KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Renegade Doctor Vs Loki

The Renegade Doctor Vs Loki
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

The Renegade Doctor Vs Loki

Old Post Mar 16th, 2014 03:15 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkRaiden
Black Dynamite's Second

Um...what has this Renegade Doctor done to be on Loki's level? Loki's top tier in magic AND intelligence. Offensively and trickery.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2014 04:04 AM
DarkRaiden is currently offline Click here to Send DarkRaiden a Private Message Find more posts by DarkRaiden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Kinda depends. Do we want to grant him the memories of his predecessors and contemporaries, like every other Doctor? Or are we only giving him the feats from his, I think, 6-issue run?

Oh wait, what am I saying? Doctor stomps regardless. This is just a mismatch. Loki's smart enough to come up with something in prep (provided the prep is lopsided). But this is a forum match.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2014 05:37 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Doctor stomps no contest what so ever.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Mar 16th, 2014 05:40 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

That scan Golgo posted is actually one of the scarier Doctor feats out there (along with the page before it). His powers work based on thought, right? So what the hell is he doing reforming his brain after it's been turned to mush by Apollo? I'm not sure if there's an explanation that works with all of his other showings...there are a couple remote possibilities that are congruent (though neither are likely). Mostly it's just an insane feat that doesn't match with a few other instances, but quite possibly sets an inconceivably high-level precedent for the Doctor's regenerative abilities.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2014 06:00 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

From what I remember of the Renegade Doctor, he said he could do stuff like eat the Sun and so on. Then again, that was Mark Millar being Mark Millar. He had Ultimate Loki saying stuff like he could bend the Universe to his will etc. So let's keep things in perspective and not start tossing them into the Skyfather tier or something. Classic Loki is just as much of a reality warper and has had his power compared to the likes of Dormammu and so on.

That being said, the Renegade Doctor erased dozens of alternate Wildstorm heroes (Majestic, Apollo, Jack copies etc.) easily which I view to be way beyond Loki's capabilities and something closer to Skyfather level.

BUT again, the very reason they were there to be owned in a single panel was because they were disposable, featless, alternate characters that are often treated as fodder.

So I guess I'll give it to the Doctor because his power level was implied to be beyond someone like Loki. Even though he didn't do anything Loki has not been able to accomplish as far as I remember and we already know a bootleg copy of Loki under Mark Millar got the same comments that will be the only thing Carver considers.

Man, that post was a lot longer then I expected. erm

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Mar 16th, 2014 at 06:06 AM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2014 06:01 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote