KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Harald Jaekelsson Vs Anton Arcane

Harald Jaekelsson Vs Anton Arcane
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Harald Jaekelsson Vs Anton Arcane

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 03:12 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

HJ.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 03:22 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
HJ.

Even Pre-Flashpoint one?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 03:43 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Depends which incarnation, I suppose. Some were vastly powerful(confirmed by Monitor-tech to be on par with classic Spectre and Trigon), while others were little more than a mediocre threat. All, however, were ultimately beaten by Swamp Thing. Just saying. thumb up

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 03:22 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

Some were vastly powerful(confirmed by Monitor-tech to be on par with classic Spectre and Trigon),

Meh. Although he had Matt's reality-warping powers (Matt developed them earlier, but never showed us full capabilities), he was still not powerful enough to be comparable to Spectre or Trigon.

Also, it should be noted that this was before Trigon's peak depiction in '85 (New Teen Titans)....

Last edited by operator616 on Jun 1st, 2014 at 05:35 PM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 05:31 PM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by operator616
Meh. Although he had Matt's reality-warping powers (Matt developed them earlier, but never showed us full capabilities), he was still not powerful enough to be comparable to Spectre or Trigon.
Monitor-tech just put him in the same tier as Spectre and Trigon--that's not to say he was equal to them, however.

Still impressive, though.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 05:36 PM
operator616

Monitor-tech just put him in the same tier as Spectre and Trigon--that's not to say he was equal to them, however.

Still impressive, though.

That's why i said "comparable", not equal.

Up until that point, Spectre had done some ridiculous shit (even multiversal), so putting him even in the same tier is a bit too much, imho.

...especially how Moore treated Spectre in ST annual #2 (85). Which was around that same time period.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 05:46 PM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Another debate where operator and Galan are actually agreeing with each other, and yet, differ on some minor points big grin

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 05:49 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Another debate where operator and Galan are actually agreeing with each other, and yet, differ on some minor points big grin

Nope. Galan is OK with that version of Arcane being in the same tier with the Spectre and Trigon. While i am not.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 05:52 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by operator616
That's why i said "comparable", not equal.
...Which is what I also just said. Do you purposefully try to fabricate arguments, or are your English-comprehension skills just that bad?

I'll make this as simplistic as possible: Monitor-tech numerically ranked Arcane's power(at the time) in the same ballpark as classic Spectre and Trigon--that's why they were used as a comparison in the first place. Obviously this does not mean he was as powerful as the aforementioned--just numerically comparable.

Easy is easy. thumb up

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 06:12 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

lol it's more fun though when easy is hard.

ps--what's the new sig?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 06:17 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It's Syththunu: an Elder Shadow God depicted in the last arc of JLA(pre-Flashpoint.) A blatant Cthulhu ripoff.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 06:21 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

huh, so we'll never see what it was intended to be? shame. you're kind of a lovecraft guy though right? did it pi$$ you off they blatantly ripped the idea, or were you on board because of it?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 06:25 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

It's Syththunu: an Elder Shadow God depicted in the last arc of JLA(pre-Flashpoint.) A blatant Cthulhu ripoff.

thumb up

There was a whole team of Shadow people. Shade, as always, was top dog.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 06:25 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

...Which is what I also just said. Do you purposefully try to fabricate arguments, or are your English-comprehension skills just that bad?

I'll make this as simplistic as possible: Monitor-tech numerically ranked Arcane's power(at the time) in the same ballpark as classic Spectre and Trigon--that's why they were used as a comparison in the first place. Obviously this does not mean he was as powerful as the aforementioned--just numerically comparable.

Easy is easy. thumb up

Way to miss the point by editing out the rest of my response. thumb up

Re-read my post before jumping into conclusion regarding whose comprehension skills are bad. Whether the monitor tech was saying that they're comparable or not is irrelevant to me, because what i was trying to say is: based on feats, they are not comparable.

You said, in your first response, that they are comparable, while i responded that they are not comparable based on feats.

In your 2nd response You then went on to say, yet again (ignoring my point) that they are comparable. Which i, yet again, responded to: They are not comparable based on feats....

...But for some reason, you then replied with hostility, blaming my supposedly bad comprehension skills while completely missing the point yet again (for the 3rd freakin' time).

talk about bad comprehension skills....

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 06:28 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Lol... Holy semantics war Batman.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 07:00 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by leonidas
huh, so we'll never see what it was intended to be? shame. you're kind of a lovecraft guy though right? did it pi$$ you off they blatantly ripped the idea, or were you on board because of it?

Congorilla matched evenly with it shifty

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 07:02 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by -K-M-
Congorilla matched evenly with it shifty

Congorilla>Sasquatch?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 07:58 PM
carver9

Can't believe I missed this thread. Galan and Operator going at it (sit back and eat popcorn).

Please continue.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 08:02 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by Golgo13
Congorilla>Sasquatch?

Nope. Congorilla's best chance would be in his giant form grab him and try to throw him away for a BFR. However, Sasquatch has fought people who can grow taller then Congorilla

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 08:19 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote