KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » True Gog Vs The Serpent

True Gog Vs The Serpent
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

True Gog Vs The Serpent

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 06:30 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Gog seemed more impressive despite getting his knee cap busted by citizen steel, serpent's only impressive thing was breaking caps shield and his heralds.. Other than that he was fing fang foom for a couple of minutes then got shanked to death.

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 06:35 AM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

^ By the Odinsword, yes. Not exactly a bad showing.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 06:57 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

The Serpent

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 03:27 PM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Serpent, hard.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 04:31 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SevenShackles
Gog seemed more impressive despite getting his knee cap busted by citizen steel, serpent's only impressive thing was breaking caps shield and his heralds.. Other than that he was fing fang foom for a couple of minutes then got shanked to death.

If we learned one thing from that arc is that you don't mess with Steel. wink Gog steps on Serpent.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 06:25 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Originally posted by Golgo13
Gog steps on Serpent.

thumb up

Serpent and that entire event was fail of the highest order.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 06:29 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Neither really did much but stand around and create Heralds but the Serpent had far more hype (Had all the Hell Lords pissing their pants at his coming) and created the Worthy with a wave of his hand.

And Gog is apparently not able to do much if his head is separated from the ground/his body so the Serpent breaks him.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Jul 9th, 2013 at 06:34 PM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 06:31 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
And Gog is apparently not able to do much if his head is separated from the ground/his body so the Serpent breaks him.

That's a big "if".

Remember, it was Gog's power that was used against him to decapitate him (via the staff wielded by Gog the herald). Whether or not someone like the Serpent can replicate that is up in the air. On panel, the Serpent did absolutely nothing to place him above low trans, IMO.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 06:49 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The fact that Thunderbolt wasn't able to incapacitate Gog on his own speaks volumes, imo.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 06:51 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by zopzop
thumb up

Serpent and that entire event was fail of the highest order.
How well you enjoyed an arc isn't a debating factor.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 06:52 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Galan007
The fact that Thunderbolt wasn't able to incapacitate Gog on his own speaks volumes, imo.

thumb up

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 06:53 PM
ODG

Originally posted by Cogito
That's a big "if".

Remember, it was Gog's power that was used against him to decapitate him (via the staff wielded by Gog the herald). Whether or not someone like the Serpent can replicate that is up in the air. On panel, the Serpent did absolutely nothing to place him above low trans, IMO.
This statement is almost offensive. Low Trans characters generally don't create seven Thor-level characters, or enslave Midgard, or manipulate fear on a global scale, or require the Odinsword to defeat them. Low Trans characters definitely can't shatter Cap's shield like a tortilla.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 07:18 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

You see, this is the problem with the JSA. They are too powerful of a team. The Imp should rightfully own Gog and be more powerful then the entire JSA combined but all it did was....blast Gog. And even then, other members were more effective in that regard.

The Imp was present when Black Adam was raping their faces and was also similarly ineffective. Tbh, the Imp might as well be Monica Rambeau sometimes.

I'm not trying to be difficult, it just pisses me off. Probably because I'm a Thor fan and I hate to see a character job while on a team.

Originally posted by Cogito
That's a big "if".

I'm confused as to why you think that changes anything? Does Gog have some sort of weakness to his own power? And we saw Steel knock him over. Damage or whatever his name did significant damage to his armor as well IIRC. So while it's tough, hardly unbreakable.

Low trans? Lol.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Jul 9th, 2013 at 07:25 PM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 07:23 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

You see, this is the problem with the JSA. They are too powerful of a team. The Imp should rightfully own Gog and be more powerful then the entire JSA combined but all it did was....blast Gog. And even then, other members were more effective in that regard.

The Imp was present when Black Adam was raping their faces and was also similarly ineffective. Tbh, the Imp might as well be Monica Rambeau sometimes.

I'm not trying to be difficult, it just pisses me off. Probably because I'm a Thor fan and I hate to see a character job while on a team.
The thing about T-bolt is that he can't do jack shit unless Jakeem orders him to. That's how DC limits his power.

Lol, phuckin Thorbags. thumb down

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 07:28 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Originally posted by quanchi112
How well you enjoyed an arc isn't a debating factor.

I know but the Serpent still loses.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 07:29 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Gog wins.

I'm confused as to why you think that changes anything? Does Gog have some sort of weakness to his own power? And we saw Steel knock him over. Damage or whatever his name did significant damage to his armor as well IIRC. So while it's tough, hardly unbreakable.

Low trans? Lol.

Thunderbolt being in-effective on Gog can't mean that Gog is just that poerful, right?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 07:31 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

The thing about T-bolt is that he can't do jack shit unless Jakeem orders him to. That's how DC limits his power.

Lol, phuckin Thorbags. thumb down

Meh, just depower the Thunderbolt. Otherwise Jakeem looks like a retard.

Was reading through the collection randomly and Kingdom Come Superman took on the JSA too. If I see the team trying to physically tackle one more person...

We're the best type of fan and you know it.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Jul 9th, 2013 at 07:47 PM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 07:44 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I didn't care for Fear Itself.

But Serpent's hype was phucking ridiculous high. And the stuff he actually did on panel (creating Thor-ish level beings, forcing Odin to ravage an entire world and be willing to do so again just to stop him, needing extreme plot device to kill outright, treating Cap's shield like it was a toy, etc.) is enough for him to be low skyfather level, imho.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 09:01 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I didn't care for Fear Itself.

But Serpent's hype was phucking ridiculous high. And the stuff he actually did on panel (creating Thor-ish level beings, forcing Odin to ravage an entire world and be willing to do so again just to stop him, needing extreme plot device to kill outright, treating Cap's shield like it was a toy, etc.) is enough for him to be low skyfather level, imho.

Where do you rank Gog?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 09:07 PM