KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman throws a punch (full might)

Superman throws a punch (full might)
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

Superman throws a punch (full might)

Superman believes that the person that you choose, has killed Wonder Woman, and he loves her with all of his heart in this scenario. Which character Trans tier and below could palm the punch? He is sun dipped, and prepared to destroy this foe.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 05:41 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Face equals gone.

WWH's face is mush.

Hyperion II's face is mush.

8th Day Juggernaut's face is mush.

Current Thor's face is mush.

This is Superman, even in the DCNU he has high end feats that are stupid.

Only my avi could dish it if we're going transherald down.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 05:45 AM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaxthejester
Visit The Halls of Hulk!

A single punch in this form would drop most foes of like power-level.

For DC:

Captain Marvel
Zod
Martian Manhunter
Black Adam
Etc.

A direct single punch K.O. is certainly possible.
He can already harm foes of this "like caliber", and he has faced at least two on this list with "gloves off" mentality.
The result was typically not a one-punch K.O.
Adding Sun-Dip and retarded amounts of anger are giving him the bump for the one-shot-drop here.
But he's not going to put his fist through Black Adam's head in a single punch.
Even if he just watched BA double team Lois (or WW) with Captain Marvel and post it to Youtube.

But he would likely break a jaw, and quite possibly knock him/them TFO.

For Marvel:

Gladiator
Blue Marvel
Hyperion
Thor
Etc.

I won't argue semantics over cross-genre power levels.
These are characters I consider "capable of throwing down with normal Superman", and landing a win on occasion.

And much like Zod (or any other Mega Class brick of this caliber), I would see a full powered angry Sun-Dipped Supes as "capable" of laying Blue Marvel out.
But not killing him, or destroying his face, with a single punch.

Against the likes of:

Colossus, Thing, Wrecker, etc.- Death.

A standard Class 100 would die. Period.

But against the likes of:

Superboy Prime
WB Hulk
Juggernaut
Ion (pick one)
HP/Doomsday
Etc.

...A nice bloody nose.
Maybe a black eye.
But far more punches are needed.
Not saying the death of Wonder Woman wouldn't drive him, but an all out blitz of punches are more in order for this caliber of foe.
Not a single punch.

The Jax Bottom Line :

An angry Superman could likely whoop a calm Superman.
A Sun-Dipped Angry Superman could likely whoop a normal angry Superman.
But even Sun-Dipped and seeing red... he's not going to transcend on the spot. He's still Superman.
He was very angry when SBP and DD nearly killed him. Sometimes... very angry just isn't enough.
He's still modern Superman. He doesn't have a "Hulk" type power-set.
Silver Age Superman does not manifest simply because of normal Superman anger. Regardless of degree.

That said- an emotionally blitzed, Sun Charged Superman should be capable of knocking out a normally "relatively same league" foe with a single pissed off uber-haymaker.

He may well be able to lay out Modern Thor with a single punch, if Supes is at this level of rage and Thor is not.
But he's not going to one-shot Odin. Regardless of rage degree.

That's my two cents.

Come visit Mickeys Tavern!

Just Google "Mickeys Tavern Comics"
Or click my Avatar and click on my "Home Page."
We would love to see you there!

Last edited by jaxthejester on Dec 13th, 2013 at 06:16 AM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 06:12 AM
jaxthejester is currently offline Click here to Send jaxthejester a Private Message Find more posts by jaxthejester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I honestly can't think of many Trans tiered beings who could palm a sundipped and bloodlusted Superman's punch. Survive, sure. But actually palm it?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 06:14 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathlife

Doomsday
World Breaker Hulk

That's all I can think of.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 06:56 AM
deathlife is currently offline Click here to Send deathlife a Private Message Find more posts by deathlife Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaxthejester
Visit The Halls of Hulk!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by deathlife
Doomsday
World Breaker Hulk

That's all I can think of.

I think you have the right idea.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 07:03 AM
jaxthejester is currently offline Click here to Send jaxthejester a Private Message Find more posts by jaxthejester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

I was going to say Squirrel Girl, then I noticed the stip about Trans level and below.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 07:15 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Luke Cage

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 07:30 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Lois. Superman realizes that while he loved WW with all his heart, he loves Lois with all his heart and more. Then he becomes Lois's b_tch as it is meant to be.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 07:52 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

WBH would palm Warner Bros

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 08:01 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

PG Champion

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 08:08 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

All Star Superman?

Maybe a sun dipped Kingdom Come Superman?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 10:18 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

Kuurth

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 10:28 AM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaxthejester
Visit The Halls of Hulk!

Originally posted by Mshinu
Kuurth

True.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 12:07 PM
jaxthejester
Visit The Halls of Hulk!

Shadowcat. cool

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 12:07 PM
jaxthejester
Visit The Halls of Hulk!

Some other possibles:

Manthing
Shaggy Man
Plastic Man
Hope or Rogue (with the correct mutants on hand).
Classic (killable) Thanos

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 12:16 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by jaxthejester
Shadowcat. cool

W/o phasing even. Superman is neither super nor a man, he's gonna break his hand on Kitty's cheek and take her place in X-Kitchen.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 12:18 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaxthejester
Visit The Halls of Hulk!

Originally posted by psycho gundam
WBH would palm Warner Bros

At early World Breaker levels (first fight with Arm'Cheddon), I think Supes "could" still drop him with a mega hit.
It really depends on the point at which we insert him into that power ramp.
At late HotM levels, I don't think physical force is really a concern for Hulk any longer.
He is as much energy as flesh at that point, and growing by the moment.

Supes chances of "one shoting" WBH would strong vary based on when you dropped him in.

Hulk ramped up to insane levels over the course of that run.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 12:24 PM
jaxthejester
Visit The Halls of Hulk!

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
W/o phasing even. Superman is neither super nor a man, he's gonna break his hand on Kitty's cheek and take her place in X-Kitchen.

laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 12:25 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

He would kill almost everybody in trans tier with such a punch. With less than a minute's sundip he would've killed Vera Black with Worloggog.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/168...ned-10.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/168...ned-13.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/168...ned-14.jpg.html

She saw it too.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/168...ned-06.jpg.html

While before that she no sold a full superman punch to the face.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/168...ned-11.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/168...d-12_2.jpg.html

Look up at what worloggog has done. It has made people omnipotent.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 04:56 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote