KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » can hulk be at his best in a film

can hulk be at his best in a film
Started by: Shabazz916

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shabazz916

can hulk be at his best in a film

is it possible for hulk to totally let loose in a movie ??? how would it look do you think we will ever see him unleashed ???

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 08:25 AM
Shabazz916 is currently offline Click here to Send Shabazz916 a Private Message Find more posts by Shabazz916 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

If by "best" you mean World Breaker, I doubt it.

Movie makers tend to ground their heroes to make it more believable and relatable (not sure why people think you can relate to overly powerful characters, but whatevs). It's why the movie counterparts are almost always exclusively weaker than their comic versions.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 08:30 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sundipped
MURDERER

It can be done visually and special effects wise but those who don't keep up with the comics would say WB Hulk is grossly overpowered and it would be hard to accept for the mainstream audience.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 08:41 AM
Sundipped is currently offline Click here to Send Sundipped a Private Message Find more posts by Sundipped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

Movie makers tend to ground their heroes to make it more believable and relatable (not sure why people think you can relate to overly powerful characters, but whatevs). It's why the movie counterparts are almost always exclusively weaker than their comic versions.

*can't relate

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 08:45 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Originally posted by Sundipped
It can be done visually and special effects wise but those who don't keep up with the comics would say WB Hulk is grossly overpowered and it would be hard to accept for the mainstream audience.
If it actually happen it would be a beautiful sight though...

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 08:58 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

this

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 08:58 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Uh...possible? Definitely. How much would he be cutting loose? Would it be close to his comic book counterpart's best feats?

I think the better question is, would people like it?

I'm inclined to believe it depends on how OP/ridiculous the "cutting loose" is. People didn't really like Bana's Hulk eventhough it was closer to his comic book counterpart than in other movies.

Then again it all really depends on how they execute it. Hulk was doing some LOLWTF stunts in Avengers and people loved it.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Apr 6th, 2013 at 09:15 AM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 09:13 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Shabazz916
is it possible for hulk to totally let loose in a movie ??? how would it look do you think we will ever see him unleashed ???

CGI yes, live action no.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 09:21 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I don't think movie audiences are ready for seeing Hulk like that.

It's possible, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 09:29 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

Hulk's already being pushed much farther than the other heroes, so I don't see why this is a concern really stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 10:25 AM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I think after seeing worldwide devastation via "Independence Day", "2012", "Transformers", etc, seeing Hulk go to town in all that CGI magnificence would be a feast for the eyes.

To make a good movie, however, the writing and character development had best be up to par with the FX. Otherwise you get GI Joe.

For that matter, there are a few heroes I wouldn't mind seeing given the planet-wrecker treatment, eg, Thor, Surfer, Superman. Bring it on. Let's see what these babies can do in let-loose, live-action, big-screen style.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Apr 6th, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 11:18 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Mindship
I think after seeing worldwide devastation via "Independence Day", "2012", "Transformers", etc, seeing Hulk go to town in all that CGI magnificence would be a feast for the eyes.

To make a good movie, however, the writing and character development had best be up to par with the FX. Otherwise you get GI Joe.

For that matter, there are a few heroes I wouldn't mind seeing given the planet-wrecker treatment, eg, Thor, Surfer, Superman. Bring it on. Let's see what these babies can do in let-loose, live-action, big-screen style.

it wouldnt transfer well onto the movie screen

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 01:38 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Sin I AM
it wouldnt transfer well onto the movie screen
Only one way to know for sure.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 01:52 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

*can't relate

It tends to depersonalize the conflict. Not that it would make a bad movie, it is that it would appeal to less of the population and make less money.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 02:29 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Mindship
Only one way to know for sure.

they should try an anime first imo

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 02:40 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

plus in the movies you have to believe there is a plausible way for the character to lose......there has o be a threat greater than itself.....once characters get past high herald they lose their relateability

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 02:41 PM
tsilamini

ya, when the enemy gets too powerful, the danger becomes abstract. People are more attracted to the danger of the hero losing his loved ones or something personal, when the danger is "the universe will end" or similar, it just isn't personal enough for most people.

I'd love a surfer movie that was entirely tripped out and non-personal in this way, but the cost of such a film far outpaces the money they would get back on it. Same would be said of a WBH style film. It could work, it wouldn't be profitable.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 02:45 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

But we all can i agree any planetary busting power shown in movies will be awesome XD

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 03:56 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

they should try an anime first imo
Actually, what I would love to see is a total CGI movie. I think most of us are familiar with that youtube clip (since removed due to copyright infringement) where Superman, Batman, etc, are fighting Lex, the Joker, Black Adam in a devastated city, which ends with Superman getting speared by Lex (I think this was part of a game). Man, I could watch that over and over.
plus in the movies you have to believe there is a plausible way for the character to lose......there has o be a threat greater than itself.....once characters get past high herald they lose their relateability
This indeed could be a problem. But I still think that if it's intelligently done (tall order, I know), it could work. Writers would have to make sure, eg, that the protagonist does have some human quality one could sympathize with.

Originally posted by Oliver North
ya, when the enemy gets too powerful, the danger becomes abstract. People are more attracted to the danger of the hero losing his loved ones or something personal, when the danger is "the universe will end" or similar, it just isn't personal enough for most people.
The Star Trek franchise has saved the universe countless times. But then, they have The Kirk.

Originally posted by TheHulk
But we all can i agree any planetary busting power shown in movies will be awesome XD
Best if it happened slowly, with huge chunks separating, interspersed with scenes of absolute mayhem at ground level, lava, vast tornadoes, etc. If it happens too quickly (ala Death Star), it's harder to savor the moment.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 04:20 PM
Scarlet315

If done right, i think it's possible. For instance i can't imagine anyone comicbook lover or not, not wanting to see an overlypowered superman who has been mind controlled by either poison ivy or lex and having someone like batman stopping him. This can do two things, first show how powerful superman really is and actually show the best of both characters.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 04:38 PM
Scarlet315 is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet315 a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet315 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote