KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Surfer vs Magneto & Vulcan*

Surfer vs Magneto & Vulcan*
Started by: janus77

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
janus77
Banana Genius

Surfer vs Magneto & Vulcan*

*Could Surfer overpower Magneto's magnetism powers and Vulcan's energy absorption/manipulation powers?

Ofcourse entirely speculative as no direct evidence is available, but just wanna see some ... speculation/argumentation.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 11:17 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

Isnt surfers skin made of a nigh indestructible metallic material?

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 12:01 AM
TheDude666 is currently offline Click here to Send TheDude666 a Private Message Find more posts by TheDude666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Nope. It's pure "Power Cosmic", just looks "metallic".
Surfer's skin has been called "cosmic glaze" or some such before, but it's never been described as metallic and never shown any such characteristics, afaik.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 12:03 AM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yaadaveyaa

surfer wins 9/10 maybe 10/10 i just like mags so im giving him a win some where in there

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 12:04 AM
yaadaveyaa is currently offline Click here to Send yaadaveyaa a Private Message Find more posts by yaadaveyaa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

Yeah theres nothing mags can do here or vulcan, surfer wins

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 12:05 AM
TheDude666 is currently offline Click here to Send TheDude666 a Private Message Find more posts by TheDude666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

It's not a direct fight (I don't think they'd stand a chance against Surfer).

It's basically a contest, where Surfer has to overpower Magneto's magnetism and Vulcan's energy absorption/manipulation.

Imagine both Surfer and Magneto are attempting to flip a coin, at a distance. Surfer wants heads, Magneto tails ... they use magnetism to accomplish the task, who would succeed.

Similarly, Surfer and Vulcan try and contain/manipulate the sun's energies, who does better?

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 12:14 AM
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

Surfer in both

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 12:21 AM
golem370

Magneto is a master of Electromagnetic Spectrum which may include Cosmic Radiation which might me he could control SS power source.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 12:41 AM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Team.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 01:07 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Surfer rapes them.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 01:11 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I know that I'm going against the grain here, but this fight seems tailor made for Magneto, and Vulcan to win. Vulcan should be able to defeat the Surfer all by himself due to his power set. He's more than likely to exploit the hell out of the PC just like Arm'Cheddon did to him. While Magneto is just there for the ride.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 02:13 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Surfer wins If he gets serious

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 02:29 AM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

So Op is essentially asking if the Surfer can out Magneto, Magneto and if he can out Vulcan, Vulcan.

Hell no and Maybe.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 03:07 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Magneto.
Surfer.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 03:10 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Hmm I initially saw this as more of fight against both. But now that I looked at the thread again I see that's not the case. Janus are you asking whether Surfer can resist them in essence if they tried to use their powers on him? Or more of whether he is superior to them in the individual aspects they excel at?

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 03:19 AM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dmills
So Op is essentially asking if the Surfer can out Magneto, Magneto and if he can out Vulcan, Vulcan.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 07:19 AM
janus77
Banana Genius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Naija boy
Hmm I initially saw this as more of fight against both. But now that I looked at the thread again I see that's not the case. Janus are you asking whether Surfer can resist them in essence if they tried to use their powers on him? Or more of whether he is superior to them in the individual aspects they excel at?

The latter.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 07:19 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Vulcan, sure why not? Magneto? Not IMO. I haven't seen any particularly impressive EM manipulation from surfer.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 07:28 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

Surfers board >> vulcans absorption & surfer>>>>>vulcan energy manip

surfer can change any aspect of the electromagnetic spectrum as he see's fit, >>>>mags has complete control over it, but cannot change it

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 08:14 AM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Individually, yes (if he's serious and not being stupid). Both at the same time, no way.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 08:22 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote