KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » What is the gap in power level?

How many Thors stacked to Equal Odin in Power?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Between 5 and 10 (specify and give reason) 2 66.67%
Between 10 and 20 (specify and give reason) 0 0%
More than 20 (specify and give reason) 1 33.33%
Total: 3 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

What is the gap in power level?
Started by: h1a8

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
h1a8

What is the gap in power level?

Let's use Thor for the high herald, Thanos as the trans, and Odin as the skyfather. Power here is measured by blast output strength, physical strength, and durability, but not versatility (speed, exotic powers like time control, bfr ability, etc).

What is the average gap between a high herald and a skyfather?
Measure in multiples of Thors stacked in power.

First answer these; then make the conclusion.
1. What is the average gap between a high herald and a trans?
Measure in multiples of Thors stacked in power.

2. What is the average gap between a trans and a skyfather?
Measure in multiples of Thanos stacked in power.

I would go first. I believe about 3 of Thors stacked in power (blast power, strength, durability, etc.) would equal Thanos. I feel Thor with Mjolnir hits can affect Thanos on a low level from the history of showings.

Then, I would say about 3 Thanos can equal Odin.
Thanos didn't quite affect Odin at all when they fought directly. But again Odin has been affected slightly by Thor.

In conclusion, I come up with roughly 9 Thors stacked that can match Odin in strength, blast power, and durability. Please support your opinion. Try not to cherry pick 1 showing. Use various showings in history.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post May 22nd, 2014 03:34 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

This thread is largely useless, because you will then have PIS and CIS showings, as well as WIS (Writer Induced Stupidity).

Old Post May 22nd, 2014 03:39 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Utter garbage

Old Post May 22nd, 2014 03:40 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Over 9000

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 22nd, 2014 03:40 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
This thread is largely useless, because you will then have PIS and CIS showings, as well as WIS (Writer Induced Stupidity).

Well weed them out and take an educated guess based off evidence. It's PIS showings everywhere, in all threads. CIS has nothing to do with this thread. I definied power as blast output strength, physical strength, and durability. Other powers are not included.

This is an important thread to determine where high heralds, trans, and skyfathers stand from each other. Everyone disagrees on the gap. So if someone can offer some good evidence to contribute would be great.

Old Post May 22nd, 2014 03:49 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Endless Mike
Over 9000
Vote on it, and give reasons why? This is physical strength and durability along with average blast output power. Odin with galaxy busting blasts is not his average.

Old Post May 22nd, 2014 03:51 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by h1a8
Well weed them out and take an educated guess based off evidence. It's PIS showings everywhere, in all threads. CIS has nothing to do with this thread. I definied power as blast output strength, physical strength, and durability. Other powers are not included.

This is an important thread to determine where high heralds, trans, and skyfathers stand from each other. Everyone disagrees on the gap. So if someone can offer some good evidence to contribute would be great.

But Thor has a very specific attack, when he becomes one with Mjolnir.

Does he bust it out in every comic? Of course not. Does he bust it out every...10 comics? No. The Godblast is an attack that at any one time, Thor is capable of performing, but PIS (or, more likely, CIS, as he's not going to throw planet shattering blasts around when he's fighting the Rhino) means that he does not use it.

But he is still able to bust it out when called upon. It's not like he has to gain a specific powerup etc to do so.

So in relation to this thread, Thor's Godblast exceeds what Thanos can throw out on average. Just because he doesn't use it, does not mean he cannot use it.

Old Post May 22nd, 2014 04:00 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
But Thor has a very specific attack, when he becomes one with Mjolnir.

Does he bust it out in every comic? Of course not. Does he bust it out every...10 comics? No. The Godblast is an attack that at any one time, Thor is capable of performing, but PIS (or, more likely, CIS, as he's not going to throw planet shattering blasts around when he's fighting the Rhino) means that he does not use it.

But he is still able to bust it out when called upon. It's not like he has to gain a specific powerup etc to do so.

So in relation to this thread, Thor's Godblast exceeds what Thanos can throw out on average. Just because he doesn't use it, does not mean he cannot use it.
Oh I see. Well I wasn't even thinking about the Godblast at all. I was thinking of lightning, random energy blasts, vortexes, and other stuff.

Old Post May 23rd, 2014 04:39 AM