?

Non jobbing mode? He's only fought them in a hungry mode. And many of them were herald level.
I don't know how you just said that the G-Blast hit two abstracts but neglected to remember Galactus also taking their attacks to no real effect.
No he hasn't fought ten trans characters but in your own words he's fought two abstract level characters...

Which adding onto this, one of them created thousands of Surfer's and Thors, and the Other defeated those Surfer's and Thors. So...

He immediately pushed Odin over the edge in TP right after that attack. You know, the attack where he wasn't protecting himself at all and Thor almost knocked himself out doing.
It's funny that it's a bad acceptable feat in Galactus threads, but it's a non feat in Thanos threads. Just funny how feats can change at the drop of a hat.
Either way, Galactus was thrown yes, but no lasting damage, and it's not quite in line with his history (the whole arc for that matter).

I was wrong there, I'll admit (curse those one read arcs), but it still doesn't change too much. Galactus gets "hurt" by Thor when he gets cheapshotted and isn't defending himself at all that caused no lasting damage or no real concern and that's the reason he loses? You know the guy has shields right?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2012 07:43 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
By Thor and two people, yes. It hit everyone. Why would that reduce the effectiveness when it was such a wide attack?

Non jobbing mode? He's only fought them in a hungry mode. And many of them were herald level.
I don't know how you just said that the G-Blast hit two abstracts but neglected to remember Galactus also taking their attacks to no real effect.
No he hasn't fought ten trans characters but in your own words he's fought two abstract level characters...

Which adding onto this, one of them created thousands of Surfer's and Thors, and the Other defeated those Surfer's and Thors. So...

He immediately pushed Odin over the edge in TP right after that attack. You know, the attack where he wasn't protecting himself at all and Thor almost knocked himself out doing.
It's funny that it's a bad acceptable feat in Galactus threads, but it's a non feat in Thanos threads. Just funny how feats can change at the drop of a hat.
Either way, Galactus was thrown yes, but no lasting damage, and it's not quite in line with his history (the whole arc for that matter).

I was wrong there, I'll admit (curse those one read arcs), but it still doesn't change too much. Galactus gets "hurt" by Thor when he gets cheapshotted and isn't defending himself at all that caused no lasting damage or no real concern and that's the reason he loses? You know the guy has shields right?

It only hit the Abstracts , and its yet to be proven that it was even a Godblast , since throughout the history of the attack , it has usually always been represented as a thick , directed energy beam of sorts , not a supermassive barrage of lightning , and whenever Thor performed it , either he himself or the narrative mentioned that it was going to be the GB , or something to the effect of "let mine godly life-force/energies be united with the uru mallet Mjolnir" was stated by Thor . Its chances of being a godblast is just as likely as this super-amped energy blast against Arishem being one :
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/...ts002_super.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/...ts003_super.jpg

Are you referring to the Secret Wars mini ? Because one showing doesn't discount the fact that in general , at hungry/starving levels , Galactus can(and has been) beaten by teams of heroes .

Many of them ? I only recall Thor along with the Surfer and/or Strange(depending on whether he's a herald or not) perhaps and maybe the Hulk on a very good day among those teams whom he no-sold , in general . The only time I recall when he fought a team of heralds was when he was resurrected by Franklin/Valeria and then proceeded to lay the smackdown on them .

Was it proven that those doppelgangers were equal to the originals ? Because a lot of time in comics , clones(especially when they are large in numbers , which leads to the ninja effect) , tend to be cheap knock-offs of the original . The same query also applies to the team of Novas that Galactus owned in the above paragraph .

We don't know what his level of hunger was when he fought those 2 other Abstracts . And those 2 Abstracts were fighting each other as well . Also , the first blow from one(Galactus himself) of those three Abstracts , struck one(Rachel) of the 3 heralds as well , yet in subsequent pages she appeared none the worse for wear .

The original point was that Thor did cause him pain . It wasn't a killing blow , but based on G screaming in agony , it did cause considerable hurt . Him continuing on with his tp battle merely indicates that his willingness/determination and endurance to continue a fight is greater than his pain threshold . Doesn't really show that he no-sold the attack .
I don't care about that as I rarely use(or even mention) that feat in either Thanos or Galactus threads . No lasting damage was done , although one must also consider that Thanos had come to primarily warn Galactus of what he was doing , not engage in extended combat(although he did prepare for possible violence in the ensuing confrontation) with him .
Also , from that very showing , Thanos can very likely shield himself and the team in this thread . Galactus expends himself in the process of shattering it and then the team unloads on the now weakened Galactus , beating him(sustaining a couple of or many losses in the process) .

I can definitely see arguments being made on both sides , and that's why I gave the team only a very slight majority .

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2012 08:40 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

It only hit the Abstracts , and its yet to be proven that it was even a Godblast , since throughout the history of the attack , it has usually always been represented as a thick , directed energy beam of sorts , not a supermassive barrage of lightning , and whenever Thor performed it , either he himself or the narrative mentioned that it was going to be the GB , or something to the effect of "let mine godly life-force/energies be united with the uru mallet Mjolnir" was stated by Thor . Its chances of being a godblast is just as likely as this super-amped energy blast against Arishem being one :
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/...ts002_super.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/...ts003_super.jpg

Are you referring to the Secret Wars mini ? Because one showing doesn't discount the fact that in general , at hungry/starving levels , Galactus can(and has been) beaten by teams of heroes .

Many of them ? I only recall Thor along with the Surfer and/or Strange(depending on whether he's a herald or not) perhaps and maybe the Hulk on a very good day among those teams whom he no-sold , in general . The only time I recall when he fought a team of heralds was when he was resurrected by Franklin/Valeria and then proceeded to lay the smackdown on them .

Was it proven that those doppelgangers were equal to the originals ? Because a lot of time in comics , clones(especially when they are large in numbers , which leads to the ninja effect) , tend to be cheap knock-offs of the original . The same query also applies to the team of Novas that Galactus owned in the above paragraph .

We don't know what his level of hunger was when he fought those 2 other Abstracts . And those 2 Abstracts were fighting each other as well . Also , the first blow from one(Galactus himself) of those three Abstracts , struck one(Rachel) of the 3 heralds as well , yet in subsequent pages she appeared none the worse for wear .

The original point was that Thor did cause him pain . It wasn't a killing blow , but based on G screaming in agony , it did cause considerable hurt . Him continuing on with his tp battle merely indicates that his willingness/determination and endurance to continue a fight is greater than his pain threshold . Doesn't really show that he no-sold the attack .
I don't care about that as I rarely use(or even mention) that feat in either Thanos or Galactus threads . No lasting damage was done , although one must also consider that Thanos had come to primarily warn Galactus of what he was doing , not engage in extended combat(although he did prepare for possible violence in the ensuing confrontation) with him .
Also , from that very showing , Thanos can very likely shield himself and the team in this thread . Galactus expends himself in the process of shattering it and then the team unloads on the now weakened Galactus , beating him(sustaining a couple of or many losses in the process) .

I can definitely see arguments being made on both sides , and that's why I gave the team only a very slight majority .
It only hit the abstracts... don't see your point there.
Yes, the look of it. It's not exactly in Galactus' history to fire red lightning either. Therefore, we should conclude Galactus never fired anything because it didn't look right. Stupid argument.

But wait, the first Godblast on panel was lightning and bands of force waves...
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...Godblast161.jpg

So the look is defeated, but being one with the hammer, well, let's see about that... Keep in mind the wording is different, but that's likely due to this being the only time Thor hasn't talked while doing it.
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/...orAnnual037.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/...orAnnual038.jpg

The blast was so powerful it actually knocked all three of them out bad enough that Galactus had to wake them up. So obviously it must have been pretty weak.

Galactus at his weakest levels ever made a team of Gladiator, Thor, Iron Man, Thing, etc retreat while fighting the Kree/Shi'ar. Beat a team of Wonder Man, Surfer, Thor, SW, Sue, Vision, AM in the Suit. The Secret Wars fiasco. One feat in particular seems interesting to bring up where he basically blinked and almost killed Xavier, Magneto, and a bunch of X-Men... considering Xavier's recent feats anyway. Meh. Weakened Galactus sucks.
He's been beaten twice off the top of my head while weakened by heroes (one was in a dimension where his powers weren't working, and the other was when he was rapidly shrinking and got hit by a Strange's "Stare"). OMG. Now let's look at the difference between weakened and powered Galactus (besides the Godblast).
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/...g/brb_03_12.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/...g/brb_03_13.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/...g/brb_03_15.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/...g/brb_03_17.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/...g/brb_03_18.jpg

It's obviously not a big gap.

No, however the mere fact that they were easily being defeated by the Greys, and with the army they were able to run quite a bit of them proves they were decently powerful. Plus, the only reason Surfer/Thor survived is because of an anti vortex and Rachel helping them get away and attack. Otherwise they would have been treated just like the canon fodder army.

They were fighting Galactus, not each other at that time.
And the heralds were shielded, and the attack wasn't even directed at them. It also took them 3 pages to "join the fray" as well.

It kind of does though. If you get hurt that bad, you'd figure that the first thing to be affected would be the mind and concentration. Yes it hurt him, but considerable pain and agony it did not cause.
Plus, Galactus again has shields and isn't locked in a mind battle with someone more powerful than any single being in this thread besides himself.

But you mentioned it here. Thanos was the one who fired off the first attack.
Sure if we base Galactus entirely around the questionable writing in the Thanos mini, then the team probably wins. But if we actually take other things into account, you know, practically every other feat ever where Galactus doesn't drain his power that fast even when hungry, then it starts to look questionable.
Galactus fought In-Betweener in a weakened state after coming out of a coma. Clearly Thanos' forcefields should drain him. Same with his immensely destructive fight with Mephisto. He started that off weak as well, yet clearly the one blast on Thanos should tax him more than a whole fight.
Either that or Thanos has abstract-esque shields... This should go into KMC circulation IMO.

Last edited by One Big Mob on Sep 22nd, 2012 at 09:36 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2012 09:30 PM