KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » MONGUL jr vs quasar

MONGUL jr vs quasar
Started by: mighty adam

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mighty adam

MONGUL jr vs quasar

This is mongul Jr from the corps vs quasar both fighting to full potential

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 07:02 PM
mighty adam is currently offline Click here to Send mighty adam a Private Message Find more posts by mighty adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mighty adam

MJ is stronger faster and a more skilled warrior but quasar probably I's more skill with using his powers he has been using the bands for a long time.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 07:05 PM
mighty adam is currently offline Click here to Send mighty adam a Private Message Find more posts by mighty adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Quasar.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 10:46 PM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mighty adam

MJ was beating sinestro till the ring failsafe. And I believe sinestro would beat quasar. I don't see why you think quasar would win. MJ with out his ring could beat him, with the rings its even easier.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 11:10 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Quasar.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 11:11 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mighty adam

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Quasar.
care to explain why? I know he's shields are crazy and all and he's beat some good comp but I'm not seeing wat your seeing. On top of that MJ got like 5 rings. With out the rings his fighting skills are up there and his strength not as high as his dads but I don't think many people were. He has ok durability and more so with rings.

Last edited by mighty adam on Apr 12th, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 11:16 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Why did you make the thread, then, if you don't think Quasar could win?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 11:18 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mighty adam

Originally posted by -Pr-
Why did you make the thread, then, if you don't think Quasar could win?
just cuz I think he's not gonna win doesn't mean a good case can't be made for him.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 11:22 PM
Horrificus

Originally posted by mighty adam
MJ was beating sinestro till the ring failsafe. And I believe sinestro would beat quasar. I don't see why you think quasar would win. MJ with out his ring could beat him, with the rings its even easier.
I'm not being a dick, but have you read ALL of Quasar. I'm asking because not a lot of people have. Then they get kooky in here when I talk about him being a "boss".

Quasar is probably the most powerful "sleeper" in all of comics. His feats are crazy, his powers are off the chart and his enemies have been some very bad guys. But, he has also been written a couple times where he got easily beaten in ways that should never have even hurt him.

I'm not totally sure what they are doing with him right now, or what his power-set is. But, his norm was complete and absolute control of the entire electromagnetic spectrum. He can control, pretty much all power and energy, except for antimatter. He has shut down high level characters, including the Watcher, within seconds.

He has also had cosmic awareness.

His light constructs are the weakest power he has. Even though I have actually posted scans of some of the most powerful characters in 616, hammering and blasting and cutting away at his shields, with no effect, while he holds a casual conversation.

Speed, opening, closing and traveling through dimensional doors that he makes himself.

I'm missing a lot too. Too tired right now.

Don't get me wrong, Mongul Jr. as a Nightmare and Sinestro, well... you just hit on one of my "Secret Favorites".

As a matter of fact, I think that in many cases, there aren't a lot of characters that could really beat a Sinestro that is intent on winning. He is the Hal Jordan of the bad guys.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 11:24 PM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

In truth, out of all the recent ring-wearing converts, Mongul Jr. is one of my favorites.

But, my all time favorite is now and will always be...

Bowl-cut Guy Gardner with Sinestro's ring.

Can't help it. THAT was a great character.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 11:27 PM
mighty adam

I've read a good bit and yes I agree 110% he's a sleeper powerhouse I got a comic where his shields tank hits from galactus. All jobbing aside I think he should win a great deal of possible matches you could put him in. As long as I been on these forums people respected him. I guess he just gets over looked kinda like captain atom.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 11:32 PM
Horrificus

Originally posted by mighty adam
I've read a good bit and yes I agree 110% he's a sleeper powerhouse I got a comic where his shields tank hits from galactus. All jobbing aside I think he should win a great deal of possible matches you could put him in. As long as I been on these forums people respected him. I guess he just gets over looked kinda like captain atom.
Well, there are more popular characters in his tier. Plus, he gets short-changed a lot for his defeat by Annihilus.

I totally agree about Captain Atom. I have no idea why, but he gets ignored. And, he is an absolute badass! Extremely powerful character.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 11:47 PM
mighty adam

Originally posted by Horrificus
Well, there are more popular characters in his tier. Plus, he gets short-changed a lot for his defeat by Annihilus.

I totally agree about Captain Atom. I have no idea why, but he gets ignored. And, he is an absolute badass! Extremely powerful character.
yea the annihilus thing was bad but atom getting raped by Mary marvel hurt my heart.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2013 12:43 AM
mighty adam

I like glads even tho he jobs still a decent character with some good fights

Old Post Apr 13th, 2013 12:44 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Before the reboot, Atom was ignored mostly because for the most part, he was a poor man's Silver Surfer. Thankfully since then, he's received a bump.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 13th, 2013 12:49 AM
Senor Cage

I think mongul will give him one hell of a fight. Afterall, hr did tske on the glc by himself.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2013 12:52 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I'm thinking that Mongul has this after a prolonged fight (about 12 panels). His strength advantage is key here, which could be used to shatter Quasar's restraints, or constructs like many class 100's have in the past. Now if you gave the Q Bands to the Hulk, or Hercules, the fight would be more evenly matched.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2013 12:58 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Originally posted by Stoic
I'm thinking that Mongul has this after a prolonged fight (about 12 panels). His strength advantage is key here, which could be used to shatter Quasar's restraints, or constructs like many class 100's have in the past. Now if you gave the Q Bands to the Hulk, or Hercules, the fight would be more evenly matched.

That's not fair. Hercules or anyone else you mentioned would be able to wield the quantum bands as effectively as Wendell, so their jump in physical stats would just take away the effectiveness of the bands.

I think mongul jr could hit him hard with the combination of his physical strengths and multiple rings (sucks the number of his fingers are inconsistent so we can't get a accurate number of rings) make him a power house. He took multiple GLs with what seemed like any real effort never mind the fight with sinestro where the failsafe needed to be used to deal with him.
But beyond his physical durability how is his defenses with the rings? I can't remember any defensive use and Quasar has impressive shields at his disposal.

If mongul can get within a certain range he can ware Quasar down and win. quasar has the potential to destroy him but I doubt he would take the majority.

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Apr 13th, 2013 01:10 AM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sh3nG L0nG
Armor King's puppeteer

I need to start reading more captain atom, didn't his book get cancelled?

Old Post Apr 13th, 2013 01:11 AM
Sh3nG L0nG is currently offline Click here to Send Sh3nG L0nG a Private Message Find more posts by Sh3nG L0nG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Mongul Jr. would not be able to do anything remotely like this:

Hulk, Thor, Hercules, Wonder Man, Wolverine, the Thing and many, many more, all going insane, bloodlusted, trying to get through to the sweet gooey filling inside of Quasar's shield.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Here, we see Power Gem Drax, on the inside, pounding at the Hulk, with no effect on the shield.
(please log in to view the image)

Thanos finally tips the scales and adds his power to all of the rest, together, they succeed in breaking the shield.

Still, Quasar's power is able to keep Thanos from crushing the heads of Hulk and Thing together, right after he makes his statement about being "strength personified".

Old Post Apr 13th, 2013 02:27 AM