KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman Prime vs Surtur

Superman Prime vs Surtur
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ozz81

Superman Prime vs Surtur

Smp at peak with GA vs Surtur at peak

1.Both use full powers and abilties no BFR
2.The above with BFR on

Who wins in each of the above ?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 11:59 PM
ozz81 is currently offline Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Is Prime's resistance to magic a game-changer here?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 12:01 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Is Prime's resistance to magic a game-changer here?
Surtur can still smash him up with his fists

Twilight would likely cut him in half regardless

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 12:15 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Didn't he no-sell Bladam's punches because they were magic?

Plus, was Mordru at skyfather levels when his magic failed to affect Prime?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 12:27 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Didn't he no-sell Bladam's punches because they were magic?

Plus, was Mordru at skyfather levels when his magic failed to affect Prime?
that made no sense tbh. From him screaming in pain and I believe bleeding to it still coming from a Superman being.
There's also Zauriel hurting Prime with a punch too.
It seems as long as you're not actively using Magic fueled attacks while being a magic character, you can hurt Prime.

He was at Mordru levels if that makes sense

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 12:33 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Against Zauriel he was depleted of solar energy from what I recall. Because the other time he faced him, he was unaffected. Also didn't he use a sword instead of a punch?

Is Mordru level skyfather level then?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 12:39 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Against Zauriel he was depleted of solar energy from what I recall. Because the other time he faced him, he was unaffected. Also didn't he use a sword instead of a punch?

Is Mordru level skyfather level then?
Yeah, his immunity should still hold though
The other time was from his pure magic blade. Active magic if you will

Yes

If a non magic being with Surtur's strength hit Prime, he'd feel it for sure. It doesn't make sense that he'd be immune to his strength just because his background is magical
Just MO and based off the Z example

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 12:45 AM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Yeah, his immunity should still hold though
The other time was from his pure magic blade. Active magic if you will

Yes

If a non magic being with Surtur's strength hit Prime, he'd feel it for sure. It doesn't make sense that he'd be immune to his strength just because his background is magical
Just MO and based off the Z example

That depends if it's actually immunity or just very high resistance. The instance goes to show that since his "immunity" is tied in to his solar reserves, it's probably part of his overall kryptonian durability covering magic as well unlike regular Superman. Because in that story he was hurt by Supergirl and Powergirl as well iirc. My two cents.

Yeah, it's pretty stupid. Just to be on the safe side though, are there any other examples of a being with magical origins of their power, being able to hurt a healthy Prime with physical prowess alone? Or does the magic always end up proving to be their woe against him?

Last edited by TheGodKiller02 on Apr 6th, 2013 at 01:01 AM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 12:57 AM
Diesldude

Superman prime flies through his chest and rips his black heart out.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 01:05 AM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Surtur stomps.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 01:19 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

That depends if it's actually immunity or just very high resistance. The instance goes to show that since his "immunity" is tied in to his solar reserves, it's probably part of his overall kryptonian durability covering magic as well unlike regular Superman. Because in that story he was hurt by Supergirl and Powergirl as well iirc. My two cents.

Yeah, it's pretty stupid. Just to be on the safe side though, are there any other examples of a being with magical origins of their power, being able to hurt a healthy Prime with physical prowess alone? Or does the magic always end up proving to be their woe against him?
He's supposed to just be immune straight up

Off the top of my head there's BA where he was screaming, Mordru where he tanked it, Zauriel's sword, Zauriel's fist where he was hurt, I think he might have tanked Annataz too, not sure.

I think WG helped kick his ass too but I don't care enough to research that. There's probably some more examples

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 01:41 AM
Sundipped
MURDERER

If anyone did manage to hurt Prime with mystical punches he'd never admit it. Here he tanked a transmutation blast from Kinetex.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 02:28 AM
Sundipped is currently offline Click here to Send Sundipped a Private Message Find more posts by Sundipped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
He's supposed to just be immune straight up

Off the top of my head there's BA where he was screaming, Mordru where he tanked it, Zauriel's sword, Zauriel's fist where he was hurt, I think he might have tanked Annataz too, not sure.

I think WG helped kick his ass too but I don't care enough to research that. There's probably some more examples

Was it ever mentioned anywhere that he's literally immune? Apart from his "magic doesn't hurt me" comment to Zauriel? Because based on the way he's been hurt a few times from it before, I'm more inclined to believe that he's just resistant based on how charged his solar reserves are at the moment.

I was asking if a magic based being succeeded in hurting with physical strength before, without their magic causing a setback in the process. Did he actually scream against Bladam? From what I remember, he just trolled BA with that tickle comment.

I think he was depleted of solar juice in that instance too. Anyways, magic is the only question mark I have in this thread, apart from which I give Surtur a healthy 9/10 majority.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 03:51 PM