KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Beta Ray Bill in a fist fight against Thing, 80s Wonder Man, & Ms Marvel(Danvers)

Beta Ray Bill in a fist fight against Thing, 80s Wonder Man, & Ms Marvel(Danvers)
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
golem370

Beta Ray Bill in a fist fight against Thing, 80s Wonder Man, & Ms Marvel(Danvers)

Can he defeat these three?

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 02:29 AM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sigh

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 04:03 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Wonder Man, aka Simon Williams.

Edit: I see you caught your mistake.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 04:05 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Wonder Man solos.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 04:23 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

How would Wonder Man defeat Beta Ray Bill alone?

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 04:26 AM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by golem370
How would Wonder Man defeat Beta Ray Bill alone?

Wonder Man went toe to toe with Count Nefaria who was strong enough to take on the Avengers solo. He also had no problem with Thor who is a great h2h combatant.

You restricted it to the 80's so I'm not sure but there is a fight where Thor is pushed to the limit by Simon and has to charge Mjolnir up to capacity for a final strike.

Simon is stronger and more durable and would win in the absence of Stormbreaker.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 04:31 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

But Wonder Man Iron Man Sub-Mariner Hercules had trouble with Hulk.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 04:34 AM
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by golem370
But Wonder Man Iron Man Sub-Mariner Hercules had trouble with Hulk.

I have that Byrne issue but later on in his own series Simon goes toe to toe with the Hulk and basically draws. He did well against the Abomination too.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 04:56 AM
golem370

Sounds like he had some ups and downs because I know he lost to Hyperion badly and to Gladiator

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 05:20 AM
Raisen

no way does brb beat these three in a fist fight. he can probably two-shot thing initially, but wonder man and ms. marvel beat him down.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 05:56 AM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

Originally posted by Raisen
no way does brb beat these three in a fist fight. he can probably two-shot thing initially, but wonder man and ms. marvel beat him down.

confused

Ben has gone multiple rounds with The Champion, has beaten HULK a handful of times, beat Namor, Bi-Beast, Wonderman, The Wrecker, Sasquatch, stalemated Hercules, Colossolnaut etc...

But, he's going to get 2 shot by a non hammer wielding BRB?

Don't think so.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 06:29 AM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Bill shoves a telephone pole up things butt and weilds a new hammer

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 06:38 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Wonder Man went toe to toe with Count Nefaria who was strong enough to take on the Avengers solo. He also had no problem with Thor who is a great h2h combatant.

You restricted it to the 80's so I'm not sure but there is a fight where Thor is pushed to the limit by Simon and has to charge Mjolnir up to capacity for a final strike.

Simon is stronger and more durable and would win in the absence of Stormbreaker.

Check your facts.

This is just pathetic.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 06:46 AM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Tony Stark
confused

Ben has gone multiple rounds with The Champion, has beaten HULK a handful of times, beat Namor, Bi-Beast, Wonderman, The Wrecker, Sasquatch, stalemated Hercules, Colossolnaut etc...

But, he's going to get 2 shot by a non hammer wielding BRB?

Don't think so.

laughing out loud
Almost everything of that is false.
Originally posted by curryman
Check your facts.

This is just pathetic.

Englehart's wonder man was stronger than thor.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 06:53 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

He did a few mediocre WCA comics in the late 80s.

I think we can do without.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 08:42 AM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Check your facts.

This is just pathetic.

You need to check your facts.

Everything I stated was accurate.

If you extend it beyond the 80's Simon knocked out Namor and was matching Thor with ease.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 12:09 PM
curryman

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
You need to check your facts.

Everything I stated was accurate.

If you extend it beyond the 80's Simon knocked out Namor and was matching Thor with ease.

Thor's one-shotted Namor no problem, big deal, who hasn't.

Wonder Man could barely lift the weights Thor use for working out and the only incident where he actually came close to matching Thor was a PIS-ridden shit-storm, where he STILL LOST.

And even if, by some miracle, he could actually match Thor's strength, he still wouldn't COME CLOSE to matching Beta Ray Bill's durability.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 01:50 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Wonder Man could barely lift the weights Thor use for working out and the only incident where he actually came close to matching Thor was a PIS-ridden shit-storm, where he STILL LOST.

And even if, by some miracle, he could actually match Thor's strength, he still wouldn't COME CLOSE to matching Beta Ray Bill's durability.

Thor didn't oneshot namor, he knocked namor down who got up fine on the next page and that was a weakening namor which both namor and thor noted. Namor also sent BRB on his ass with a similar punch for nearly the same amount of time in Thor Corps and that was a younger, weaker namor. FWIW simon didn't oneshot namor too, it was a suckershot.

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/...Invaders33a.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/...Invaders33b.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/...Invaders33c.jpg

That was a weaker simon, later he was stalemating merged hulk in a slugfest just fine.

Actually the peak wonder man was a bit better than thor in terms of cutting durability. BRB wouldn't be better than him in blunt force durability by much.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 04:38 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Your opinion of the aforementioned events doesn't negate their being canon. Your previous statement implied I was mistaken about what I was citing in reference to Wonder Man.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 06:44 PM
curryman

Brooklyn, look up PIS in the rules.

Originally posted by abhilegend
Thor didn't oneshot namor, he knocked namor down who got up fine on the next page and that was a weakening namor which both namor and thor noted. Namor also sent BRB on his ass with a similar punch for nearly the same amount of time in Thor Corps and that was a younger, weaker namor. FWIW simon didn't oneshot namor too, it was a suckershot.

That was a weaker simon, later he was stalemating merged hulk in a slugfest just fine.

Actually the peak wonder man was a bit better than thor in terms of cutting durability. BRB wouldn't be better than him in blunt force durability by much.

Namor was as much out as he was against Wonder Man, and that's all I needed. My point was that it was no great feat.

Wonder Man never fought the Hulk over time.

And it's a good thing this is a fistfight and not a knife-fight then!

And BRB is better than him when it comes to blunt force durability. So yeah....there's that. Bill has just taken so much more punishment than Wonder Man.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 01:38 AM