KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Beta Ray Bill vs Captain Marvel

Beta Ray Bill vs Captain Marvel
Started by: googol

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
googol

Beta Ray Bill vs Captain Marvel

Pre New DC Captain Marvel

1. Who is more durable?
2. Who is faster? Reflexes and travel speed.
3. Who is physically stronger?
4. Who has the better will power?
5. Who is smarter?
6. Who is a better fighter/Warrior?
7. Who has more energy output?
8. Who is more versatile?
9. who has a better chance at beating Superman

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 07:58 PM
googol is currently offline Click here to Send googol a Private Message Find more posts by googol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Re: Beta Ray Bill vs Captain Marvel

1. Who is more durable? - Split I guess.
2. Who is faster? Reflexes and travel speed. -- Billy has better reflexes, Bill can fly faster.
3. Who is physically stronger? Split or edge to Billy.
4. Who has the better will power? - Split, not enough evidence to give either the edge that I can think of at the moment.
5. Who is smarter? - Billy is wiser, Bill is smarter.
6. Who is a better fighter/Warrior? - Bill.
7. Who has more energy output? Split or Bill. Some kind of big ass Shazam Bolt might top Bill though.
8. Who is more versatile? - Bill.
9. who has a better chance at beating Superman - I don't think either is beating Superman by straight up punching. Magic, battle field removal, lightning bolts etc. are their best bets. But Billy has beaten Superman in the past so I guess he takes it by default?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 08:08 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

1.) Split, edge to stamina/damage soak to Billy, I'd wager.
2.) Billy
3.) Billy
4.) Billy
5.) Bill
6.) Bill
7.) Bill
8.) Bill
9.) Well Billy already has beaten him, so naturally he has the edge.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 08:15 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
googol

Re: Re: Beta Ray Bill vs Captain Marvel

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

9. who has a better chance at beating Superman - I don't think either is beating Superman by straight up punching. Magic, battle field removal, lightning bolts etc. are their best bets. But Billy has beaten Superman in the past so I guess he takes it by default?
I was thinking of a treet brawl type of fight. but in character(CIS)

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 08:16 PM
googol is currently offline Click here to Send googol a Private Message Find more posts by googol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
2.) Billy
3.) Billy
4.) Billy
5.) Bill
6.) Bill
7.) Bill
8.) Bill

I'm curious, why do you think Billy has faster travel speed? I assume flight was included and not running speed.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 08:22 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I'm curious, why do you think Billy has faster travel speed? I assume flight was included and not running speed.

He's kept pace with Wally, who's even complimented his speed. Obviously, Wally could smoke him in a race if inclined, but he was seriously impressed with the Speed of Mercury if memory serves. I also think Billy can go from "0 to 60" faster than Bill can if that makes sense.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 08:35 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
googol

I also think Billy can go from "0 to 60" faster than Bill can if that makes sense.
No

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 08:41 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by googol
No

"No", what?

"No, it doesn't make sense"?

or

"No, he can't accelerate faster than Bill can?"

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 08:42 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

He's kept pace with Wally, who's even complimented his speed. Obviously, Wally could smoke him in a race if inclined, but he was seriously impressed with the Speed of Mercury if memory serves. I also think Billy can go from "0 to 60" faster than Bill can if that makes sense.

But they weren't even going anywhere near light speed if you're referring to the scene I'm thinking of. As a matter of fact, I'm having trouble of coming up with a scene where Billy hits faster than light speeds at all. Bill on the other hand can and has gone many times faster than light.

Pretty sure Bill has gone from zero to other end of the Galaxy speed in moments. I get what you're saying, but not sure it's true.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 08:46 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

But they weren't even going anywhere near light speed if you're referring to the scene I'm thinking of. As a matter of fact, I'm having trouble of coming up with a scene where Billy hits faster than light speeds at all. Bill on the other hand can and has gone many times faster than light.

Pretty sure Bill has gone from zero to other end of the Galaxy speed in moments. I get what you're saying, but not sure it's true.

As far as clearly quantifiable speeds go, I'm willing to bet that Captain Marvel doesn't have hardly any lightspeed. But given how's he's paired up against or alongside Superman and treated as a peer or all around equal, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. And there's been moments where Cap's flown through out the galaxy as well, suggesting at least lightspeed travel.

In any case, I don't think Billy is grossly faster than Bill when it comes to travel speed.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 08:50 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

As far as clearly quantifiable speeds go, I'm willing to bet that Captain Marvel doesn't have hardly any lightspeed. But given how's he's paired up against or alongside Superman and treated as a peer or all around equal, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. And there's been moments where Cap's flown through out the galaxy as well, suggesting at least lightspeed travel.

In any case, I don't think Billy is grossly faster than Bill when it comes to travel speed.

In that case, Bill has kept up with likes of Thor, Surfer, Quasar, Skuttlebutt and other space fairing characters who routinely go many times the speed of light. And I'm not referring to traveling to another continent with the JLA, but traversing expanses of the Universe without missing a beat.

Scan of that? And IIRC, Bill has traversed a Galaxy in moments.

I never said Bill is much faster than Billy, but he as far as I've seen, he can fly noticeably faster. You however gave Billy the edge, and I honestly have no idea why.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 08:58 PM
googol

"No", what?

"No, it doesn't make sense"?

or

"No, he can't accelerate faster than Bill can?"
both

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 09:02 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

In that case, Bill has kept up with likes of Thor, Surfer, Quasar, Skuttlebutt and other space fairing characters who routinely go many times the speed of light. And I'm not referring to traveling to another continent with the JLA, but traversing expanses of the Universe without missing a beat.

Scan of that? And IIRC, Bill has traversed a Galaxy in moments.

I never said Bill is much faster than Billy, but he as far as I've seen, he can fly noticeably faster. You however gave Billy the edge, and I honestly have no idea why.

Billy's done the same with the likes of Superman, GLs, etc. I just think the fact that Billy possesses superspeed all around gives him a slight edge over Bill, who has to mentally will Stormbreaker to take him to whichever direction he wants to go and how fast. Billy on the other hand, can think at those speeds. The difference between them is probably seconds if even that, but I feel that Cap would edge him out nonetheless.

Iirc, it should be in a JLA or a JSA issue of some kind.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 09:11 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

both

Okay.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 09:11 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Billy's done the same with the likes of Superman, GLs, etc. I just think the fact that Billy possesses superspeed all around gives him a slight edge over Bill, who has to mentally will Stormbreaker to take him to whichever direction he wants to go and how fast. Billy on the other hand, can think at those speeds. The difference between them is probably seconds if even that, but I feel that Cap would edge him out nonetheless.

Iirc, it should be in a JLA or a JSA issue of some kind.

When has he traversed any kind of large distance with them? Scans? I think he once flew to the moon but anything even on par with interplanetary distance is coming up as blank.

I said Billy had faster reflexes, we're debating travel speed here. Even if Billy could start faster, Bill would still catch up and beat him. And based on how Bill has handled himself in that blast battle with Surfer etc., quick reactions are well within his capabilities.

Based on what information are you assuming Billy can even go faster than light?

Any issue number of any kind?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 09:18 PM
googol

Based on what information are you assuming Billy can even go faster than light?

Any issue number of any kind?
he cant. remember how long it took Black Adam to travel across the universe? he(Billy) cant travel at FTL speeds

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 09:41 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

he cant. remember how long it took Black Adam to travel across the universe? he(Billy) cant travel at FTL speeds

That was Pre-Crisis where Bladam was banished to one end of the universe because Shazam, the guy who gave him his powers, couldn't take them away. Post-Crisis, Black Adam was never banished to another star, but rather had his power sealed with a scarab.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 11:01 PM
Stoic
Avenger

2.) Billy
3.) Billy
4.) Billy
5.) Bill
6.) Bill
7.) Bill
8.) Bill

Yep except for 1. I'd call it an even split.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 11:16 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

BRB across the board

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 11:19 PM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Not even.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 11:19 PM