KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thor vs DCnU Superman (read OP)

Thor vs DCnU Superman (read OP)
Started by: keiththegreat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
keiththegreat

Thor vs DCnU Superman (read OP)

This isn't a standard fight. In this fight both characters are well aware of each other's powers. They are both going to try to use their most powerful attacks right off the bat if they think it's viable. i.e., Thor will attempt a godblast immediately if he thinks he can pull it off. Thor will go to his most powerful and exotic attacks IMMEDIATELY.

He's not fighting like normal Thor.

Superman is doing the same. He will press his speed advantage to it's fullest potential, and will hit Thor as hard as he can.

Both are going for a kill. Both know the other is going to use their most powerful attacks immediately.

Who has the edge?

BFR will count as a win, if it removes the character far enough away. i.e. if Thor sends Superman into orbit like he did to Nul, Superman will return immediately.

Fight is on earth, but while all the buildings are here, there are no people and they don't care about destroying earth and any collateral damage.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 03:15 PM
keiththegreat is currently offline Click here to Send keiththegreat a Private Message Find more posts by keiththegreat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PillarofOsiris

By these stips there is no way Thor would even know what happened to him when he woke up in Valhalla.

Last edited by PillarofOsiris on Dec 27th, 2012 at 03:55 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 03:51 PM
PillarofOsiris is currently offline Click here to Send PillarofOsiris a Private Message Find more posts by PillarofOsiris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slaanesh
The forces of Chaos

Supes win cuz he's way too fast for Thor..

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 04:15 PM
Slaanesh is currently offline Click here to Send Slaanesh a Private Message Find more posts by Slaanesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sh3nG L0nG
Armor King's puppeteer

with no PIS, i don't think Thor has a chance of hitting superman with a God Blast, superman is too quick and would not try to tank it knowing Thor's attacks are magical based. With that said, it comes down to Thor's reaction speed IMO. according to the forums he has enough reaction speed to avoid superman's physical attacks. not sure what would be more effective against Thor, heat vision or freeze breath or whether both attacks are useless. It's an epic match that comes down to Thor's reaction speed.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 04:16 PM
Sh3nG L0nG is currently offline Click here to Send Sh3nG L0nG a Private Message Find more posts by Sh3nG L0nG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sh3nG L0nG
with no PIS, i don't think Thor has a chance of hitting superman with a God Blast, superman is too quick and would not try to tank it knowing Thor's attacks are magical based. With that said, it comes down to Thor's reaction speed IMO. according to the forums he has enough reaction speed to avoid superman's physical attacks. not sure what would be more effective against Thor, heat vision or freeze breath or whether both attacks are useless. It's an epic match that comes down to Thor's reaction speed.
Punch to the face will suffice.

Having said that DCNU Supes is no "I can vibrate myself intangible. I know how to expertly use all my abilities at super speed. I will wear you down before you can blink" Pre-Flashpoint Kal.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 04:25 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Yeah, speed or, better said, its versatility [intangibility, frequency changing etc.] is something that post DCnU Superman still has to catch up.

The 'every medical book ever written' feat is still up there, though, in terms of raw speed.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 04:34 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

I might be in the minority but I hope he doesn't regain his full speed based powers, it makes flash less special.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 04:38 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Huh @ this thread.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 04:41 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by pym-ftw
I might be in the minority but I hope he doesn't regain his full speed based powers, it makes flash less special.
They're not so much a power, as a natural extension of superspeed [vibrating, intangibility].

What represents a power is speed stealing, lending, body aura etc. [all of which Flash has and Superman doesn't].

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 04:42 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daredevil1

Originally posted by pym-ftw

I don't think he will. He'll have his highs for sure but recently a fat atleanten clobbered him.

And then with Wonderwoman's help he struggled lifting this big ship.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 04:42 PM
Daredevil1 is currently offline Click here to Send Daredevil1 a Private Message Find more posts by Daredevil1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by Daredevil1
I don't think he will. He'll have his highs for sure but recently a fat atleanten clobbered him.

He's talking about speed.

If you're into baiting, watch your timing. Or otherwise it's easier for me to report you for trolling. smile

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 04:44 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

If you're going to try and bait people, at least do it with remotely accurate information.

Either way, stop baiting. Nothing in that issue was a low showing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 04:45 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PillarofOsiris

The medical book feat was far beyond Thors ability to react. These stips make this a non-fight

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 04:47 PM
PillarofOsiris is currently offline Click here to Send PillarofOsiris a Private Message Find more posts by PillarofOsiris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm honestly not sure what the point of this thread is, so not sure I should leave it open.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 04:48 PM
Daredevil1

It was about speed since he got tagged by fatty. I guess your a little slow to not in speed but in the head j/k wink

In all honesty I give this fight to Supes but I could see Thor win some.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 04:51 PM
Daredevil1 is currently offline Click here to Send Daredevil1 a Private Message Find more posts by Daredevil1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It was about speed since he got tagged by fatty. I guess your a little slow to not in speed but in the head j/k wink

In all honesty I give this fight to Supes but I could see Thor win some.

He was tagged with a sucker punch by an Atlantean that has super speed and super strength.

So stop baiting. I'm not going to tell you again.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 04:52 PM
Daredevil1

Originally posted by -Pr-
If you're going to try and bait people, at least do it with remotely accurate information.

Either way, stop baiting. Nothing in that issue was a low showing.

Baiting IMO help with Wonderwoman on lifting a big ship and struggling with it. In comparison to benching the earth for 5 day straight isn't a lower strength feat.

Then what is a lower strength feat.

What is lower for Thor him moving the midgard serphent
Or him struggling with Gladiator to carry a plane.

Pr which is the lower feat?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 04:54 PM
Daredevil1

Obviously Thor with Gladiator struggling to carry the plane is a "lower" strength feat then Thor moving the midgard serphent.

Its really that hard to tell Pr?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 04:56 PM
Sh3nG L0nG
Armor King's puppeteer

Obviously Thor with Gladiator struggling to carry the plane is a "lower" strength feat then Thor moving the midgard serphent.

Its really that hard to tell Pr?

What's the context in both? Any capable reader should understand that unless the plot requires it, none of the characters you mentioned should struggle lifting a plane of all things.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 04:58 PM
Sh3nG L0nG is currently offline Click here to Send Sh3nG L0nG a Private Message Find more posts by Sh3nG L0nG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Baiting IMO help with Wonderwoman on lifting a big ship and struggling with it. In comparison to benching the earth for 5 day straight isn't a lower strength feat.

Then what is a lower strength feat.

What is lower for Thor him moving the midgard serphent
Or him struggling with Gladiator to carry a plane.

Pr which is the lower feat?

I'm not talking about Lower Strength feats. I'm talking about low showings, none of which happened in the DC books this week.

There was no indication that he was having trouble with the aircraft carrier, even though it would have been tough to lift with where he was holding on to it.

So no, not a low showing.

I really hope you're not going to make me repeat myself.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 05:00 PM