KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » What If Deathstroke did to Batman what Ock did to Spider-Man

What If Deathstroke did to Batman what Ock did to Spider-Man
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
golem370

What If Deathstroke did to Batman what Ock did to Spider-Man

What if Slade some how switched bodies with Batman and then destroyed his former body with Wayne in it, How would that change things? How would Slade do as Batman? So its a vs in that can Slade do a better job as Batman then Wayne and how long do you think it would last? Also would the JLA knowing that Wayne died in Slades body put away Slade or would they try and deal with it?

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 07:40 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

So would wade have phantom Bruce in his head stopping him from shooting people and possibly nudging him into decisions?

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 07:45 PM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Well, physically, he'd be getting a downgrade.

And on the whole, no, he wouldn't do a better job as Batman than Bruce. Tactically speaking, he'd be fine, but Slade's a master assassin/soldier/mercenary. Actually solving crimes isn't his forte.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 07:46 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

yes, he's an inferior detective, criminalist.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 07:48 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Yeah but he wouldn't have the mental block to put down a bad guy like Wayne does so less villains less crime and a safer Gotham.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 07:49 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by golem370
Yeah but he wouldn't have the mental block to put down a bad guy like Wayne does so less villains less crime and a safer Gotham.

That in of itself would cause problems. The Bat Family alone would attempt to bring him down and know pretty quickly that something's not right with "Bruce". That's without the League being drawn in.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 07:52 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

But if Batman is dead no way to bring him back then Gotham might fall. Even if DS is Batman he would be better then nothing.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 08:17 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by golem370
But if Batman is dead no way to bring him back then Gotham might fall. Even if DS is Batman he would be better then nothing.

You asked in the OP if Slade can do a better job as Batman than Bruce, correct? Regardless of whether Bruce can come back or not, Slade isn't going to do a better job of being Batman.

Sure, he'll kill criminals, but that in of itself won't make him better (and really, considering what Batman is about as a symbol, most definitely worse). A lot of what Batman does isn't just kicking bad guy's asses. He solves crimes and unravels clues to bigger threats. Slade, while exceptional when it comes to waging war and combat, isn't a detective.

All in all, the question is subjective as is the term "better", but Gotham City certainly won't be better off with Slade running around than Bruce.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 08:28 PM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

The real question is What if Batman did to Deathstroke what Ock did to Spider-Man?

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 08:32 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

And technically, Slade has already assumed the guise of Batman before.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 08:32 PM
Omega Vision

I remember, I did it once. stick out tongue

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 08:33 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The minute Bruce kills someone, he'd have Superman flying to Gotham to find out what the hell happened.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 08:35 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I think even without Slade killing people, he's going to tip off Alfred and the others.

Alfred knew instantly that Tommy Elliot/Hush wasn't Bruce after he had his plastic surgery to troll Bruce post R.I.P.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 08:37 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah, true.

For someone that claims to be solitary, he sure has a LOT of people that he interacts with on a day to day basis.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 08:40 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by -Pr-
Yeah, true.

For someone that claims to be solitary, he sure has a LOT of people that he interacts with on a day to day basis.

Superman is probably more solitary than he is. Hell, most of the League is.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 08:43 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Superman is probably more solitary than he is. Hell, most of the League is.

Yup.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 08:44 PM
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

If this is the same situation as spiderman doesn't Wade get memories? He isn't stupid or have such a overbearing personality as Ock. I think he could easily pluck those memories out Being used to accessing 90% of his brain and act the part as convincingly as possible. Won't last forever but he can play the role to avoid suspicion for some time.

It will end just like things with the avengers for spidey. He will take advantage of his knowledge of the criminal element and his own skill set and brutally take crime down. Maybe not kill with the mental block of Bruce in his head (you said same situation so I'm using same situation) but he would leave amputees and broken men in his wake. If/when he helps the justice league they will notice so either they, the bat family or the combination of both take him down.

He will clear alot of crime from gotham but as the 'rules' are thrown out the window it will only escalate to a higher and more violent degree later on.

GAMMA GIDEON

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 08:44 PM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It'll be tricky if he spends time around Aquaman/J'onn too, with them being telepaths.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 08:48 PM
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Originally posted by -Pr-
It'll be tricky if he spends time around Aquaman/J'onn too, with them being telepaths.

True but would they poke into batmans head because he is acting a little out of character? I'm assuming all this is in character.

GAMMA GIDEON

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 09:32 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by SevenShackles
True but would they poke into batmans head because he is acting a little out of character? I'm assuming all this is in character.

If he was THAT much ooc, then yeah I think so.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 09:41 PM