KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thor Vs Beta Ray Bill

Thor Vs Beta Ray Bill
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Thor Vs Beta Ray Bill

1. Who is more durable?
2. Who is faster? Reflexes and travel speed.
3. Who is physically stronger?
4. Who has the better will power?
5. Who is smarter?
6. Who is a better fighter/Warrior?
7. Who has more energy output?
8. Who is more versatile?

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 04:00 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Re: Thor Vs Beta Ray Bill

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
1. Who is more durable?
2. Who is faster? Reflexes and travel speed.
3. Who is physically stronger?
4. Who has the better will power?
5. Who is smarter?
6. Who is a better fighter/Warrior?
7. Who has more energy output?
8. Who is more versatile?

thor

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 04:05 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Thor.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 03:44 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Thor for the most part.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 04:00 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

I dont know anyone who would say BRB is better than Thor in any category. Usually if anything Thor is BRB's measuring stick and is constantly held in comparison to see if he stacks up which often he does, but not in every possible way. If anyone thinks BRB is better I'd love to hear why/how.

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 05:29 AM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

They are trying to be shown as equals but in truth Thor>BRB

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 05:32 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by SevenShackles
I dont know anyone who would say BRB is better than Thor in any category. Usually if anything Thor is BRB's measuring stick and is constantly held in comparison to see if he stacks up which often he does, but not in every possible way. If anyone thinks BRB is better I'd love to hear why/how.

In the durability, and stamina department, Bill has proven that he was able to wake up faster than Thor when they fought over Mjolnir. When Bill pours it on, like how he fought Stardust, I really can't see Thor doing a better job. Not if we go back and reflect upon his past battles with Firelord. That wasn't really a jab or cheap shot towards Thor, but I think that Bill is being overlooked here.

When it comes to outright ferocity, I'd send Bill instead of Thor to face off against a Class 100 Berserker, because Thor is more into fair play, while Bill will straight up beat the life out of his opponent.

On average I'd say that Bill matches up well in the strength dept to Thor, so at base levels, I call it a draw.

Power? Well Bill has shown some pretty terrific displays of it during his fight with Stardust. It's too hard for me to tell which one is a more impressive blaster.

Versatility? I'd like someone to help me understand how Thor is more versatile than Bill is, when Odin gave Stormbreaker power to rival Mjolnir. Also Stormbreaker has never been broken.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 05:49 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Originally posted by Stoic
In the durability, and stamina department, Bill has proven that he was able to wake up faster than Thor when they fought over Mjolnir. When Bill pours it on, like how he fought Stardust, I really can't see Thor doing a better job. Not if we go back and reflect upon his past battles with Firelord. That wasn't really a jab or cheap shot towards Thor, but I think that Bill is being overlooked here.

When it comes to outright ferocity, I'd send Bill instead of Thor to face off against a Class 100 Berserker, because Thor is more into fair play, while Bill will straight up beat the life out of his opponent.

On average I'd say that Bill matches up well in the strength dept to Thor, so at base levels, I call it a draw.

Power? Well Bill has shown some pretty terrific displays of it during his fight with Stardust. It's too hard for me to tell which one is a more impressive blaster.

Versatility? I'd like someone to help me understand how Thor is more versatile than Bill is, when Odin gave Stormbreaker power to rival Mjolnir. Also Stormbreaker has never been broken.
I still think Thor>BRB

But this is still nice reasoning smile

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 05:51 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

thor

once before bill defeated thor but hasn't been portrayed as better, stronger, or faster than thor since

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 05:52 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Bill handles heat better than Thor, that's the one and only advantage he has. Odin specifically put the fight in an environment that would help Bill (The heat revived him IIRC), and even then, he pointed out he got lucky.

Bill is overall on average definitely far more ferocious. However, since Fraction's run, I think it's a lot closer. In his own books, Thor has for a while now been straight up brutal.

Thor is obviously more impressive if for no other reason than the God Blast.

Simple, if we want to use feats, Thor if for no other reason that he's been around longer has more versatility feats. Back in the day (And even occasionally in the current Marvel), Mjolnir would whip out powers whenever a writer needed him to.

Thor's also more experienced with Mjolnir. The basic capabilities of Mjolnir (Teleportation, shields, flight, energy absorption and manipulation, weather control etc.) are all things Bill has done however so far the most part they're equal but if you had to choose one, the answer is Thor. Which pretty much my answer for every single question: Equal or Thor.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Mar 31st, 2013 at 08:28 AM

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 08:25 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

I guess Bill can recover fast if they're in a heated environment....

Maybe he's smarter, but I doubt it.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 01:17 PM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

Thor in all 8 categories

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 01:27 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Bill wins some of these categories. A lot of them if you ask me. A lot of Bills fts are more concrete imo.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 01:29 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by carver9
Bill wins some of these categories. A lot of them if you ask me. A lot of Bills fts are more concrete imo.

laughing out loud

Anytime you want to compare, just let me know.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 06:33 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dampyre

Re: Thor Vs Beta Ray Bill

1. Who is more durable?-Toss up, maybe edge to Bill
2. Who is faster? Reflexes and travel speed-Even.
3. Who is physically stronger?-Even
4. Who has the better will power?-Thor
5. Who is smarter?-Bill
6. Who is a better fighter/Warrior?-Thor
7. Who has more energy output?-Thor
8. Who is more versatile?-Thor

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 07:09 PM
Dampyre is currently offline Click here to Send Dampyre a Private Message Find more posts by Dampyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Bill handles heat better than Thor, that's the one and only advantage he has. Odin specifically put the fight in an environment that would help Bill (The heat revived him IIRC), and even then, he pointed out he got lucky.

Bill is overall on average definitely far more ferocious. However, since Fraction's run, I think it's a lot closer. In his own books, Thor has for a while now been straight up brutal.

Simple, if we want to use feats, Thor if for no other reason that he's been around longer has more versatility feats. Back in the day (And even occasionally in the current Marvel), Mjolnir would whip out powers whenever a writer needed him to.

Thor's also more experienced with Mjolnir. The basic capabilities of Mjolnir (Teleportation, shields, flight, energy absorption and manipulation, weather control etc.) are all things Bill has done however so far the most part they're equal but if you had to choose one, the answer is Thor. Which pretty much my answer for every single question: Equal or Thor.

thumb up

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 07:18 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
googol

Originally posted by carver9
I agree with Carver

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 07:53 PM
googol is currently offline Click here to Send googol a Private Message Find more posts by googol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

I agree with you, I just felt like people were selling Bill short.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 08:08 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

The answer to this query is simple:

At Bill's best, he is equal to Thor.
At Thor's best, he is superior to BRB.

Comics have always shown that the best BRB can hope to amount to is being equal to Thor, which isn't a bad thing at all. But at the end of the day, Thor is just capable of operating a notch above Bill.

Carver, as usual, is talking out of his ass.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 08:21 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
googol

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The answer to this query is simple:

At Bill's best, he is equal to Thor.
a no hold Bill is way WAY more dangerous than CIS Thor.. Warrior Madness or crazy thor is not your every day thor

BRB operates at a more aggressive level than thor, most of the time

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 08:24 PM
googol is currently offline Click here to Send googol a Private Message Find more posts by googol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote