KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » All New Invaders Vs Thor

who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Thor 6 75.00%
Invaders 2 25.00%
Total: 8 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

All New Invaders Vs Thor
Started by: namorsubby

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
namorsubby

All New Invaders Vs Thor

Namor, Captain America, Jim Hammond, Aarkus, and Bucky.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 08:20 PM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Thor.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 08:24 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Bucky kills him

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 08:27 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Invaders.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 10:25 PM
zopzop is online now! Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warrior Madness
God of Thunder

Thor one shots Namor. The other members don't stand a chance.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 11:40 PM
Warrior Madness is currently offline Click here to Send Warrior Madness a Private Message Find more posts by Warrior Madness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Thor would win.

Namor would give him a good fight but would lose, and easily if Thor uses weakness explanation. The rest see irrelevant, they might as well not come to the fight.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 11:59 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

Thors not one shotting Namor. And I'm not sure what is meant by "weakness exploitation". I think Aarkus is the wild card here because I'm not sure of the full extent of his powers or what they all are honestly.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2014 12:06 AM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by namorsubby
Thors not one shotting Namor. And I'm not sure what is meant by "weakness exploitation". I think Aarkus is the wild card here because I'm not sure of the full extent of his powers or what they all are honestly.

He has some psionic powers believe it or not.

Cap throws Namor his shield and he engages Thor while Vision aka Aarkus mentally harasses Thor. The rest of the team is superfluous.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2014 12:31 AM
zopzop is online now! Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

He still wins. Namor gets two-shotted.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2014 12:38 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
He still wins. Namor gets two-shotted.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2014 12:47 AM
namorsubby

I assume that you are not aware of Namor and Thors past encounters. All pretty good fights. Aarkus seems like he is almost definitely the teams most powerful member, but I'm not sure what he'd do specifically. Hammond may have some effect.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2014 12:47 AM
Stoic
Avenger

The first and only scenario that came to mind, was Thor walking in and hitting the team with a concentrated elemental assault that KO's the entire team barring Namor, and then goes to work dominating the monarch of the oceans FTW. Namor is strong, but he just doesn't have the chops to hang with a guy that could polish off a much more powerful team in the form of the Infinity Watch, with the Silver Surfer, and Beta Ray Bill helping them out. In other words, and without a doubt, Thor completely dominates this.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2014 01:02 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Stoic
Namor is strong, but he just doesn't have the chops to hang with a guy that could polish off a much more powerful team in the form of the Infinity Watch, with the Silver Surfer, and Beta Ray Bill helping them out. In other words, and without a doubt, Thor completely dominates this.

Way to ignore context Stoic.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2014 01:04 AM
eaebiakuya

I assume that you are not aware of Namor and Thors past encounters.

They are. Thats why they said Thor could one shot Namor:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...shots_namor.jpg

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2014 01:06 AM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

That was a prolonged fight. And there are many others. If you're gonna BS someone, you should make sure they're not an expert on the subject.

Thor can't even dominate Namor individually according to history but he somehow dominates this team? Illogical to say the least.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2014 01:09 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by zopzop
Way to ignore context Stoic.

Let's call a spade a spade here Zop, and get to the Thor vs Ikaris question. Can Ikaris beat Thor?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2014 01:29 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Let's call a spade a spade here Zop, and get to the Thor vs Ikaris question. Can Ikaris beat Thor?

Sure, why not? It's not like Ikaris is some feeb. Written to his potential he's easily high herald level.

The Ikaris that was fighting the Invaders was mind controlled and he even said he was trying his best to fight the effect and not murder them.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2014 01:32 AM
namorsubby

He said he was trying his best not to hit them with the full extent of his power but that the urge to kill them was overwhelming. What i took from that is that the mind control was so that it would incline him to fight all out, but he was trying not to. Namor faired pretty well against him, too. Also, Aarkus was not in that fight.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2014 01:54 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by zopzop
Sure, why not? It's not like Ikaris is some feeb. Written to his potential he's easily high herald level.

The Ikaris that was fighting the Invaders was mind controlled and he even said he was trying his best to fight the effect and not murder them.

So you believe that Ikaris could defeat Thor, which shows why your first response to this thread was what it was. I can admit that I left out some key points to my first response, but the reason why I used that particular Thor showing, was because he wasn't exactly in his right mind either. Ikaris has had it out with Thor in the past, and I do realize that he is sporting a new Prime Eternal moniker these days. But, has it been proven that this new sparkly title has propelled him to heights that he could not reach in the past?

Is he now too much for Black Bolt to handle? Where is the proof that he has become so much more powerful than the guy that was swatted aside by the Savage Hulk? What proof is there that he would do better against Thor than he did in the past? I'm not saying that he can't, but I'm just saying that I need more than a title to prove that he has earned the right to hang with the real big guns. Thor is, and has proven time and again that he is one of the big guns.

Keep in mind that I am not knocking Ikaris, but he has to be placed under the scrutiny microscope in order to compete with a character like Thor. I believe that Thor would blow this team away, and do it with minimum to medium effort.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2014 01:59 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

So you believe that Ikaris could defeat Thor, which shows why your first response to this thread was what it was. I can admit that I left out some key points to my first response, but the reason why I used that particular Thor showing, was because he wasn't exactly in his right mind either. Ikaris has had it out with Thor in the past, and I do realize that he is sporting a new Prime Eternal moniker these days. But, has it been proven that this new sparkly title has propelled him to heights that he could not reach in the past?

Is he now too much for Black Bolt to handle? Where is the proof that he has become so much more powerful than the guy that was swatted aside by the Savage Hulk? What proof is there that he would do better against Thor than he did in the past? I'm not saying that he can't, but I'm just saying that I need more than a title to prove that he has earned the right to hang with the real big guns. Thor is, and has proven time and again that he is one of the big guns.

So can Ikaris. The Eternals have so many powers writers just tend to ignore them. One of the guys fighting him said they rather try their luck vs Thor as opposed to Ikaris (not just because of his power levels but all of his varied abilities).

quote:
Keep in mind that I am not knocking Ikaris, but he has to be placed under the scrutiny microscope in order to compete with a character like Thor. I believe that Thor would blow this team away, and do it with minimum to medium effort.

Aarkus is a psion. He can mentally harass Thor while Namor w/Capt's shield goes to town on him.

He said he was trying his best not to hit them with the full extent of his power but that the urge to kill them was overwhelming. What i took from that is that the mind control was so that it would incline him to fight all out, but he was trying not to. Namor faired pretty well against him, too. Also, Aarkus was not in that fight.

I know. I was actually pretty impressed by Namor in that fight. He even withstood Ikaris' beams (strong enough to deflect Blastaar's energy attacks).

Aarkus + Namor w/Cap's shield got this fight in the bag.

Last edited by zopzop on Jun 3rd, 2014 at 02:11 AM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2014 02:09 AM