KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Measure these guys on the Herc scale.

Measure these guys on the Herc scale.
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

Measure these guys on the Herc scale.

If you were to measure how many Hercs these guys below are, how many Hercs would they weigh in as? Let me make it very clear so that no one gets it wrong. When I say Hercs I do not mean individual Hercs, but one composite being with multipliers of 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x...Etc... 100x, 40x etc...etc.

There are no implications involved with the order as it is not a gauntlet.

Thanos
Despero
HP Doomsday
Tyrant
Orion
Thor
Superman
Silver Surfer
Zeus

Again the question is; how man multipliers of Hercs within one being, would it take to physically overcome these guys individually (as in one on one)?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 01:42 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Re: Measure these guys on the Herc scale.

Thanos 2 Hercs, probably none
Despero 1 Herc
HP Doomsday 1 Herc
Tyrant 5 Hercs
Orion 1 Herc
Thor 1 Herc
Superman 1 Herc
Silver Surfer 1 Herc
Zeus 5 Hercs

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 01:48 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Well they all above him lol

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 01:56 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Thanos: Several, depends on the version
Despero: At least 2-3, maybe more depending on version
HP Doomsday: 3-4
Tyrant: Don't know
Orion: 2
Thor: 2
Superman: 2
Silver Surfer: 1
Zeus: A lot

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 02:53 AM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Re: Re: Measure these guys on the Herc scale.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Thanos 2 Hercs, probably none
Despero 1 Herc
HP Doomsday 1 Herc
Tyrant 5 Hercs
Orion 1 Herc
Thor 1 Herc
Superman 1 Herc
Silver Surfer 1 Herc
Zeus 5 Hercs

No way Carv.

Thanos=5 Hercs
Despero=2 Hercs
HP Doomsday=2 Hercs
Tyrant=12 Hercs
Orion=1.5 Hercs
Thor=1 Herc
Superman=1.5 Hercs
Silver Surfer=1 Herc
Zeus=10 Hercs

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 03:05 AM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Re: Re: Re: Measure these guys on the Herc scale.

Originally posted by Raisen
No way Carv.

Thanos=5 Hercs
Despero=2 Hercs
HP Doomsday=2 Hercs
Tyrant=12 Hercs
Orion=1.5 Hercs
Thor=1 Herc
Superman=1.5 Hercs
Silver Surfer=1 Herc
Zeus=10 Hercs

I can agree with this. Herc have some of the best fts when it comes to strength though so its arguable if a lot of people here are stronger than him.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 03:41 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Re: Re: Re: Re: Measure these guys on the Herc scale.

I can agree with this. Herc have some of the best fts when it comes to strength though so its arguable if a lot of people here are stronger than him.

but it's not just about strength, it's about overcoming. some of these guys have major damage soak. Surfer is my fav next to Hulk, but he can be taken out by one herc if surfer doesn't have a chance to amp. Guys like Thanos, Tyrant, and Zeus have incredible durability and damage soak.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 03:45 AM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Measure these guys on the Herc scale.

Originally posted by Raisen
but it's not just about strength, it's about overcoming. some of these guys have major damage soak. Surfer is my fav next to Hulk, but he can be taken out by one herc if surfer doesn't have a chance to amp. Guys like Thanos, Tyrant, and Zeus have incredible durability and damage soak.

I think this thread is about strength though, not overall power.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 04:26 AM
Raisen

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Measure these guys on the Herc scale.

I think this thread is about strength though, not overall power.

it's about how many hercs it would take to physically overpower the other. that has to due with durability and damage soak also

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 04:28 AM
Diesldude

Since Herc's liver withstood a force of 133 hercs, does that make him greater than all in this thread?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 04:36 AM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Why not? Fing Fang from what Naija said was 17.5 Hercs when he got his amp and WWH killed him with a thunder clap and one punched him as well. Pak overpowered the hell out of Hulk. I didn't even know about all that until Rage brought it to my attention.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 04:42 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

anyone have that breakdown by cho as to how he developed that herc scale? can't remember which issue he explained it in

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 05:30 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

The actual quantifiable Herc scale I think only applied to mystical/magical beings and/or mystical/magical energy. Also it was a energy per blow/ per attack scale and not simply a measurement of how many hercules' it takes to equal a particular character. Still it uses the maximum amount of energy Hercules could expend per blow as its base unit so I guess rough estimates could be made for these characters despite some of them not being mystical.

That being said barring the likes of Tyrant and Zeus, no one else in that list should be anywhere above (and most not even near) 10 hercs and that's being generous.

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Last edited by Naija boy on Jul 12th, 2013 at 05:51 AM

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 05:45 AM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

10 is being too generous. TOO generous.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 05:52 AM
ODG

I don't believe that the Herc unit is as huge as you guys think. "The maximum amount of energy Hercules could expend in one blow" is supposedly a measurement of his best punch.

But I don't believe that is a measurement of a punch that would expend all of Hercules' energy and leave him exhausted to the point of lifelessness. It's just the energy produced as a result of his best punch. Which means, Hercules himself has more than plenty of Hercs inside of him.

Granted, eating and digesting the equivalent of 133 full-force Hercules punches is still a tremendous feat. But it would be a bastardization to suggest he ate the equivalent of 133 Hercules characters.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 08:26 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by ODG
I don't believe that the Herc unit is as huge as you guys think. "The maximum amount of energy Hercules could expend in one blow" is supposedly a measurement of his best punch.

But I don't believe that is a measurement of a punch that would expend all of Hercules' energy and leave him exhausted to the point of lifelessness. It's just the energy produced as a result of his best punch. Which means, Hercules himself has more than plenty of Hercs inside of him.

Granted, eating and digesting the equivalent of 133 full-force Hercules punches is still a tremendous feat. But it would be a bastardization to suggest he ate the equivalent of 133 Hercules characters.

thumb up

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 09:09 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

Originally posted by ODG

Is it 133 full force punches? or is it 133 x the force of Hercules best punch? To survive the former is a great feat, but the latter is simply stupendous, which is probably the how it was measured.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 09:48 AM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

3.7 * 10^956

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 03:24 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Originally posted by Diesldude
Is it 133 full force punches? or is it 133 x the force of Hercules best punch? To survive the former is a great feat, but the latter is simply stupendous, which is probably the how it was measured.
I clumsily equated the two in my explanation, but I understand the distinction you're making. It's more the latter than the former.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 08:14 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote