KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Shuma Gorath vs. Odin

Shuma Gorath vs. Odin
Started by: Sixth_Winged

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sixth_Winged

Shuma Gorath vs. Odin

Shuma Gorath vs. Odin

Most powerful versions apply

Old Post Oct 6th, 2013 07:09 PM
Sixth_Winged is currently offline Click here to Send Sixth_Winged a Private Message Find more posts by Sixth_Winged Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Shuma with ease.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Oct 6th, 2013 07:28 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Shuma with ease.

I wish sad

Odin probably stomps.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2013 09:43 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

If we go by imply powers then Shuma Gorath should win; if not Odin wins especially if it's SA Odin who had abstract like feats.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2013 11:47 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Shuma

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Oct 7th, 2013 01:16 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by the Darkone
If we go by imply powers then Shuma Gorath should win; if not Odin wins especially if it's SA Odin who had abstract like feats.

Odin still has Abstract like feats. Just look at his battle with Galactus.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2013 01:24 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Stoic
Odin still has Abstract like feats. Just look at his battle with Galactus.

Right idea, wrong example.

That Odin/Galactus fight was humiliating for both contestants. But Odin finished looking worse than Galactus.

If anything you should have used the Odin/Seth fight when they were rocking the multiverse, busting galaxies, and re-igniting long dead stars. Three characters with heightened senses : Jean Grey, Surfer, Dr. Strange, thought the battle would end up destroying the entire universe.

That's an abstract like fight with abstract like feats.

Just for giggles, the Odin/Seth fight did more damage than Thanos with the IG vs the entire Cosmic Hierarchy which only managed to destroy 'many' solar systems in the immediate vicinity! LOL phuckin' Marvel.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2013 01:44 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

Originally posted by zopzop

If anything you should have used the Odin/Seth fight when they were
rocking the multiverse, busting galaxies, and re-igniting long dead
stars. Three characters with heightened senses : Jean Grey, Surfer,
Dr. Strange, thought the battle would end up destroying the entire
universe.

Hey there good friend,
I'll never interpret that as "rocking the multiverse" since they didn't
affect anything even remotely close to a single universe. I believe
the culmination of Two Skyfathers battling can and did affect space-time,
and this is what I believe the writer meant by "tearing at the fabric of the multiverse."
That "fabric" is the material it's made of, and that's Space-Time,
which applies to any part of creation. (like even "Dead galaxies")
I wouldn't call this 'hyperbole' more like over glamorization of the
actual affects therein. ("Dead galaxies/Dead suns")

They better start affecting a single live galaxy
before we can take the infinitely larger leap of an entire universe. stick out tongue

Last edited by Mr Master on Oct 7th, 2013 at 02:00 AM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2013 01:58 AM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Mr Master
Hey there good friend,
and this is what I believe the writer meant by "tearing at the fabric of the multiverse."
which applies to any part of creation. I wouldn't call this 'hyperbole'
more like over glamorization of the actual affects therein. ("Dead galaxies/Dead suns")

before we can take the infinitely larger leap of an entire universe. stick out tongue

Oh, I hear you Mr. M. Still, hyperbole or not, Marvel needs to tone down the Asgardian wanking.......................a lot.

As to the thread, who do you think takes it?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2013 02:01 AM
operator616

Based on feats: Odin.

Based on hyperboles: Still Odin, since he has been called omnipotent in more issues than Shuma has even appeared.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2013 04:24 PM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brockalizer
A midget among dwarves.

IIRC Shuma is pretty much invincible, except against high powered magic, which Odin has in spades. Unless he can tag in Akuma or Dark Ryu for a Hyper Combo, Odin should win.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2013 04:53 PM
Brockalizer is currently offline Click here to Send Brockalizer a Private Message Find more posts by Brockalizer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Until convinced otherwise, I'll say Shuma takes this after a hard fight.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2013 04:59 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Would this not depend on if they are in Shumas realm or not? I believe Shuma is originally intended to be quite a bit more powerful than a Skyfather but I couldbbe wrong.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2013 05:04 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robbie_Rotten
Rotten

If they're both written properly, then Shuma-Gorath would wreck Odin. However, with current Marvel's huge obsession and wankery of the Asgardians (probably due to Brevoort) I wouldn't be surprised if a written confrontation were to happen, Shuma'd get impaled by Odin's Asgardian enchanted dingleberry and explode.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2013 05:04 PM
Robbie_Rotten is currently offline Click here to Send Robbie_Rotten a Private Message Find more posts by Robbie_Rotten Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by CortSether
If they're both written properly, then Shuma-Gorath would wreck Odin. However, with current Marvel's huge obsession and wankery of the Asgardians (probably due to Brevoort) I wouldn't be surprised if a written confrontation were to happen, Shuma'd get impaled by Odin's Asgardian enchanted dingleberry and explode.

Did you see what's going on in Mighty Avengers 2? It looks like you were right about Black Mage Dr. Strange and the Wings of Needless Sorrow.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2013 05:36 PM
Raisen

Shuma is intended to be more powerful. Asgardian wankery is confusing people.

Shuma wins

Old Post Oct 7th, 2013 05:37 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robbie_Rotten
Rotten

Did you see what's going on in Mighty Avengers 2? It looks like you were right about Black Mage Dr. Strange and the Wings of Needless Sorrow.

I'm actually surprised to see that they pulled that artifact out considering how old-school it is, now the most I can hope for is Shuma's defeat being due to a combo of using that and banishment. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they hit Shuma with the nerf bat. They drew him to look like a larger version of his Marvel vs Capcom 3 appearance. I hope the comparison ends there and the writer doesn't decide to piss on fans by having Shuma driven away by Spider-Man pummeling him and yelling out "Maximum Spider!"

I kid but seriously I hope this doesn't end in PIS considering the Wings of Needless Sorrow would be the most logical way of combating Shuma. That weapon is kind of OP but it's pretty awesome at the same time.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2013 05:56 PM
Robbie_Rotten is currently offline Click here to Send Robbie_Rotten a Private Message Find more posts by Robbie_Rotten Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by CortSether
I'm actually surprised to see that they pulled that artifact out considering how old-school it is, now the most I can hope for is Shuma's defeat being due to a combo of using that and banishment. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they hit Shuma with the nerf bat. They drew him to look like a larger version of his Marvel vs Capcom 3 appearance. I hope the comparison ends there and the writer doesn't decide to piss on fans by having Shuma driven away by Spider-Man pummeling him and yelling out "Maximum Spider!"

I kid but seriously I hope this doesn't end in PIS considering the Wings of Needless Sorrow would be the most logical way of combating Shuma. That weapon is kind of OP but it's pretty awesome at the same time.

PS did you know a powerless Dr. Strange, Dormammu had stolen his body AND was fully incarnated on Earth, fought Dormammu to a standstill using NOTHING but the Wings of Needless Sorrow?

So you were right regarding that Arioch/Black Mage Strange fight. The only reason Strange beat Arioch was because of the Wings (they absorb magic).

Old Post Oct 7th, 2013 06:39 PM
Robbie_Rotten
Rotten

PS did you know a powerless Dr. Strange, Dormammu had stolen his body AND was fully incarnated on Earth, fought Dormammu to a standstill using NOTHING but the Wings of Needless Sorrow?

So you were right regarding that Arioch/Black Mage Strange fight. The only reason Strange beat Arioch was because of the Wings (they absorb magic).

Yep, and it also helped in the fight against Shuma-Gorath. We know he was using it then too because Shuma tells Strange that he was draining his power, plus the Wings can be influenced through mental commands.

Did you read Strange Tales II #4 where the WoNS made its first appearance? It's actually pretty cool and shows just how crazy the WoNS is.

It was found by a fisherman on the coast of Hong Kong and as soon as he brought it to his wife, Hong Kong started having a mass of sudden homicides by people who would never be the type to murder under normal circumstances. Strange sees the aftermath of one instance where it causes a guy to butcher his wife of six months with a knife in public, then after the murder he starts kneeling over her corpse and crying how he always loved her and couldn't have killed her.

(please log in to view the image)

"They were married for six months. Happy, by all accounts. No problems. Now this...Just took a knife to her - And sits there crying how much he loved her."

And then once he finds out that it's the WoNS causing everything (the blood of the woman took the shape of the WoNS), he tries to take it from the woman who has it. He finds it being worn by a woman cradling her deaf, blind and ill son. When he tries to examine the WoNS it uses its influence on the woman's husband to stop him from taking it. It's able to make the man's grip so strong that Strange can't break free and is unable to use his spells.

"His Grip - I can't break it! My spells don't work! The talisman is protecting itself through him!"

Strange also describes how dangerous the Wings of Needless Sorrow is:

"Just as the Ancients said - This is the heart of every senseless act of despair - Every destruction that arises from a feeling that nothing matters. Whoever wields it wields unutterable power - The power to force the destruction of joy - And it has the perfect foil in a woman whose only joy has been wasting away."

As if the homicides weren't enough, the WoNS influences a huge crowd of people to connect showers to drums of petrol and hold lighters in the air so they'll cook themselves alive when the gasoline pours out of the shower heads. Strange is only able to prevent it by becoming the new host for the WoNS.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

And even with the WoNS taken away, Strange still says misfortune will follow the family that found it - the little boy will die, then the mother will die from a broken heart, and the husband will follow. Becoming the WoNS's new host is what finally makes Strange impure enough to use the Eye of Agamotto.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2013 12:05 AM
dynamix

Originally posted by Mr Master
Hey there good friend,
which applies to any part of creation. (like even "Dead galaxies")
I wouldn't call this 'hyperbole' more like over glamorization of the
actual affects therein. ("Dead galaxies/Dead suns")

totally agree with this.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2013 12:21 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote